All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 01-05-2020, 09:50 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Old phart phred
Changed the air filters on the new to me 05 coupe, as I did not see them specifically listed in service records, car has 75k on the clock, they weren't original unless the factory tech had greasy fingers, but didn't do well on a light test. Lots of bug carcuss and moth wings in there, and cottonwood fluff. Come spring I may treat underside of black plastic housing to reflect/insulate heat cause engines love cold dense air.
Check your cabin air filter too
Located under the glove compartment inside the passenger side of the car

Old 01-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Today, I ordered new engine mounts and transmission mount as well as a couple of things that will make my life easier wile installing them (thanks to FrenchyAlex on a different post).

I also checked my transmission fluid only to find out it was pretty low. I warmed the car up and tried to check the transmission temperature but for some reason, my scanner cannot connect to it. Has anyone had this issue before? I am using the Snap-On Ethos scanner that I bought when I bought this car. I can connect to the other systems such as the instrument cluster, AC and ecu but not to the transmissisons computer for some reason. Could it just not be supported? I know the transmission is communicating because I can connect to the Can C with my laptop and see data from it. Since I didnt know the exact temperature and it is pretty cold where I am right now, I filled it a little over half of the dipstick markings between the 25 degree mark and 80 degree mark. Im sure its not where it needs to be but I am hoping it will get me to the summer where I can get it nice and hot to check it again

Old 01-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Removed the sheet of Visqueen covering the Garage Queen SSB Roadster, to drive it a few miles and run the flat spots off of the tires. Worked the top two times, worked great, drove it about 15 miles and put it back in the garage. I had not driven it for a few monthsand it was time.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

About 2 weeks ago I got it out of the body shop with a front and rear bumper cover refresh and paint and headlights buffed

Old 01-05-2020, 11:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
About 2 weeks ago I got it out of the body shop with a front and rear bumper cover refresh and paint and headlights buffed
if you just had your headlights buffed, i highly recommend a protective file like the one below to keep them clear in the long run. I stripped mine down, polished them, then put this on them back when i first got the car about 6 years ago. They still look like new
https://www.lamin-x.com/chrysler-cro...gaAsEsEALw_wcB

Old 01-05-2020, 11:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
if you just had your headlights buffed, i highly recommend a protective file like the one below to keep them clear in the long run. I stripped mine down, polished them, then put this on them back when i first got the car about 6 years ago. They still look like new
https://www.lamin-x.com/chrysler-cro...gaAsEsEALw_wcB
Yes I know but thanks. My brother does the headlights professionally and he is the one that did it.

Old 01-06-2020, 04:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts

This is the backup camera camera I mentioned a week ago. Notice I had to mount the actual camera off-center or else it would have contacted the trunk release latch.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:04 AM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts

Here is mine

stock mirror mount still there

Old 01-11-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Valk
Here in the Midwest most of us unfortunately need to park our Crossfires during the winter
Although I have a heated garage at my house I am fortunate to have a friend and fellow Crossfire owner who has a Motor Condo only 10 minutes from my house.
It is a climate controlled environment kept at 60+ degrees all winter
Last year was my first year storing my Roadster here and it went back again today for the winter months
It is parked along with his 2 SRT's
I drove it 8275 miles this year since the beginning of April.
Take a look at this facility >> https://www.irongatemotorcondos.com/garages/
My Crossfire is now front and center among a few other cars since I put in here on November 7th
My friend and the owner of this garage bought a yellow 2004 Porsche 911 Turbo to add to his collection
I went here today to check my battery voltage and start it up and let in run for awhile
Weather is cold and roads were wet today so didn't take it for a drive

Old 01-14-2020, 05:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Oil catch can out of eBay

Carbon fiber shifter ****

Old 01-16-2020, 07:19 PM
Received 195 Likes on 163 Posts

Removed the wing and base plate from the SRT6 yesterday; Today reinstalled with fresh Mortite caulking at both the plate and wing mounts.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:30 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by zip439
Removed the wing and base plate from the SRT6 yesterday; Today reinstalled with fresh Mortite caulking at both the plate and wing mounts.
I hope you installed the caulking so that it did not have an area at the centre of the top did not have a dip that water could collect in.
The original seal failed in this area many times by extruding downward and allowing water to pass the seal.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:30 PM
Received 195 Likes on 163 Posts

I tried to make a smooth radius to allow water to run to the sides. The caulking is a good 1/8" bead all the way around; certainly better than the thin neoprene that was original. The only thing keeping water from leaking in at the pedestals of the wing are the O-rings so I placed a bead of caulking in the base of the pedestals down inside the mounting indent of the base. Water shouldn't even get to the o-rings. The original seal was in pretty good shape around the base, but I could see that it was beginning to let go as dirt had started to work it's way into the seal. The original was positioned well all the way around, so I used it as a guide to place the new rope caulking.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by zip439
I tried to make a smooth radius to allow water to run to the sides. The caulking is a good 1/8" bead all the way around; certainly better than the thin neoprene that was original. The only thing keeping water from leaking in at the pedestals of the wing are the O-rings so I placed a bead of caulking in the base of the pedestals down inside the mounting indent of the base. Water shouldn't even get to the o-rings. The original seal was in pretty good shape around the base, but I could see that it was beginning to let go as dirt had started to work it's way into the seal. The original was positioned well all the way around, so I used it as a guide to place the new rope caulking.
I noticed in some photos that the original seal was put in wrong, you can tell by the mark left by the seal.
Some people put a bead of silicone between the faces but this is a bad idea if you ever need to remove the base plate.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:15 PM

6,413 replies to this thread with 521,509 views since it was created on 04-01-2011
Likely to be the thread with the most views on this forum !!
Over a Half Million views !!

Click here to see all who have posted in this thread and their number of posts >>

Then click the number of posts next to anyones screen name to see ALL the posts by that specific member in this thread

Last edited by Valk; 01-17-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular

Installed the new steering wheel that's been sitting around for months. It's a super-simple one-man job. Perhaps the most important thing not to forget is marking the splines where the steering wheel goes on the shaft. These tools for the T30 air bag bolts make the job easier still as you can access the screws with the steering wheel at any angle.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E5P8YI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E5P8YI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

Old 01-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WD40
Installed the new steering wheel that's been sitting around for months. It's a super-simple one-man job. Perhaps the most important thing not to forget is marking the splines where the steering wheel goes on the shaft. These tools for the T30 air bag bolts make the job easier still as you can access the screws with the steering wheel at any angle. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E5P8YI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00
can u post a pic of new steering wheel , im looking for ideas for mine

Old 01-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We had a wonderful drive and lunch with the Florida West Coast Crossfire Group. All topless!!

The following users liked this post:
Hawker (12-07-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by SRQfun
We had a wonderful drive and lunch with the Florida West Coast Crossfire Group. All topless!!
All topless?
Is that such a good thing considering the age of some owners?

Old 01-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Forum Regular

I'll do it B4 I go to bed tonight (post pic of new steering wheel). Had to say that or I won't do it. I hate not keeping my word!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?