All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Dash Cam Placement?

Old 06-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Cam Placement?

I bought a dash cam that runs when the car is on to capture any stupidity that could happen. Mostly other drivers I am referring to, but if I screw up I want to be able to see what went wrong as well.

Do any of you currently use one, and if so where do you have it mounted? Mine is a "Black Box G1W-X". I have it mounted in front and below the rear view mirror and direct wired into one of the fuses next the RCM. I am wanting to mount it between the seats or on top of the bulk head, has anyone seen a mount for this area or have any ideas? I know they make one for the S2000s, but I have not found one for the Crossfire. I would prefer not to damage the interior trim if at all possible.

A few reasons I would like to accomplish this: I won't have to worry about it baking in the sun at work, it would not be as visible, and I could leave it mounted and functioning for any track events. My local tracks and the solo-autocross events all require any "loose" objects removed.

Thanks for your input!

Old 06-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: Dash Cam Placement?

The Russians all mount theirs on the windshield. It is probably the best place and you'll just have to remove it when you park. I'm thinking of getting one, but it is already crowded with a radar detector and a Garmin.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Dash Cam Placement?

Originally Posted by RyanB
I bought a dash cam that runs when the car is on to capture any stupidity that could happen. Mostly other drivers I am referring to, but if I screw up I want to be able to see what went wrong as well.

Do any of you currently use one, and if so where do you have it mounted? Mine is a "Black Box G1W-X". I have it mounted in front and below the rear view mirror and direct wired into one of the fuses next the RCM. I am wanting to mount it between the seats or on top of the bulk head, has anyone seen a mount for this area or have any ideas? I know they make one for the S2000s, but I have not found one for the Crossfire. I would prefer not to damage the interior trim if at all possible.

A few reasons I would like to accomplish this: I won't have to worry about it baking in the sun at work, it would not be as visible, and I could leave it mounted and functioning for any track events. My local tracks and the solo-autocross events all require any "loose" objects removed.

Thanks for your input!
Mine sits entirely behind the mirror as it uses a 3m sticky pad instead of that large suction attachment gizmo like my Garmin uses. Being behind the mirror it is hard to see as it looks like the mirror back.
Anywhere else and you will see less of the road which is what you want to see.