All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Crossifires of Maryland Fall Foliage Covered Bridge Tour -JOIN US

Old 10-14-2015, 12:47 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crossifires of Maryland Fall Foliage Covered Bridge Tour -JOIN US

THE LONG TERM FORECAST LOOKS GOOD! Let's hope it holds. It says "Brilliant Sunshine" and 70 degrees. The leaves should be at peak!

This should be a fun and beautiful Cruise!!! If interested, please PM me. Open to all cars!

Final Plans:

Date: Saturday October 24th

For those coming from the East: I will be at the Mount Airy McDonalds just off Interstate 70 Westbound and Route 27 at 9:15 am The Address is 1706 Ridgeside Dr, Mt Airy, MD. We'll depart from there at 9:30. Please confirm if you plan to meet me there.
A second pick up point would be the Crusaders Sport Bar Parking Lot at 10am. This is just off route 15 N ( 7800 Biggs Ford Rd, Frederick, MD 21701). We'll depart from there at 10 and begin the cruise. Please let me know if you plan to meet there.The first Bridge is only a short ride north.

I have attached an overview map (the one I sent last week) and a pdf of the breakdown in directions for the various legs of the cruise. I've included a summary of the destinations below as well.

We currently have 8 cars going. About 4 -6 more cars are tentative. JOIN US!
Not Yet Responded: Pat, James, Terrence

General Route Plans / Destinations
1. Utica Covered Bridge - and Take pictures
2. Loys Station Covered Bridge - Take Pictures
3. Cruise Up into Catoctin Mountain - Run a loop through there. We can pick a stop or two if people would like to (Nice Drive)
4. Cruise to Catoctin Market / Candy Land and / or Catoctin Mountain Orchard - We can do both or one or the other. They are very close together. One is old fashioned Candy store and the other you can get apples, produce, etc.
5. Stop for Lunch just down the street at the Shamrock Inn - It's been there for 50 years - so it has to be pretty good. I've eaten there about 4 times and love it. Some of the best chowder I've ever had.
6. After Lunch, Cruise to the Rocky Road Covered Bridge for Pictures
7. Final stop at the Detour Vineyard. Nice little winery. Good wines.
8 . Depart from Winery and everyone heads home.

This entire loop is 38 miles. I expect from our first stop we'd run through this with departure from the winery around 3 -3:30 pm depending how long we hang for lunch and our other brief stop overs.

Attached Files
Old 07-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crossifires of Maryland Fall Foliage Covered Bridge Tour -JOIN US

Originally Posted by PNA
THE LONG TERM FORECAST LOOKS GOOD! Let's hope it holds. It says "Brilliant Sunshine" and 70 degrees. The leaves should be at peak!

This should be a fun and beautiful Cruise!!! If interested, please PM me. Open to all cars!

Final Plans:

Date: Saturday October 24th

For those coming from the East: I will be at the Mount Airy McDonalds just off Interstate 70 Westbound and Route 27 at 9:15 am The Address is 1706 Ridgeside Dr, Mt Airy, MD. We'll depart from there at 9:30. Please confirm if you plan to meet me there.
Looks like you hid that sentence by making it white font.