All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

AMG Club

Old 01-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: AMG Club

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
And yet you feel the need to come to the projects all the time, go back to the penthouse if that is where you want to be. I bet you don't get together for Dragon runs with any of the AMG owners, but you seem to really enjoy slumming it with us.

Also, keep in mind you have an older SLK55 NA, not a SL63 black
Ouch!.. you make it sound like he gets in the lounge.. because they need a bar tender!

Old 01-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Duh! the first one needed a friend.

Think that's code for replaced..

Old 01-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
And yet you feel the need to come to the projects all the time, go back to the penthouse if that is where you want to be. I bet you don't get together for Dragon runs with any of the AMG owners, but you seem to really enjoy slumming it with us.

Also, keep in mind you have an older SLK55 NA, not a SL63 black
I don't have black series labels on my AMG nor do I assume my car is something it's not.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

NOT the dreaded AMG bullshit again.... I love their engines....period. Don't waste your time with that crap. I passed on an AMG when I bought the E Class. Just talking to their nerd tards salesmen made me want to buy somewhere else. Bought the E off a private lot. It will never set foot in a dealership. I bet they punk everytime you mention their engine in a Chrysler...lol. Should have ground those letters off....now everyone can still see them... AMG....AMG...AMG... OH, but it is not really an AMG.....here we go again... All my Chevy days, IT was a ZO-6 Not a Corvette, but a ZO-6... I finally sold the damn thing. If ever do that again, I will just buy a Lingenfelter conversion...and really never go to a Vette meet again. I get the same feeling about AMG... Same damn body style but with a few go fast go stop quick parts...big deal. Like Brembo won't sell to us..

Old 01-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I like AMG's. I like non-AMG's. I like Crossfire's. I want my family car to be an E55 lol. I think 500 horse is way too much for my wife but I love everything about it. At the same time, I will probably always have a crossfire, I like the looks and weight. When people ask me what the crossfire is, I say "basically an early 2000's slk", because it is. I don't say "it's a mercedes!!!" I just say it pretty much might as well be...

Old 01-09-2014, 05:51 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have black series labels on my AMG nor do I assume my car is something it's not.

Yes, but by owning the AMG, you may be trying to assume YOU are something that you are really not. LOL.
You sure do come on her alot to stir up the old AMG wanna be thing.......and then throw out the fact that your the only one worthy.........

Old 01-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He owns an AMG??!

:YAWN:

Old 01-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Yes, but by owning the AMG, you may be trying to assume YOU are something that you are really not. LOL.
You sure do come on her alot to stir up the old AMG wanna be thing.......and then throw out the fact that your the only one worthy.........
I don't recall starting this thread.

Calm down Sparkie. You're going to get your blood pressure up. Go back through my post and realize a majority of my comments are tongue in cheek. I've had two SRT-6's and if I had it all to do over again I'd go the exact same route.

Last edited by Thirteendog; 01-09-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fair enough, but nor do I, I appreciate it for what I have made it into. Not really a fan of badging...

Old 01-10-2014, 08:31 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You know, I don't think anyone here is trying to pass their SRT6 for an AMG. The fact is it has an AMG power train, so there is something in common. Everyone knows AMG, but not many know what a SRT6 power train is? So the driver behind folks trying to use AMG labels or trying to participate in AMG discussions is just to highlight the fact that it's AMG inside. You know, as Crossfire owners we don't have a choice but to find parts from MB. You just don't find them under Chrysler most of the time. Think about being at a car show. This car calls attention. I might add more so than a real AMG. You have the hood open, and people ask you what engine did Chrysler put in this car? It stands to reason that you will say "this is an AMG engine".

Last edited by FP; 01-10-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Forum Regular

What's an AMG? Is it like a pocket calculator? Can it do long division?

Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandy
What's an AMG? Is it like a pocket calculator? Can it do long division?
I'm not sure if your just kidding, but if not AMG is the performance arm for Mercedes Benz.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:45 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Calm down Sparkie. You're going to get your blood pressure up. Go back through my post and realize a majority of my comments are tongue in cheek. I've had two SRT-6's and if I had it all to do over again I'd go the exact same route.

No issue with BP.......just sayin that you do have a habit of coming on here and stirring the same pot....over and over....and you do know what I'm talking about. I know what you have had, I know what you do have, we have met.

Theres alot of great people on here who love these cars for what they are, what they label them as, to each their own. No one here is better than anyone else. There are those that help others here to fix some of the problematic issues these cars may encounter and those that come on here to enjoy the friendship of their joint interest. I could give a flying **** where you fit into this mix.
Oh and all my comments are tongue in cheek.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:18 PM

Hey you guys, Nick is just playing you. He doesn't believe any of that AMG crap either he just loves to stir the pot and read your reactions. Like Doc said it has all been said before the only difference is that this time 32krazy is not here to support Nick and the somewhat interesting talk about the blow up"s had not surfaced yet. Bet Nick has the AMG blow up, wonder where the AMG sticker is hidden.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

^^^^ what he said.
Heck, Nick is probably only half way through that Glenmorangie single malt, the best is yet to come ....

Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 PM

Can you imagine STEVE sipping wine while hangin' around the ole' private lounge....comparing stock market quotes, and dividend sharing. OK, I will not talk about all the doctors, and lawyers, dentists I had to set next to telling me how much they paid, and just how fast their ZO-6's were...until I would light up the parking lot...and watch the gasp on their face that someone would do that to that wonderful car....that someone would actually spin their tires or set it sideways. All my god I have sinned for driving a sports like a sports car.... It was meant to be driven... not a stock investment...lol... I guess you can buy fast, but that don't make you fast... Besides. I didn't buy the AMG because my wife might have given me run for my money... Price was right, but the salesman sucked... His nose was stuck up a little much for me. He didn't like the XF's either...so the nail was set right there.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 PM

Benz.........

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0527.jpg (879.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 PM

I do not want to join an AMG group. I am in the Karmann group. super car builder......

Old 01-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
I'm not sure if your just kidding, but if not AMG is the performance arm for Mercedes Benz.
Sometimes, I just crack me up!

Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Price was right, but the salesman sucked... His nose was stuck up a little much for me. He didn't like the XF's either...so the nail was set right there.
I hope your going to the Spring Dragon Doc.. sounds like we would get along great! LOL.

Salesman was the whole reason we bought our travel trailer where we did.. "Just stopped in" on our way back from Texas Motor Speedway. Could have saved a 90 mile trip back to pick it up and then 90 mile drive home, as Tulsa has a travel trailer lot on every other corner. Prices were marked as low as they we're going.. he did toss in the sway control hitch.. But his "sales manner" was what got him the deal.

I actually told the owner at the Mazda dealer back when.. I'd close on the deal when I was getting my Miata.. "But you get me another salesman to finish this out!"... They did.. LOL.

Quick Reply: AMG Club