All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Took the front tire/wheel set off the car this morning and cleaned the inside surface of the rims. Got all the brake dust scrubbed off, cleaned down inside the spokes and removed the old adhesive from the previous balance weights. Rims were really dirty! I'll take the rear set off tomorrow morning & clean them.

Trying to take advantage of cooler morning temps (80-85F) before the afternoon scorcher starts. Been over 90+F here going on 4 weeks without any significant rainfall. We're hovering around 100F the past 3-4 days.

Later,
Finally got around to removing the rear wheels and cleaned the inside rim surfaces thoroughly this morning. Been raining here off & on for several days. Not complaining any as we've haven't had any rainfall worth getting excited about for 5-6 weeks. Now I've got all 4 corners cleaned of brake dust & old balancing weight adhesive.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

what is the fix you did for this...

1) I read that the headlight adjustment bolt can break free of the headlight assembly, and there is an easy fix. I applied the fix and I'm now good to go.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Received 380 Likes on 329 Posts

I went out to the garage and cranked up the XF until it was fully warmed up. Wish I could safely drive it but the FEKKERS at FCA will not fix the drivers side airbag (recalled). They sure can send me all kinds of 'trade-up' brochures trying to entice me to 'get rid of it' BUT they will not win! When I get tired of waiting, I'll drive it (hope I don't get hit) to the front of the dealership (in the median) and fill it with kero. A sign will explain it all, and I'll make sure the news media is present. Come the 11th, it'll be parked 4 months! I miss my crossfire driving!

Old 08-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I went out to the garage and cranked up the XF until it was fully warmed up. Wish I could safely drive it but the FEKKERS at FCA will not fix the drivers side airbag (recalled). They sure can send me all kinds of 'trade-up' brochures trying to entice me to 'get rid of it' BUT they will not win! When I get tired of waiting, I'll drive it (hope I don't get hit) to the front of the dealership (in the median) and fill it with kero. A sign will explain it all, and I'll make sure the news media is present. Come the 11th, it'll be parked 4 months! I miss my crossfire driving!
I respect your right to do as you wish in this matter, but your statements could make it harder for you to back down on the matter. I am sure that many Crossfire owners agree with you in principal but are driving theirs. I expect that the risks are minimal.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Received 380 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I respect your right to do as you wish in this matter, but your statements could make it harder for you to back down on the matter. I am sure that many Crossfire owners agree with you in principal but are driving theirs. I expect that the risks are minimal.

Thanks Dave, it is just that every time I get another 'offer' to upgrade, I get angry. Damn capitalists!

Old 08-06-2016, 06:26 AM

Thanks Dave, it is just that every time I get another 'offer' to upgrade, I get angry. Damn capitalists!
My 2007 Coupe is in this Airbag Module Recall and it is frustrating that the time required to get parts & perform the repair is taking too long (from an owner's perspective). And we don't need Takata "going under" because of this recall (which I can foresee as a possibility) which might result in never getting the Airbag Module replaced. That could end up being a "buy back" offering from FCA and I doubt they could even handle that. And keep in mind, this probably came about because Takata submitted a bid for the Crossfire airbag business that was lower than the original supplier. So Daimler-Chrysler back then did this to lower manufacturing costs & increase profits. Didn't turn out as well as originally predicted. Ya think!

But I still drive the car around town on some errands during the week & just figure the odds of having an incident that would trigger the airbag is somewhat remote. And even if the airbag did deploy, there is no certainty that the catastrophic failure will occur in my car. I didn't put new tires on it, and started getting it ready to bleed the brake hydraulics with new SS brake lines, to have it just sit in my driveway/garage. It will probably take until sometime in 2017 for FCA to get around to fixing my car.

Concerned but still driving on a limited basis.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-06-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:50 AM

Thanks Dave, it is just that every time I get ,another 'offer' to upgrade, I get angry. Damn capitalists!
It sure does not hurt to add an offer to buy another car., every now and again someone will take them up on the offer.
The auto industry has always been on the edge when it comes to ethics, shady dealers, mechanics etc. Even with more stringent laws for consumer protection most remain suspect of bending rules and regulations and they still get away with it.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Installed a new cabin air filter this morning. Only the 2nd time I've done that service since I bought the car back in OCT/2008. First time was in 2011. The filter was pretty dirty, which surprised me somewhat since I don't put that many miles on the car every year. Anyway, should be good-to-go for another 4-5 years.

I did find out that I'm not meant to contort in those positions to do this service!

Old 08-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
My 2007 Coupe is in this Airbag Module Recall and it is frustrating that the time required to get parts & perform the repair is taking too long (from an owner's perspective). And we don't need Takata "going under" because of this recall (which I can foresee as a possibility) which might result in never getting the Airbag Module replaced. That could end up being a "buy back" offering from FCA and I doubt they could even handle that. And keep in mind, this probably came about because Takata submitted a bid for the Crossfire airbag business that was lower than the original supplier. So Daimler-Chrysler back then did this to lower manufacturing costs & increase profits. Didn't turn out as well as originally predicted. Ya think!

But I still drive the car around town on some errands during the week & just figure the odds of having an incident that would trigger the airbag is somewhat remote. And even if the airbag did deploy, there is no certainty that the catastrophic failure will occur in my car. I didn't put new tires on it, and started getting it ready to bleed the brake hydraulics with new SS brake lines, to have it just sit in my driveway/garage. It will probably take until sometime in 2017 for FCA to get around to fixing my car.

Concerned but still driving on a limited basis.
In June 2015, FCA announced they were using TRW Automotive to supply the recalled driver-side inflators, so no worries if Takata goes under.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by harbor
In June 2015, FCA announced they were using TRW Automotive to supply the recalled driver-side inflators, so no worries if Takata goes under.
TRW was the initial supplier of the air bags, l would have thought that Takata would have been on the hook for some form of compensation to Chrysler for the fiasco. The auto corporations are notorious for wringing blood from stone when it comes to suppliers.
If I had one of these cars I would consider buying a bag from a wreck if I could. Canadians are poorly treated in these situations, maybe not in this situation but who knows.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Forum Regular

Installed carbon fiber dipped interior door handle trim.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01043.JPG (1.80 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC01044.JPG (2.06 MB, 22 views)
Old 08-07-2016, 12:37 PM

Took the traction control off in the wet and had some fun in the srt6, boy do you have to be a bit careful as it gets really taily. Fun though.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Changed the oil and filter.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:54 PM

If I had one of these cars I would consider buying a bag from a wreck if I could.
I actually bought one from a parted out 2004 model. Only thing is the color is for the 2-tone gray interior rather than my Dark Slate Gray interior. Wondering whether I can do this DIY by disconnecting the battery negative cable (allowing sufficient time for everything to cycle), swap out the DS airbags & then reconnecting the negative cable. The actual task is relatively simple, but don't want that airbag warning light to be on. Don't remember if anyone identified whether the airbag warning light would still come on & require resetting by the dealer service dept. Think I will look around some tonight.

If so, I may go by the dealer I have confidence in here locally & talk to the Service Mgr about what I want to do. Maybe if I look forlorn because I can't drive my Crossfire without fear, he'll do it for minimal costs (labor only).And I don't want them filing a claim with FCA that the airbag module has been repaired in my car. This is only until the correct color airbag module is available. But this would get me back on the road with some confidence regarding the avoidance of a catastrophic failure with the DS airbag.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-07-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:58 PM

Found the answer I was hoping didn't exist.

Driver-Side Airbag Install Procedure (see attached)

Attached Files
Old 08-07-2016, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by csteve0355
This looks really nice!

Old 08-10-2016, 06:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed my new ZunSport lower grilles today. I've never done business with this company before, but I was very impressed. I ordered these grilles Monday evening and they arrived this afternoon - less than two days to get here, and they came all the way from England! They came with detailed picture instructions too, so installation was easy-peasy.

P.S. - Don't mind all the bugs/grime on my front bumper, I haven't washed it in a few weeks....lol.

IMG_20160810_184457_zpsawg0auju.jpg

Old 08-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by csteve0355
If you don't mind my asking, what was the cost of getting them dipped?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
If you don't mind my asking, what was the cost of getting them dipped?

The cost to sand out the pebble grain for a smooth surface and dip was $80.00 for the pair.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It sure does not hurt to add an offer to buy another car., every now and again someone will take them up on the offer.
The auto industry has always been on the edge when it comes to ethics, shady dealers, mechanics etc. Even with more stringent laws for consumer protection most remain suspect of bending rules and regulations and they still get away with it.
There's a political comment in there if we were allowed political comments..

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?