All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Is that LPW good for any owner?

Only the original owner during the time they were offering it.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:06 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
At 20246 miles, I let Chrysler Dealership install new valve covers and cover gaskets due to weeping oil. It is covered on the lifetime powertrain warranty, and it was discovered by them during the 5 year LPW inspection last week. I actually knew this was weeping BUT it never weep'd enough to smell or bother me. I also read in the warranty booklet that this LPW inspection is EVERY 5 years, at any Chrysler Dealership. So, they have my girl, I should get her back tomorrow afternoon.
Yeah, my XFire is an 04 and it had the 7/70. I have an 08 Town and Country Limited which has the LPW and I just had it certificed back in January at it's service interval. It's nice having it. I hope I don't need it but..............it's there if I do. I, however, have 90K miles on the vehicle already.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:17 PM

Yesterday I wired a dashcam in behind the mirror, using the HomeLink connector for power.

The camera I installed is a BlackVue DR500GW. I got mine used and if I was buying new I'd go for something much cheaper. So far the BlackVue is nice but for the retail price you could get several cameras that take equally high quality video, just without WiFi and other gimmicks. My dad got caught up in a hit-and-run insurance scam attempt and I wanted some protection against the same thing happening to me.

I also re-torqued my driver's side front lower shock bolt. My suspension slowly developed a clunking noise after I got an alignment a few weeks ago. It was pretty clear that a shock bolt was to blame from the start because the noise happened when the suspension shifted rapidly from compression to rebound, rather than during lateral (side-to-side) load like a normal wheel bearing or ball joint failure.

I got under the car and sure enough the bolt was way, way under spec. It took almost a full turn to get up to the factory spec. Clunk is gone. I'm going to call the shop and let them know - I have no idea why they loosened it up in the first place, or if it happened to have been backing out beforehand and messing around in there just caused something to shift and start the rattle.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xjken
The paintless dent removal guy just finished smoothing out my out my base vert and I am a happy camper. He removed 3 from the trunk lid, 3 from the right door, 2 from the left door and 1 from the hood that was actually poking up. This guy does great work I would recommend him to anyone in the Cincinnati Metro area that needs his services. His name is Michael Harris and his web page is www.irepairdents.com. He eyeballed the Crossfire about 16 months ago when he repaired some hail damage on a lease car I was about to turn in and gave me an estimate of $100.00. 16 months later he honored that estimate which I thought was pretty cool.

That's definitely great work. From that picture you can't see any imperfections, much less dents. Congrats on finding a good guy to do your work! Looks nice.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Forum Regular

Washed it after who knows how long. All these routine high milage repairs made me neglect the cleanliness.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:16 PM

It's not what I did...It's what the Crossfire is doing...Got Check Engine Light 2 days ago...won't go away. had it check...Code PO410-Smog pump...Is there a fix to this unit or do I have to shell out big bucks to replace? Also will it hurt the engine if I continue to drive it?.Is this the pump?(located in front of the engine)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20140814_114316 (1).jpg (1.15 MB, 21 views)
Old 08-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carl graham
It's not what I did...It's what the Crossfire is doing...Got Check Engine Light 2 days ago...won't go away. had it check...Code PO410-Smog pump...Is there a fix to this unit or do I have to shell out big bucks to replace? Also will it hurt the engine if I continue to drive it?.Is this the pump?(located in front of the engine)
That's the air pump.

Check out this thread:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ine-light.html

Last edited by Indelibility; 08-14-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

It won't hurt anything. You might even go ahead and unplug the smog pump to prevent any further damage to it's motor.
This is usually caused by burnt / sticking contacts in it's relay that is in the RCM.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WindRestrictor
That's definitely great work. From that picture you can't see any imperfections, much less dents. Congrats on finding a good guy to do your work! Looks nice.

He's been doing it for 20 plus years and definitely has skills. That door had three dings, none of which were to bad but I eyes always went right to them.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
It won't hurt anything. You might even go ahead and unplug the smog pump to prevent any further damage to it's motor.
This is usually caused by burnt / sticking contacts in it's relay that is in the RCM.
Thanks. George and Indelibity: Is there a certain "unplug" that will disconnect the pump, if, where is it located?...Carl

Old 08-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Received 391 Likes on 337 Posts

At 20246 miles, I let Chrysler Dealership install new valve covers and cover gaskets due to weeping oil. It is covered on the lifetime powertrain warranty, and it was discovered by them during the 5 year LPW inspection last week. I actually knew this was weeping BUT it never weep'd enough to smell or bother me. I also read in the warranty booklet that this LPW inspection is EVERY 5 years, at any Chrysler Dealership. So, they have my girl, I should get her back tomorrow afternoon.

Got her back late today, not a smudge of oil anywhere. I'll have to clean the top air cleaner/engine cover as a little grease got deposited here and there. All they wanted was a signature. I looked up the detailed parts list prices, just the parts were (Chrysler $845.90), Ebay (High $974.63) Low ($584.20). This is just for the parts (internet search no particular site), no idea what labor would be for it. The part numbers are:

COVER-CYLINDER HEAD Part#: 5096479AA
COVER-CYLINDER HEAD Part#: 5096480AA
GASKET-CYLINDER HEAD COVER Part#: 5097104AA
GASKET-CYLINDER HEAD COVER Part#: 5097105AA

Sure am glad I have that LPW and it was 100% covered!

Old 08-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 486 Likes on 337 Posts

Detailed the car and drained the "Oil Catch Can"
I'm sure glad that all that oil isn't going through the throttle body
Thanks Rob for inventing this mod for our cars to keep the engine clean

NeedsWings Crossfire Oil Catch Can Kit

Attached Images
oil.jpg (74.8 KB, 127 views)
Old 08-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Forum Regular

Went over the whole car yesterday morning with some polish and then drove it quite a bit. She's running great (knock on wood) and looking pretty good but, all is not perfect. Key fob has been a little erratic locking and unlocking the car the past two times I have had the car out. I dropped the keys and fob a week or so ago and that seems to be when the problem started so yesterday I popped the battery compartment of the fob and reset the batteries and has worked fine since then. Hoping that was the problem and not the central locking pump. The car has not been wet (rain or car wash) in over a year so water should not be a problem.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I drove her to work.

This, folks, is rare.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I drove her to work.

This, folks, is rare.
Indeed rare.
It means she is parked outside the lab exposed to all those grungy Auburn students.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 PM

After getting her back from Chrysler (for the two valve covers/gaskets) yesterday afternoon, I changed the two engine air filters and the cabin air filter this morning while it was real cool outside. Car runs super smooth and no more extremely light weeping oil onto the engine! All is GOOD!

Found this special for the carbon Cabin Air Filter, UNDER $16.00! http://www.ebay.com/itm/191129093565?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Get em while their CHEAP! Especially for CARBON!

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 08-15-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added Info @ Cabin Air Filter
Old 08-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Sorry for being confused but where is the second engine air filter? I know of the one under the silver engine bay cover and obviously the cabin filter under the passenger side??

After getting her back from Chrysler (for the two valve covers/gaskets) yesterday afternoon, I changed the two engine air filters and the cabin air filter this morning while it was real cool outside. Car runs super smooth and no more extremely light weeping oil onto the engine! All is GOOD!

Found this special for the carbon Cabin Air Filter, UNDER $16.00! Chrysler 2004 2008 Mercedes Benz 1994 2011 Charcoal Cabin Air Filter | eBay Get em while their CHEAP! Especially for CARBON!

Old 08-15-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Sorry for being confused but where is the second engine air filter? I know of the one under the silver engine bay cover and obviously the cabin filter under the passenger side??
If you have a stock silver cover, there are two filters in it, one on each side.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by nickwe21

I have a N/A and there is two engine air filters under the cover, one on each side just inside where the tubes connect from the radiator wall. They come out with a torx screw (4 each side) and are real easy to replace.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:53 PM

Would like anyone's aesthetic opinion, pro or con ,for the potential use of "shark fins" for rear diffusers...1 each side or 2 each side?...Carl

Attached Images
20140813_115254.jpg (868.3 KB, 45 views)
20140813_161119 (1).jpg (865.7 KB, 40 views)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?