All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Promoting the Community

Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Promoting the Community

I don't think I announced it here, but here is an idea that I stole from the Colorado bunch (one of them was at CAA6 and gave me his card - his was more artsy and creative - I took the easy way out and used actual photos for my 'artwork'). I got 250 of these today from VISTAPRINT, shipped to me for $34 in less than a week (tho they only guarantee 14 day delivery).

I think it's cool to have some to put on cars when you see Crossfires sitting somewhere. At the March 5 GTG in Gainesville, GA I will be distributing them to those who want them - 13.6 cents each, what I paid for them. VISTAPRINT's website makes it pretty easy, took me about an hour to figure out how to make all the doo-dads on their site work to get the text to stand out. Top is front, bottom is back. They look even better than this pic from their website implies.

It was quite the balancing act - what do you put on them? How much text is TOO much text? I made up my mind that I'd let the PICTURES say more than the text. THey came with a 20% discount coupon - the next 250 will have different pictures - I guess.

I cannot say enough about VISTAPRINT - I tried Staples, but their software would not let me make the entire card a photo, they emphasized conventional business card design too much.

VISTAPRINT's site software took me an hour or so to FINALLY figure out - but the end product looks even better than these "Proofs". The big thing is to provide them with HIGH RES photos. Tho top photo is a $7 "Killboy" photo from the Dragon (fall of 2015, with Thorn behind me) and was 10 megs. The bottom photo (again, from the Dragon meet - fall 2014) is of minimal resolution for this application, but in actual size, even the bottom photo looks very good.

Their software warns you if your resolution is not adequate. Click here: vistaprint.com

Last edited by pizzaguy; 02-19-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Administrator
Default Re: Promoting the Community

My next batch will not say "Crossfires in the South" but "Chrysler Crossfire Owners" - these are for when I'm in the southeast USA - the next bunch will be for when I'm on business trips outside of the "Warm and Sunny South".

Old 02-19-2016, 09:38 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
My next batch will not say "Crossfires in the South" but "Chrysler Crossfire Owners" - these are for when I'm in the southeast USA - the next bunch will be for when I'm on business trips outside of the "Warm and Sunny South".
So you support dealers as well?
That will go down well.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onehundred80
So you support dealers as well?
That will go down well.
My logic was to "speak" to those who have had AWFUL experiences with dealers - my version of "dealer support assistance" is to tell them that DEALER SUPPORT is NON-EXISTENT and that they should NEVER take the car to a dealer unless they need TPMS or SKREEM programming. I just could not spell it all out so I tried to think of a way to "say it with very few words".

Old 02-19-2016, 01:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My logic was to "speak" to those who have had AWFUL experiences with dealers - my version of "dealer support assistance" is to tell them that DEALER SUPPORT is NON-EXISTENT and that they should NEVER take the car to a dealer unless they need TPMS or SKREEM programming. I just could not spell it all out so I tried to think of a way to "say it with very few words".
Perhaps just "Support Assistance"? I agree; that "Dealer" is a bad word.
Great idea with the cards Mark.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about more info on the Gainesville, Ga March 5 GTG ?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Ok, well - we are meeting at Tricia's house:

PRE-DRAGON TECH DAY
(Not sure that link will work for non-facebook users or those not on "Crossfires in the South" on Facebook)

Sat 9 AM ·

We will be eating around noon - it's potluck. Probably break up around 2-3pm.
Call Tricia or check into the thread on "Crossfires in the South" to see what she needs food-wise - but it sounds like we'll have the usual over-abundance of food.

Altho billed as a "tech day", standing around talking about the cars is fine, too.

Tricia's phone number (cleverly encrypted to confuse those 'bots):
I do not think you should be giving out addresses or phone numbers here or anywhere on line.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-19-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Well, it's posted on Facebook - but still, I'm going to delete that and PM it to them!

Old 02-20-2016, 01:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pizzaguy, I love the cards. The pictures came out great, good color, clarity's enhanced, and perfect subject matter. Maybe one small change ;
"Support Assistance, without the dealer!"

Old 02-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Administrator

I have so little room for text, but I do like it STeve. These 250 will go fast enough - I'lll see if I can squeeze it into the never version!

Old 02-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Good job. I do business cards and my checks with vistaprint. I had business cards for the crossfire as well. But the photos tell the story. Nice job again.