All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 04-10-2020, 04:06 AM
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by JoeO
Originally Posted by JoeO View Post
Paying Maintenance for an older car is cheaper than getting a new one.

How old was this woman, WD ?

Joe, that's really weird cuz that's THE MOST EMBARRASSING question you could have possibly asked! I'll just leave it at this. Previously the largest age difference for any woman I'd dated was 12 years, she being younger. This woman was MORE than 12 years younger than me. Like I said. I'll leave it at that. Again.. of ALL the questions!! Weird. HOW DID YOU KNOW??????? 😄

Well, WD.....some think trading in or trading up is an art form, but it’s really nothing more than Engineering mixed equally with Economics. Engineering know how calculates failure rates and Economics gives us Net Present Value as opposed to the investment reaching Maturity.

I would say your trade in timing was spot on. Estimating your trade to be about 45, you can be sure of the chassis still being attractive to interested buyers and the break in period has long past to where it doesn’t need 24/7 attention.

Likely, the undercarriage needs some work and the suspension has lost some firmness of ride. Consider the get up and go for weekend nights being less and less, and somehow the unit as a whole has lost some of its firmness with torsional tightness also beginning to fade.

You did well.
Joe, she wasn't even in her F'ing 30's yet. If I told you would you even believe me? I wouldn't have believed me before. It was one of those things where I got to know her online first or it would never have happened. The fact it lasted as long as it did was also unexpected. Joe, you better not tell anybody, but she was 22. Believe it or not Joe. Hand to God. Should I feel like a creep about it? It was really important to her to feel mature. She damn sure overachieved there! Also she had just moved here from Russia and was sleeping in a large walk-in closet at her brother's. So you know Joe, it just worked out for everyone concerned and as you have learned... live long enough and every unlikely aspect of humanity will parade before you!

Old 04-10-2020, 04:07 AM
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by JSK
Had bearing noise coming from the front of the engine on my black coupe, pulled the belt and checked the idler and tensioner, the idler felt really rough. Ordered a new pulley and belt and put it back together, still noisy. Got back to it today, pulled the belt to check everything else and found the bearing to be bad in the supercharger pulley. I happened to have two spare oem pulleys so installed one and it’s nice and quiet now. I’ll get a new bearing for the one I took off. When I found the bad idler I figured I was done. Should have checked them all the first time.
Sounds like what a mechanic told me long ago: Just because you find one nail in your tire don't assume it's the only one.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So today I tackled the dreaded cup holder took it out with some from help here but ran into things that were not mentioned. One being the vacuum hose, do you think I could get that sucker apart. Ended up cutting it at the nipple closest to the back wall. Then getting it attached was even harder. I'm a novice when comes do doing things to cars but at least I'll try. Heated the line with a heat gun was still having problems. Ended up splicing it to rubber hose not sure if it will work but its all I could think of. As far as cup holder goes I drilled where i thought the piece had broken off and glued a piece of plastic to it and got to to close but it just won't open. I can see what does but it must be off ever so slightly but just enough to keep it closed which is better than open. I may break down to by the bin replacement we will see. Oh and forgot last week my truck won't open search utube found the answer by going through the plate light on the right side and wa la truck opens. was hoping all I was going to do was drive it when I bought it. LOL

Old 04-10-2020, 05:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JSK
Had bearing noise coming from the front of the engine on my black coupe, pulled the belt and checked the idler and tensioner, the idler felt really rough. Ordered a new pulley and belt and put it back together, still noisy. Got back to it today, pulled the belt to check everything else and found the bearing to be bad in the supercharger pulley. I happened to have two spare oem pulleys so installed one and it’s nice and quiet now. I’ll get a new bearing for the one I took off. When I found the bad idler I figured I was done. Should have checked them all the first time.
Do yourself a great favor and get the PSK, it’s one of the first things I did to mine. Those idler pulleys are junk. It should be Stage 0 for the SRT6. Can’t recommend it enough. 🤙🏼

Old 04-10-2020, 06:01 PM
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I just flushed out my old break fluid today. I had ordered fog lights and lower grills. Got them done. Still need to drain transmission fluid and change the plug. But i have to drive over my ditch to get enough room to get under it. It won't stop raining enough here in Arkansas for my ditch to dry.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well today I replaced the crank shaft sensor , the Map sensor , replaced head light bulbs , cleaned my XF and vacuumed it. Filled the tank with some premium as always, and fixed the back hatch trim with new hardware. Now its all sealed up. And I took her first nice long ride.

Was gonna post pic not working 😕
XF 04 6spd 159000 miles

Last edited by KnightRyder_77; 04-10-2020 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Bosslet
Well,
I just installed mgp brand caliper covers. I know, some will say they are ricey, but "haters gonna hate". See pix....

Caliper cover installed
They look good, how much and wear did you get them ?

Old 04-11-2020, 01:21 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Sussudio
Do yourself a great favor and get the PSK, it’s one of the first things I did to mine. Those idler pulleys are junk. It should be Stage 0 for the SRT6. Can’t recommend it enough. 🤙🏼
Are you talking about the Needswings kit? I have a LM21 kit on my blue coupe but I run a smaller S/C pulley on that one, everything is stock on the black roadster.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:09 AM
Forum Regular
Received 198 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightRyder_77
well today I replaced the crank shaft sensor , the Map sensor , replaced head light bulbs , cleaned my XF and vacuumed it. Filled the tank with some premium as always, and fixed the back hatch trim with new hardware. Now its all sealed up. And I took her first nice long ride.

Was gonna post pic not working 😕
XF 04 6spd 159000 miles
didn’t you steal this at $2,100 ??.....a smokin’ great deal ! i have a 04, same color, lower mileage by 100,000....but honestly, I can’t see the difference. On your next outing, be sure to drop by the dealer and do a few donuts in his used car lot. Most appropriate for Easter Morning where a little Faith holds a whole lot of Redemption.

Old 04-11-2020, 10:14 AM

didn’t you steal this at $2,100 ??.....a smokin’ great deal ! i have a 04, same color, lower mileage by 100,000....but honestly, I can’t see the difference. On your next outing, be sure to drop by the dealer and do a few donuts in his used car lot. Most appropriate for Easter Morning where a little Faith holds a whole lot of Redemption.
Yes I did, I been working on her each day I have off from work. I still need to swap spark plug and wires which I have. And do valve cover gaskets. But I am learning more and more about this car each day. The donuts well not to sure yet. Still trying to understand the rpms because it seems when I try to take off fast , hitting second is not to smooth...she shifts fine. Its just me 😆

Old 04-11-2020, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check to see if I'd pass emissions test for NC State inspection. I did the sticky key fix several weeks ago. I've only driven my Crossfire two or three quick trips since then. I had disconnected the battery for the sticky key fix. Looks like I need to drive a few more times. Life is good.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular

I love this thread ! And this site, which is so appropriate for Easter, featuring Hope and Redemption!! The Crossfire Forum is Flip Wilson’s “Church of the What’s Happening”. A haven for those with problems and presided over by the High Priests of Knowledge, where “ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free”.

Today, exactly as taught by the High Priests of Knowledge, I replaced my CPS. Easy Peezie it was !! I started my car....and shouted, Hallelujah!

Then I played the Hallelujah Chorus up real loud on my garage speakers. So loud it activated my spoiler which began to keep time by going up and down. And then my lights joined in, followed by my horn. One by one my neighbors came by and joined in. Everyone holding hands and circling my Crossfire.

OH, Happy Days

www.youtube.com&t=ipad][/url]
The Royal Choral Society has performed Handel's Messiah on Good Friday at the Royal Albert Hall every year since 1876. The RCS filmed their performance on 6 April 2012.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally repaired my Relay Control Module by wicking off old solder and resoldered. Wasn't too bad at all.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JSK
Did you get center caps?
The seller has found a set of the caps and I got them today for free.

Last edited by monaderio; 04-14-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:13 AM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts

Now looks like you're all set. Later,

Old 04-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts

If questions of the ultimate meaning and purpose of life are shuttered aside - the various disciplines and domains of Knowledge will be lost for the Ages. And as it is with the 4 cycle engine - and this Forum.........there’s a whole lotta stuff going on.
Fairly common by all of us, in general, to describe a 4-stroke engine as a 4-cycle. But the correct identifier is a 4-stroke engine. I am not aware of a 4-cycle engine in existence. It is just so much more acceptable & more recognizable to say 4-cycle.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:58 AM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Fairly common by all of us, in general, to describe a 4-stroke engine as a 4-cycle. But the correct identifier is a 4-stroke engine. I am not aware of a 4-cycle engine in existence. It is just so much more acceptable & more recognizable to say 4-cycle.
You mean “ ...... to say 4 stroke“ ?
I do not understand a word of it anyway.
If we cannot mention politics then religion should be banned as well.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-15-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:14 AM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by monaderio
The seller has found a set of the caps and I got them today for free.
You should read the account by UrbanE on how to repair these rather battered looking caps. He shows that you can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.
Naturally you have to be quite skilled or you will make them worse, that’s the tough part.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:32 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You should read the account by UrbanE on how to repair these rather battered looking caps. He shows that you can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.
Naturally you have to be quite skilled or you will make them worse, that’s the tough part.
Probably I'll bring the rims and the caps for refinishing to professionals. But I'm not sure yet. I'm too old and too lazy.

Last edited by monaderio; 04-15-2020 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Well, I’m up for all that. I love that word !! In ANY form..........” Stroke, strokin’ ”. Clarance Carter said it best in one of his better know ribald ballads. Strokin! Since the song was not fit for broad public consumption, Carter and his record label, a small Atlanta based outfit called Ichiban (run by Blues and Soul magazine editor John Abbey), came up with an unorthodox plan. They produced singles, but instead of marketing them to stores or radio, they placed them in jukeboxes, where bar patrons discovered the song and wore out the grooves. DJs started playing the song at weddings. Strip clubs put it in hot rotation. "Strokin'" became a minor sensation and helped Carter's Dr. C.C. album sell about 150,000 copies. Carter also became a popular live draw, with this song serving as his showstopper.

.........and if you ain’t never heard “strokin”, well.......you have never stirred. Driving down a summer highway, windows down, with the radio blaring, singing along at the top of your lungs.

and thank you dedwards for righting this wrong......and as soon as I figure out how to edit my signature, thy will be done.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?