Old 04-02-2024, 10:20 AM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 901 Likes on 703 Posts
Default Re: Wanting a bad power top control module PTCM

Originally Posted by Nynick8
hey pizzaguy! glad to see you are back to your old shenanigans! glad to see the passion is still there. give us an update sometime on how things are going, and why/ or who you are making this for. I may need to rent it from you first... having some issues with the top.... THANK YOU
Ive fixed two tops here in DFW since I moved here in 2021, but I get tired of trying to access all the switches. WIth this, I can just take the driver's side trim from the trunk, connect this, and (with a 12 foot cable) sit in the car and watch the switches as I put the top thru it's paces.

Originally Posted by xintersecty
Ah you are doing a pass through, very clever. I was going to just move the top manually to see the switches. What chips are using? Optocoupler?
I'm using OP-AMPS, as the swtiches change state, indicator lights on the "control head" will show the switches change state.

The hall effect sensors on the cylinders will be a challenge, as I said above, they only send a spike on change of state, that comes in version 2.

Im also building my transmitter (see thread in "GENERAL") so I'm dividing my time between the two as well as enjoying the warm weather here on "Animal" - Iv'e started too many projects.

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (04-03-2024)