All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

When did you buy your Crossfire

Old 02-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Re: When did you buy your Crossfire

Just bought a 2007 silver/blue roadster 6 spd with 27k from a dealership in Manchester, Mo. No divorce yet but she's pissed

Old 02-14-2018, 02:42 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

you guys are married to the wrong type woman,, when i saw a ctsv on tv and said i wanted to buy one my wife said sell the crossfire(V6 at that time),sell the camry and go get the ctsv,,, i said nope i had rather get a V8 put in the crossfire,, she then said call Rudy and get it done. owning 397 two seater AMX's i guess she knew when it comes to cars , i am going to get what i want with her blessing,,, happy valentines day to everyone. jim

Old 02-14-2018, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my Aero blue coupe in Sept. 2017, spent the first week at the shop getting a new master cyl. and front brakes. I drove it till nap time Nov. 4, it is now hibernating till April. When we return to Michigan. So i have used it for a month. This all started because I wanted to replace my 85 Stang Conv. With an 02 Tbird. My daughter found one in northern Michigan for $6000, should have known better they sell for 20k she said it was a blue coupe. They didn't make a Tbird coupe but we wanted to go up and visit anyway, maybe it had the optional porthole top on. Well it wasn't Bird, I am now the proud owner of a XFire and love it.

Last edited by hnikesch; 02-14-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:46 PM
Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts

Hey I told my wife what I wanted, she said go ahead and get it but she's still pissed !

Old 02-15-2018, 06:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

All you new comers to the Crossfire world?? Bought mine in July 2005 brand new Still have the car and my same wife of 62 years. Life is getting better. Lorne

Old 02-15-2018, 07:36 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by lorne
All you new comers to the Crossfire world?? Bought mine in July 2005 brand new Still have the car and my same wife of 62 years. Life is getting better. Lorne
I got my first one new in October 2005, 50 kilometre on the odometer, in 2011 I had to have an SRT and that came with 19,500 miles on it. Same wife for 48 plus years, time flies.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:08 PM

I bought mine in 2003. Took delivery on the fist day the were released. Don't remember the date. Didn't have any choice as to color or other aspects.initially cars were allocated to dealers based on sales the year prior. Mine got 2. Paid List Price. ( A lot of money - could get 2 for that price a year after).Serial number was 1180. I got it a Silver Blue 4 Speed. I drove it home ans put it in the Garage. I didn't not want a 4 Speed and did not like all the shifting at all. After some research I found a White (Alabaster) automatic at a dealer in Clear water. It was a used car, only had 109 miles on it. Apparently it was used for a photo shoot and traded in. I paid $1000 and my car. It was trucked to Tamps. Serial Number was #980. Keep it until 2011 0r 12 cant remember. Have arthritis in my hip so I got to the point I could not get in or out of the car without a lot of effort. Only had 11,000 miles on it when I sold it. My granddaughter is still made at me as I had promised her I would give it to her when she turned 17. Shes 16(2017) now and not sure if she has forgiven me. I know I miss it even now. Do a search you might find some photos on it on this site. I was a charter Member back in 2003. Love that Crossfire still think it the most beautiful production car ever made. Still have the original paperwork and luggage (still in the Box). Kinda funny, I never got the luggage with the first one. but did get it for the second.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:27 PM

Still have the Luggage, Bola Exhaust, and an extra set of wheels. There is a story behind the Bola also. I bought it on E-bay. The seller claimed he found it in a trash can. I don't know if that's true. There is a magazine with a photo of the Borla Exhaust on a Black Crossfire. i cant say for sure, but the rear hanger is bent a little to the side, just like in the cover photo. Still have that issue of the magazine and the Bola Cat Back Exhaust. Probably clean out my "spare parts someday and sell it.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Re: When did you buy your Crossfire

I drove the first Crossfire to come to Montana. I really liked it, but the seating was a little tight for me. In 2010 I drove another one and decided I could fit. Spent a year shopping and found a red 6-speed coupe with 5700 miles on it. Soon after I learned about the SRT-6 and spent 2 years shopping for one. Sold the red coupe to the mayor with 8900 miles on it and purchased a SSB SRT-6 coupe with 5300 miles. My SRT-6 now has 10,900 miles on it. It makes me happy every time I drive it. Actually, every time I look at it!

Old 02-21-2018, 03:54 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Thus the Permagrin

Old 02-22-2018, 10:20 AM

I purchased my 2007 Limited Roadster new from Spring Chrysler in Houston Texas (now AutoNation Chrysler) over 10 years ago. The dealer made me an offer I couldn't refused. The window sticker was $42K. I drove it out of there with taxes, title, license and doc fees all included for a drive out price of $28K with $0 down. I think the actual sale price minus taxes and fees was around $25K. I love the styling of the car, but in all honesty I really hate the way it drives. It is one of the slowest, if not the slowest, cars I have ever owned, jittery uncomfortable ride, and can't handle for $@%* if its life depended on it. But I do like the styling, hence I have kept it until now, even though I usually drive my other fun cars a lot more.

Last edited by Hangman; 02-22-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:30 PM

It's not a luxury car, it is a sports car. One of the worst riding cars I ever owned was a Porsche 911 because of the firm suspension.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:47 PM

Yes, it’s a sports car, but the ride, it’s bad in the sense of how a sports car should not be. My ’17 Vette and my ‘14 911 is stiff, but has a much better ride. For some reason the Crossfire’s ride is just jittery and makes it feel like there’s really no control of the car. Kinda feel like the car can just at any moment ver to the left or right for no apparent reason. Not a very confidence inspiring ride when it comes to control and handling. Hard to explain but to me it’s just not a car I would trust driving fast while carving a canyon road, unlike my Vette and 911 where they just make you feel so confident up to much higher limits.

Last edited by Hangman; 02-22-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:20 AM

What tires are you running?

Old 03-10-2018, 03:30 PM

Tires can have a major effect on ride and handling!

Old 03-11-2018, 11:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Re: When did you buy your Crossfire

Originally Posted by Hangman
Yes, it’s a sports car, but the ride, it’s bad in the sense of how a sports car should not be. My ’17 Vette and my ‘14 911 is stiff, but has a much better ride. For some reason the Crossfire’s ride is just jittery and makes it feel like there’s really no control of the car. Kinda feel like the car can just at any moment ver to the left or right for no apparent reason. Not a very confidence inspiring ride when it comes to control and handling. Hard to explain but to me it’s just not a car I would trust driving fast while carving a canyon road, unlike my Vette and 911 where they just make you feel so confident up to much higher limits.
Steering stabilizer???

Old 04-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my first crossfire in June 2005. It had 100 miles on it. It now has 402,114. I purchased my second crossfire one month ago. 2006 roadster with 110,000 miles on it. I'm not worried about miles. Take care of your car yourself and you might just get 1 million miles.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased my 2007 Limited Roadster new from Spring Chrysler in Houston Texas (now AutoNation Chrysler) over 10 years ago. The dealer made me an offer I couldn't refused. The window sticker was $42K. I drove it out of there with taxes, title, license and doc fees all included for a drive out price of $28K with $0 down. I think the actual sale price minus taxes and fees was around $25K. I love the styling of the car, but in all honesty I really hate the way it drives. It is one of the slowest, if not the slowest, cars I have ever owned, jittery uncomfortable ride, and can't handle for $@%* if its life depended on it. But I do like the styling, hence I have kept it until now, even though I usually drive my other fun cars a lot more.

You better get under it and check out the suspension. Mine has 400,000 miles without a rear sway bar and not lowered and it rides like its on rails. Corner a pretty deep curve at 70 mph daily.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Well you certainly were talked into buying something you ended up hating, you could not have driven it too far on a test ride.
Sell it and buy something decent, I will admit it cannot match my old lady’s ‘15 Hyundai Sonata on a grocery run, that Crossfire trunk sucks.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-18-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

You need to bring it to the fall dragon event and let Nick drive the dragon with you as a passenger

Quick Reply: When did you buy your Crossfire