All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Engine swap questions

Old 03-19-2016, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap questions

I have had this car for a few years and have always planned on putting an AMG engine in it, I've just been waititing so I could get over 100k miles which I recently have. So my first question is if I put a 6.3 AMG in (which seems to fit from what I've read) should the cost still be around 10k even if I bought a used crate one since I would like to go through it and put all new coils and gaskets and upgrade the TB first. i was also wondering what would I need to change if I were to put in an AMG v-12. I haven't seen that done before and obviously a major suspension overhaul would be needed brakes ECT. I try to do all of the work on my cars myself so I'm not sure how much shops would charge and who would be able to do it. From what ive read the guy who did a few of the V8 swaps is no longer doing them. I live in the DC area also. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-20-2016, 01:13 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Engine swap questions

Originally Posted by Germany13
From what ive read the guy who did a few of the V8 swaps is no longer doing them. I live in the DC area also. Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure that our member Rudy has stopped taking on these V8 conversion projects
Read through this fairly recent thread linked below and try to make contact with
Rudy Compart of Accelerated Industries
He lives near Chicago Illinois and is a friend of mine and I know of the V8's he has done
He isn't online here as often anymore but ya might try to send him a private message
His screen name here is
rcompart

click >> V8 Crossfire

And >>
Drop in a Supercharged AMG V8!

Last edited by Valk; 03-20-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:09 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

I have had this car for a few years and have always planned on putting an AMG engine in it, I've just been waititing so I could get over 100k miles which I recently have. So my first question is if I put a 6.3 AMG in (which seems to fit from what I've read) should the cost still be around 10k even if I bought a used crate one since I would like to go through it and put all new coils and gaskets and upgrade the TB first. i was also wondering what would I need to change if I were to put in an AMG v-12. I haven't seen that done before and obviously a major suspension overhaul would be needed brakes ECT. I try to do all of the work on my cars myself so I'm not sure how much shops would charge and who would be able to do it. From what ive read the guy who did a few of the V8 swaps is no longer doing them. I live in the DC area also. Thanks in advance!
well your cost is off a little or should i say a lot. the 6.3 low miles is going to cost $10,000. and a crate V8 is $30,000. you see to make this work, you need the engine,transmission,and wiring harness. at a cost at around $10,000 you need the parts to make it fit,, it does not just drop in (exaamle you need two different part numbers for the motor mounts, and three different part of the oil pan. plus labor,,

yes the v12 will fit ,the cost is way up to do it, you see it is not just the engine fitting,, it the computer marring with the car, yes WE CAN DO IT in 2016 we now have the software! if you want a 5.5 supercharged V8 with less than 60,000 miles, a new rebuilt transmission installed in your car. pm me Rudy and I can do it,,( Rudy has a new baby due in late May,,, not pushing you but if we do a v8 it has to start by April. new baby- no work on cars.NO lol.
pm me and either Rudy or I will get back to you within 24 hours. jim

Last edited by amx1397; 03-20-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by VALK
I'm not sure that our member Rudy has stopped taking on these V8 conversion projects
Read through this fairly recent thread linked below and try to make contact with
Rudy Compart of Accelerated Industries
He lives near Chicago Illinois and is a friend of mine and I know of the V8's he has done
He isn't online here as often anymore but ya might try to send him a private message
His screen name here is
rcompart

click >> V8 Crossfire

And >>
Drop in a Supercharged AMG V8!
thanks Valk, your info is great, and yes Rudy is still doing the swap, with my help, in fact ,we have all the parts to do one right now before May. (baby time) we also have one 3.46 differential ready to install. jim

Old 03-20-2016, 01:32 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You do have another option.. and I don't think his schedule is limited..

https://www.facebook.com/MercedesSwapShop/