All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Parking Lots / Parking Spaces

Old 09-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Parking Lots / Parking Spaces

Why is it that no matter where I pick to park my Crossfire someone has to park closely right next to it even when every other space is open? This really pisses me off and it seems to happen often!! Today I stopped at a bakery for a cake and some dumb *** woman parked her mini van right next to my car so close that her passenger rear tire was over the line in my space. Let me mention that there were 8 other spaces to the left she could have chosen. Then she proceeded to get out and come around to get her little kid out and didn't have enough room to walk between her van and my car. So she gets back in her mini van and backs up and moves it over about a foot and pulls back into the exact same space again and gets out and gets the kid out and comes into the bakery where I am standing and have been watching her every move out in the parking lot. I wanted to ask her what her problem was but my wife didn't want me to cause a seen as she new I was ready to ream her a new A**hole by now. I always try to park away from other cars but it never fails some A**hole parks right next to me. I am proud of the no ding condition of my Crossfire and would like to keep it this way. Anybody else feel my frustration ??
I would love to hear from others here in the forum.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Parking Lots / Parking Spaces

LOL...I've been there...

One day I parked at a local mall, waaayyy out in back. When I came back out there was a 2 door (beat to death) camaro parked right next to me. As I walked to my car I counted 27 empty spaces between the building and the camaro!

I always just figured that those people somehow think their car will look "cooler" parked all alone next to my drop dead sexy Crossfire!

Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. The first time I took out my car after purchasing, I parked on the far side of the lot at a mall. Of course my wife and I come out after shopping, and sure enough, there's a nice new ding in the car.

However, the good news is that two great things came out of it.

1. Found a great ding removal guy. Flawless work. Can't tell it ever happened.

2. And the best part. My wife was with me. So now I can now always park far away from everyone else, she knows my concerns are justified, and doesn't complain as she did in the past.

3. BTW - If I have to park next to someone else, I always try to find a new, expensive car. I'm thinking they don't want the ding either.

Last edited by eganders; 09-22-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Forum Regular

i'm parking so far away from stores that i may as well leave the car at home.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I call it fairy tale parking "in a land far, far away...from other cars". The first week I had it I parked on the roof of a paring structure. I was the only car on the roof, right in the middle. Came back to find two other cars there, one on each side. And of course there was a ding in the passengers door. I too made friends very quickly with a great dent removal guy. He did a great job as well.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
I call it fairy tale parking "in a land far, far away...from other cars". The first week I had it I parked on the roof of a paring structure. I was the only car on the roof, right in the middle. Came back to find two other cars there, one on each side. And of course there was a ding in the passengers door. I too made friends very quickly with a great dent removal guy. He did a great job as well.
I had a dent on the passenger door since day one... I always been meaning to get it removed just never really did it... where can I find these "dent removal guys"?

Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think some of these people actually think by parking next to us there car will be protected. Others are just a bunch of a-holes that think they will show us for parking so far away!

See my thread here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...king+technique

Last edited by crossfirefun; 09-23-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Thumbs down Re: Parking Lots / Parking Spaces

Been there, Done that! It must be Murphy's Law, (especially strong here) since I live in Murphy, NC.
I wish there was a Perfect answer, but there is not.

SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-23-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
RPM

I park VERY far away. Even at work, and in my other cars.
It seems that many times, I come out and there is something giant next to my car - like a Suburban or Tahoe.
I usually walk around my car before I get in and leave just to make sure everything is good.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Sidez - look for paintless dent removal in the yellow pages if you can't find anything there go to one of the higher end auto dealers in your area and ask them who they use.
This is the primary reason I carry my ding protector with me in the car. You can't trust other people to respect your property. I can't tell you how many dings this has saved me from but its worth the 1/2 hr it took to make it.

Pat

Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
Sidez - look for paintless dent removal in the yellow pages if you can't find anything there go to one of the higher end auto dealers in your area and ask them who they use.
This is the primary reason I carry my ding protector with me in the car. You can't trust other people to respect your property. I can't tell you how many dings this has saved me from but its worth the 1/2 hr it took to make it.

Pat
Pat,
What is a "Ding Protector"? (I know, to protect you form Dings, correct, No seriously)?

SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-23-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:29 PM

A) Yes it's happened to me. I was sitting in my car at the bank, and some dumb biotch in a minivan pulled up inches from my passenger side. She opened her door into mine (not hard), and I had a few choice words for her.

B) Parking far away by yourself is a little stupid. The reason you come out and see that sh!tbox parked right next to your car is that people do it on purpose to be an ****. You're just inviting it.

One thing I can't stand is when I see someone park diagonally across two spots, because they think their car is nice enough to warrant it. I would seriously love to smack someone for doing that...it's just a f'n car.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Silver Fox - the ding protector is something I designed a few years ago. I work in an office park where at any one time there is probably 100 empty spaces. There were 4 or 5 of us with nice cars that used to take two spots in a very hard to get in and out of part of our parking lot. We were told if we continued that practice our cars would be towed. Out of necessity I came up with a door protector. Its basically two swimming pool noodles tied together with elastic hooks on either end. The noodles are tied together with the decorative rope you get at Home Depot. My wife made a cover to go over it from a gray, cotton towel so you don't see the noodles. The whole thing attaches to the wheel wells and prevents any door from getting near the side of the car. You can put on and off with one hand and they have withstood a 60 mph thunderstorm gust.
The first set I made were out of styrofoam but I found after using them for awhile they started to crumble. They did the job but were too messy to carry in the car. The noodle version is flexible and stows nicely in the rear compartment or in the passenger side foot well. Laugh if you must but I have no dings nor do I worry about them much any more.

Pat

Old 09-23-2007, 05:09 PM

I've seen Pat's "Ding Protector" and I have to admit when he first showed it to me I thought "this is a little over the edge." (Sorry, Pat, LOL). It was however, at that moment, the first time I realized that there was no protection on the side of the XF like every other car. Hmmm, maybe not so over the edge after all. His little invention looks good, is a snap to put on and take off, and really does protect against the parking lot jerks.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:17 PM

Has anyone ever tried one of those ding removers you see on TV?

Old 09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Talking Re: Parking Lots / Parking Spaces & Noodles

Originally Posted by Fenwick223
I've seen Pat's "Ding Protector" and I have to admit when he first showed it to me I thought "this is a little over the edge." (Sorry, Pat, LOL). It was however, at that moment, the first time I realized that there was no protection on the side of the XF like every other car. Hmmm, maybe not so over the edge after all. His little invention looks good, is a snap to put on and take off, and really does protect against the parking lot jerks.
Well, Pat & Fenwick, that is very unique. I would call that: "Using Your Noodle"(s). Thanks for the good idea!

SF

Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Question Re: Parking Lots / Parking Spaces

Please tell me what a ding protector is.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:16 PM

It has gotten so that I don't want to take the XF some places just because I can't stand the thought of some butt head knocking it with their doors. Often one of us sits with the car in a lot while the other runs in to take care of our errand. We do put tire protectors on it in the garage. Their just 2" thick pieces of dense foam from a (Chrysler) plant, but they keep the kids, bikes and lawn mower from scratching the wheels/paint. We lean them against the tire/wheel then pull the cover down which holds the foam against the wheel.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Forum Regular

Sidez ... there is a "dent wizard" on grand ave. right next to overpeck park ...

Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 AM
Forum Regular

I too have a ding on my car, but it happened at work. I despise coworkers!

Quick Reply: Parking Lots / Parking Spaces