All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

The only thing I did to my crossfire today is pack it for the road trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise in the "Motor City"!

Old 08-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by steps
Red Dog
Looked back in our correspondence and could not find the solution that you sent would you be so kind tos end it again
Thanks
Steps
Hi Steps . . . I sent it to you via Private Message. Here is the link again . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post356157

Old 08-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Red Dog,

The new ignition switch is work wonderfully, the keys work great the column locks up like it should I will do the RCM mod this week. I'm feeling better about the car.
thanks for putting up with me I guess I getting crotchety in my old age.
I started to do some detail cleaning now the little place that if you lazy you doon't do.
Next week the decals and the caliper covers..... now I'm having fun.............
Steps

Old 08-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today made an appointment to have the Lambo doors installed in 2 weeks Aug. 27 YIPPEE

Old 08-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by jayloukakis@hotmail.com
Today made an appointment to have the Lambo doors installed in 2 weeks Aug. 27 YIPPEE
I take it you have read the opinions of this forum on these doors?
They are generally considered passe and more trouble than they are worth.

Spend the money on something else, like go fast parts.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:25 PM

I received and checked the fit of the front turn signal sockets they fit and work 100%. They are just spares for me.
PDF
Get the ones from Lithuania as they are the cheapest if you can wait the 10 days in the mail.
The Lithuania ones are the second red click in "here" above or the PDF.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I take it you have read the opinions of this forum on these doors?
They are generally considered passe and more trouble than they are worth.

Spend the money on something else, like go fast parts.
I don't need to go fast , I don't drive over 150 mph like I did when I had my Pantera modified, the company I am going with is rated with the best door system. I have a problem as people park too close to me sometimes I cannot even get my door open until they move the tyheir car or [ BIG *** SUV ] that is the main reason that Im getting them not because everyone else is getting them it is only for my own comfort in getting in because most people just don't give a damn about other peoples car, I live in a small town with the WORST drivers anywhere. Im not trying to look COOL as that's why most people are getting the doors.. I don't feel that I have to explain anything to anyone, not trying to be rede.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't need to go fast , I don't drive over 150 mph like I did when I had my Pantera modified, the company I am going with is rated with the best door system. I have a problem as people park too close to me sometimes I cannot even get my door open until they move the tyheir car or [ BIG *** SUV ] that is the main reason that Im getting them not because everyone else is getting them it is only for my own comfort in getting in because most people just don't give a damn about other peoples car, I live in a small town with the WORST drivers anywhere. Im not trying to look COOL as that's why most people are getting the doors.. I don't feel that I have to explain anything to anyone, not trying to be rede.
Please post pics of the installation. I think they could be useful. Do what you like. We all have opinions but that's all they are.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I took my car to a high end race shop for an alignment and evaluation. I dropped the car off in the morning and in the afternoon they were still jacking things around and measuring. They want to make custom front upper and lower control arms and put coil overs in the front. I don't want to see the bill.

Les

Old 08-12-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by stryfox
Please post pics of the installation. I think they could be useful. Do what you like. We all have opinions but that's all they are.
I read all 3 pages of those that had them installed, Vertical Doors have a patent on them and the company is rated very high, and that is the main reason I will have them install mine some of the kits are cheap and I got a price that Im happy with cant wait.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:35 PM

Suit yourself. People who care about their Crossfire park far from the madding crowd anyway.
Sometimes I have to get a taxi to where I'm going as the car is parked so far away.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the main reason that Im getting them not because everyone else is getting them it is only for my own comfort in getting in because most people just don't give a damn about other peoples car,
I don't feel that I have to explain anything to anyone, not trying to be rede.
Nope your car your money your idea, if you want to swap the engine with a Briggs & Straton and paint unicorns all over it, if that is what you like and what you want to do, more power to you only thing it hurts is the resale.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Nope your car your money your idea, if you want to swap the engine with a Briggs & Straton and paint unicorns all over it, if that is what you like and what you want to do, more power to you only thing it hurts is the resale.
At my age Im not worried about resale I love the car it is just hard to get in or out when people park about 4 inches from your door.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Suit yourself. People who care about their Crossfire park far from the madding crowd anyway.
Sometimes I have to get a taxi to where I'm going as the car is parked so far away.
I will park at the other end of the parking lot and some woman feels lonely and will park next to me.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

At my age Im not worried about resale
Nobody buys a Mercedes product for its resale, since it has the highest depreciation of anything.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Nobody buys a Mercedes product for its resale, since it has the highest depreciation of anything.

Thought Jaguar had that distinction?

Old 08-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Egodriver71
Actually, the latest statistics say the Hyundai Genesis has that distinction.
As it exits the dealer's lot, it loses 39% of it's original value.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular

Ouch!

And don't forget Land Rover and Range Rover, they seem to depreciate rather quickly as well...

Old 08-13-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Egodriver71
MB never did know about the KISS system look at the early VWs maybe that's why VW is so rich.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yesterday I made the trip to Auburn, AL so maxcichon (really cool guy and his car is bada$$) and I could tackle my shakey brake problem. Serviced and greased the front two, and checked the pads on the back two. Put new brake fluid in. Changed the power steering fluid. Then we put a good washing on the engine bay and exterior of the car ( I washed, he fixed the crack in my intake tube ). Then I waxed it while he restored my headlights back to showroom quality. All together it was a good day. Got to ride in his super loud roadster, and even met his dog that was almost taller than me. The only drawback was my brake problem coming back 30 mins from home, and me leaving the brake caliper socket I bought for the job. No worries though. He taught me how to do the brakes and a bunch of other stuff on the car, so I am super happy with the outcome of the trip. Thanks again Max!!

Last edited by chturner; 08-13-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?