View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 07:49 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Pizza's Transmitter Build

So the cathode follower in the audio chain is a bust. I used the wrong tube and the article I took the idea from was theory, I don[t think that project was built.

I need more audio than the 12ax7 can give in cathode follower. So next weekend I will change that stage to a common cathode amp and use a resistor network to match the input to the balanced modulator.

Had I used a 6ea8 I'd be ok. But I don't like the first section of the 6ea8 and that's why I did nto use it. The promise of the famous dual triode audio tube does not pan out in cathode follower. Not for the drive level i need.

Scope shows the output to the level pot from the first stage.Display is of my voice using the D104 mic, which I also spent time on today, rewiring it for "classic tube" transmitter input. The output of the CF was clipping on the negative peaks above about 200mV. The output of the CF was clipping on the negative peaks above about 200mV. But still, had a fun day. It's fun to see how things work, and if it was easy, I'd not feel like I was doing ANYTHING.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 01-07-2024 at 07:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GraphiteGhost (01-08-2024)