All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 06-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Thanks Valk..

Old 06-27-2016, 01:06 AM

Just tried checking out that link now and unfortunately it comes up as an invalid link and nothing comes up

Old 06-27-2016, 06:29 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE
Just tried checking out that link now and unfortunately it comes up as an invalid link and nothing comes up

Try this one: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/869183-post27.html

Old 06-27-2016, 07:23 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 461 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE
Sorry about that but I fixed it for all to view

Old 06-27-2016, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VALK
Sorry about that but I fixed it for all to view
After reading the posts about loose trunk lid letters I checked my roadster and found one that was very loose, l finished removing it, cleaned everything up and reassembled with 3m double sided trim tape, and bada-bing! bada-boom ! All is well.😃

Old 06-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually did this on Friday:

My 2004 Coupe never felt as tight as my 2005 Roadster - I'm the original owner of the Roadster and it's been running on a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and stock shocks for a few years now, but it only has 27,000 miles on it. Ride is firm but very controlled.

The Coupe I bought used last year with 75,000 on the clock and going over certain isolated bumps it always felt like the back end wanted to step out ever so slightly. It just felt sloppy compared to the Roadster, which is just odd.

Installed a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and new KYB monotube shocks on the Coupe and the slop is gone. Ride is firm, but waaaay better controlled than before. There is a specific bump on the drive to work that always felt really harsh when I'd hit it, and it's impossible to avoid - it's under the transponder bridge on the toll road and it crosses all lanes of traffic. I'm usually flowing with traffic when I encounter it, doing about 75mph. This morning all the car did was make a thump noise as the tires contacted the spot. No little jump or skitter, nothing unsettling in the least.

Huge improvement!!

Old 06-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Eco
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange

My 2004 Coupe never felt as tight as my 2005 Roadster - I'm the original owner of the Roadster and it's been running on a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and stock shocks for a few years now, but it only has 27,000 miles on it. Ride is firm but very controlled.

The Coupe I bought used last year with 75,000 on the clock and going over certain isolated bumps it always felt like the back end wanted to step out ever so slightly. It just felt sloppy compared to the Roadster, which is just odd.

Installed a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and new KYB monotube shocks on the Coupe and the slop is gone. Ride is firm, but waaaay better controlled than before. There is a specific bump on the drive to work that always felt really harsh when I'd hit it, and it's impossible to avoid - it's under the transponder bridge on the toll road and it crosses all lanes of traffic. I'm usually flowing with traffic when I encounter it, doing about 75mph. This morning all the car did was make a thump noise as the tires contacted the spot. No little jump or skitter, nothing unsettling in the least.

Huge improvement!!
Thinking of getting a set of springs for my roadster. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Do I just get the springs and have them fitted and that's it?

I know there are threads on this but first hand info is invaluable.

Thanks

Old 06-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eco
Thinking of getting a set of springs for my roadster. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Do I just get the springs and have them fitted and that's it?

I know there are threads on this but first hand info is invaluable.

Thanks
Eibach makes two different kits for most cars - Pro Kit and Sport Kit. The Sport Kit lowers the car more than the Pro Kit and, unless you really want to slam your ride really low, I'd stick with the Pro Kit. I have them on both of my Crossfires as well as my PT Cruiser Turbo and my wife's Chevy Cobalt. On none of those cars did I ever do an alignment and the tires on all cars have always worn evenly. On my Crossfire Roadster I'm still running stock shocks, same on my wife's car. We also installed a rear sway bar on her Cobalt and paired with the lowering springs it's actually amazing how flat and neutral that car corners. And it's a lot more stable, too. Back to the Crossfire though - do it, you won't regret it. The ride is not overly harsh but it is firm. Ride height isn't so low that you scrape the top of an ant in the road, but you will need to be cautious on some driveway entries and when parking. But really, these cars are so short lengthwise that there is never a reason to pull all the way up to a parking curb, so damaging the front end of a Crossfire should never happen.

Get the Pro Kit, have them installed, and just enjoy the ride!!

Old 06-27-2016, 06:03 PM
Eco
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Eibach makes two different kits for most cars - Pro Kit and Sport Kit. The Sport Kit lowers the car more than the Pro Kit and, unless you really want to slam your ride really low, I'd stick with the Pro Kit. I have them on both of my Crossfires as well as my PT Cruiser Turbo and my wife's Chevy Cobalt. On none of those cars did I ever do an alignment and the tires on all cars have always worn evenly. On my Crossfire Roadster I'm still running stock shocks, same on my wife's car. We also installed a rear sway bar on her Cobalt and paired with the lowering springs it's actually amazing how flat and neutral that car corners. And it's a lot more stable, too. Back to the Crossfire though - do it, you won't regret it. The ride is not overly harsh but it is firm. Ride height isn't so low that you scrape the top of an ant in the road, but you will need to be cautious on some driveway entries and when parking. But really, these cars are so short lengthwise that there is never a reason to pull all the way up to a parking curb, so damaging the front end of a Crossfire should never happen.

Get the Pro Kit, have them installed, and just enjoy the ride!!
Thanks, that's all the extra encouragement I needed.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took mine to a show in Aurora Indiana today. 200 plus cars, that's usually to much competition for my much less than perfect little roadster. Came home empty handed but, I still heard a lot of positive comments about my car and the Crossfire in general. They only had Top 10 for vehicles from 2000-2016 with probably 25 or 30 vehicles in that group. Honestly with cars there today my Crossfire was not a top 10 car, still a couple of the cars they did pick left me scratching my head.

I have heard that America's love affair with the car is dying but, my personal experience tells me that is not the case. Between shows, cruise ins and cars and cpffee the numbers seem to keep growing, at least around here. At the same time the quality of the cars continue to get better and better every year.

0702161215_zpsg9xjvkqu.jpg

Last edited by xjken; 07-02-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Received 380 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by xjken
Took mine to a show in Aurora Indiana today. 200 plus cars, that's usually to much competition for my much less than perfect little roadster. Came home empty handed but, I still heard a lot of positive comments about my car and the Crossfire in general. They only had Top 10 for vehicles from 2000-2016 with probably 25 or 30 vehicles in that group. Honestly with cars there today my Crossfire was not a top 10 car, still a couple of the cars they did pick left me scratching my head.

I have heard that America's love affair with the car is dying but, my personal experience tells me that is not the case. Between shows, cruise ins and cars and cpffee the numbers seem to keep growing, at least around here. At the same time the quality of the cars continue to get better and better every year.

Nice car! A suggestion, next time you show, open the hood to vertical. I find people are more likely to gather when I did (vs not opening it fully). I have not see many cars at shows that 'go vertical', that were of OEM lineage.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I can't even remember the last time I "went vertical".
The car, yes, me - no.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Received 380 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I can't even remember the last time I "went vertical".
The car, yes, me - no.

Hehehehehehhehe, yeah, I believe I know exactly what you mean.....

Old 07-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Forum Regular

I have done the vertical hood, more so at cruise in and cars and coffee events than shows. I usually have it like in the pic until the judges have been by. The vertical hood gives them way to much light and access to engine compartment.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:51 AM

Done installing my new radiator fan and fixing the small chip on the passenger side door.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:44 AM

I pulled the factory subwoofers and trimmed the baskets to fit a set of the Pyle PLPW6D subwoofers. Ready to drop them back in and button up the interior pieces.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 PM

Cupholders? We dont need no steeenkin cupholders!<br/><br/>Cupholder delete plus entire center stack refinish complete.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Forum Regular

I decided to take a week off from shows and check in on two of the three area cars and coffee events around town. The turn out at both was kinda low, not sure why because the weather was great. Here's a pic from the second one, I decided to break up the Beemer party with a little style.

0716161107_zpsefeebipw.jpg

Old 07-16-2016, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by xjken
I decided to take a week off from shows and check in on two of the three area cars and coffee events around town. The turn out at both was kinda low, not sure why because the weather was great. Here's a pic from the second one, I decided to break up the Beemer party with a little style.

He who opens hood wider, opens hood higher. Great photo!

Old 07-17-2016, 09:17 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Huge improvement!!
So what I'm wondering is did you have to trim the rear bump stops 20 mm when you installed the Pro-Kit? I found on Tire Rack's website that this is recommended with this kit on the Crossfire.

Curious?

Last edited by dedwards0323; 07-17-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?