All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 04-27-2020, 05:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 198 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Captivating.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk
A few pics from this beautiful Sunday afternoon
Nice!!

Old 04-27-2020, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About a year ago my srt6 was hit sitting at a stop sign. someone ran right over my front end.
one of my front rims was crushed. and quite frankly srt6 front rims are made of unobtanium.
After having the car to a frame shop and the entire front end rebuilt, i decided to do a rim change.
i started first with the front ones out of need from the accident. they are 18x8 and 35mm offset
just this last week i finally got the rears.
i moved the rear to a Touren tr70 20x10 . the offset on the wheel is 40mm and required a 25mm spacer to fit up and in the well correct.
i mounted 275/30/20 nitto motivo on them. its amazing how smooth and quiet this arrangement is.
here are just a few pics.

Last edited by mastermikie; 04-27-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:26 PM

Nice looking setup. So with the 25 mm spacers on the rear, the lug bolts are that much longer?

Old 04-27-2020, 02:48 PM
Forum Regular

beauties !!

Sounds like expensive. Repair.....how is it they didn’t total it out ?

Old 04-27-2020, 07:34 PM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

[QUOTE=mastermikie;940599......[/QUOTE]

Driving on a parkway and parking on a Driveway? Smiles forever...

Old 04-27-2020, 09:04 PM
Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

It looks like each wheel requires 10 bolts, not 5 long ones

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Nice looking setup. So with the 25 mm spacers on the rear, the lug bolts are that much longer?

Old 04-28-2020, 12:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by mastermikie
About a year ago my srt6 was hit sitting at a stop sign. someone ran right over my front end.
one of my front rims was crushed. and quite frankly srt6 front rims are made of unobtanium.
After having the car to a frame shop and the entire front end rebuilt, i decided to do a rim change.
i started first with the front ones out of need from the accident. they are 18x8 and 35mm offset
just this last week i finally got the rears.
i moved the rear to a Touren tr70 20x10 . the offset on the wheel is 40mm and required a 25mm spacer to fit up and in the well correct.
i mounted 275/30/20 nitto motivo on them. its amazing how smooth and quiet this arrangement is.
here are just a few pics.
What's the make (name) & model (name) of the wheels.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@JoeO Actually they did total it. they gave me $5600 for the car and after buy back i had $4400. that was enough to get the control arm kit and front nose cone. just enough to make it drive able. i spent another $3500 out of pocket to have the lower control arm mount which was bent repaired, adjustable control arm bushings front and rear and get a set of matching rims back on it. but to make a long story short i couldn't find another vehicle for the money i spent that i wouldn't have to spend more on to bring to my level of expectation. i have kept this one serviced and know what i have for the money. not to mention the mojo this car has.

@dedwards0323 with the 25mm spacers there are 5 bolts that pass thru the spacer to the hub and 5 that hold the wheel to the spacer. think of it as a hub extension. that way your not riding on some really long bolts. btw those are eibach pro spacers. they come as a kit with the correct length bolts for the spacer to the hub. if they are too long they can dmg the brake components. so if you use spacers do the research. see pic.

@WD40 the rims are Touren tr70 silvers. they make a few different diameters and widths. however the ones i have on the rear are probably the last set anyone will find. it seems the 20x10 5x112 were out of stock everywhere. i was fortunate i contacted the distributor TWG and had them see if there were any available. they were able to find me 2 system wide and they were shipped from 2 different warehouses.

Last edited by mastermikie; 04-28-2020 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We brought our car back from Arizona 1 year ago. Looked for a while, 2 owners, the colors we liked, all available factory options, some OEM accessories and well taken care of. You pay a little more for a good one or a lot more for a not so good one. My wife thought we bought a good one that didn't need anything. She was right. This list is all about maintenance and extras. This forum has been invaluable to us. My wife and I would like to thank all of the contributors from the past and present, as this forum has saved us a ton of money, some grief and gotten me back into being a wash, wax and wrench man. We basically have a new car because of this forum. So instead of a whole bunch of "daily's" to post I will list to date as I can remember, the things we have done over the last year I have broken it down to Maintenance and Upgrades. Its' been and is fun. Did I miss anything? I have just put some polish on the car getting ready to put it back on the road Friday. Got a couple fresh pictures with the OEM signal mirror flashing .

Maintenance: Air cleaner filters, Cabin filter, Mobil synthetic oil and fleece filter, Rim Rash repairs, Crank and Cam position sensors replaced (Bosch), Engine shampoo and detail, Clay bar and many waxes, 303 on roof, R&R rockers, stone chip touch ups, replaced plastic wire loom clip on trunk lid, tire balance, repainted silver windshield surround, everything works.

Upgrades and Fixes: Drill less license plate mount, daytime running lights, secondary ground strap, LED running and side marker lamps, detailed wheel wells, VHT painted calipers, WW escutcheon install w cap,upgrade to chirping siren, resoldered RCM, sticky ignition key fix, replace cup holder with bin, also secured OEM mint cup holder for stock, Blue tooth to factory nav radio, biggest stereo bang for the buck, upgrade sub woofers, 8 way power passenger seat, LED cabin lighting, LED foot well lighting added, LED luggage compartment added, OEM signal mirrors, OEM painted rear diffusers, OEM accessory floor mats, OEM rear windscreen, leather door pull covers, OEM factory luggage.

Anybody have any OEM lighted door sills you will part with?

Last edited by Johnny Versatile; 04-30-2020 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added RCM
Old 04-29-2020, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Johnny Versatile
We brought our car back from Arizona 1 year ago. Looked for a while, 2 owners, the colors we liked, all available factory options, some OEM accessories and well taken care of. You pay a little more for a good one or a lot more for a not so good one. My wife thought we bought a good one that didn't need anything. She was right. This list is all about maintenance and extras. This forum has been invaluable to us. My wife and I would like to thank all of the contributors from the past and present, as this forum has saved us a ton of money, some grief and gotten me back into being a wash, wax and wrench man. We basically have a new car because of this forum. So instead of a whole bunch of "daily's" to post I will list to date as I can remember, the things we have done over the last year I have broken it down to Maintenance and Upgrades. Its' been and is fun. Did I miss anything? I have just put some polish on the car getting ready to put it back on the road Friday. Got a couple fresh pictures with the OEM signal mirror flashing .

Maintenance: Air cleaner filters, Cabin filter, Mobil synthetic oil and fleece filter, Rim Rash repairs, Crank and Cam position sensors replaced (Bosch), Engine shampoo and detail, Clay bar and many waxes, 303 on roof, R&R rockers, stone chip touch ups, replaced plastic wire loom clip on trunk lid, tire balance, repainted silver windshield surround, everything works.

Upgrades and Fixes: Drill less license plate mount, daytime running lights, secondary ground strap, LED running and side marker lamps, detailed wheel wells, VHT painted calipers, WW escutcheon install w cap,upgrade to chirping siren, sticky ignition key fix, replace cup holder with bin, also secured OEM mint cup holder for stock, Blue tooth to factory nav radio, biggest stereo bang for the buck, upgrade sub woofers, 8 way power passenger seat, LED cabin lighting, LED foot well lighting added, LED luggage compartment added, OEM signal mirrors, OEM painted rear diffusers, OEM accessory floor mats, OEM rear windscreen, leather door pull covers, OEM factory luggage.

those mirrors are factory, ? Id love to find a set

Old 04-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts

After my wife seen this post she said "why don't you get up off your *** and do something"
thanks Johnny !

Old 04-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Forum Regular

Eye Popping photos,

Eye Popping activity in a years time

Old 04-30-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Versatile

Upgrades and Fixes: Drill less license plate mount, daytime running lights, secondary ground strap, LED running and side marker lamps, detailed wheel wells, VHT painted calipers, WW escutcheon install w cap,upgrade to chirping siren, resoldered RCM, sticky ignition key fix, replace cup holder with bin, also secured OEM mint cup holder for stock, Blue tooth to factory nav radio, biggest stereo bang for the buck, upgrade sub woofers, 8 way power passenger seat, LED cabin lighting, LED foot well lighting added, LED luggage compartment added, OEM signal mirrors, OEM painted rear diffusers, OEM accessory floor mats, OEM rear windscreen, leather door pull covers, OEM factory luggage.

Nice Looking Roadster!!

Old 04-30-2020, 10:42 AM

So took the time over the past couple of days to do a thorough detailing of the exterior on our coupe. Finished up just before the storm front came thru yesterday afternoon. Had to cover up the coupe as hail was predicted in this storm front.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 501 Likes on 345 Posts

I drove in a parade with a couple other Crossfires and several Motorcycles past a house where a 5 year old girl had a birthday
We had the sheriff accompany us at the end of the parade too

Last edited by Valk; 05-04-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:01 PM

Nice!!!!

Old 05-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

Finally got hit with the RCM/No start issue! The three 'twin' pins spots near PCB top left edge (looking at PCB bottom with fuses facing away under where the Air Pump relay is), center one and right one, cold solder joints. VERY hard to see, hardly visible fine cracks completely around the pins, had to use a magnifying headband. I suspect IF more solder was in the 'tray' when this slid along during production, it would have not separated. Regardless, this was not visible with a naked eye. Thought mine was immune to this due to improvements in design/fixes in production BUT, there WAS this black 'magic marker' letters/numbers on top of PCB board where that 6th relay position was. COULD this RCM have been an older one either in stock or returned/fixed (and then installed during vehicle assembly)? Down below diode, an 'ou' was there (at @ neg band) and something like a '97h' (really could not make it out exactly) was about centered on where the relay would have been mounted. Anyway, after the freeflow of new solder (prepped by sucking most of old out), beautifully bright silver across all three 'twin' pins spots. Started right up as 'start' was engaged. Inspection and continuity testing of all relay coils and contacts, passed 100%. Another successful job well done (patting back)!

Old 05-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Installed these seat belt extenders :

Old 05-09-2020, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Installed these seat belt extenders :
what are the purpose of these

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?