All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Remote would not open door car would not start

Old 04-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Remote would not open door car would not start

Okay I've read through several threads on this , but doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. I drove my car , everything was normal. Came back a couple hours later, pushed the remote nothing. Unlocked driver door with key, alarm went off. Got in the car , attempted to start it, nothing. Engine did not turn over , dash lights up. Removed fuse 9 alarm goes off. Disconnect battery for several minutes, reconnect. Remote still doesn't work . Open door with key, no alarm. Put key in ignition, car starts. Drive home. Light on tow switch blinking red the whole time. Get home, turn off car. Put fuse 9 back in. Remote works as normal. Can lock and unlock car and start car. Obviously the alarm and anti theft system was activated and I couldn't shut it off, so the car wouldn't start. I thought when you open the car door with the key that it turns off the alarm system ? I checked the remote batteries and they're good. Car battery seems good ,12.6v ,as well as ground. Alternator putting out 14.2 v .I'm a little confused where to start trouble shooting. Is this the Skreem, the remote receiver in dome light assembly, or just a fluke?

Old 07-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Remote would not open door car would not start

Check your battery ground wire.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it might be all you need to solve the problem.i would also check the FOB batteries also. i recently had an issue where one of the batteries was stone cold dead and the other held a full charge. results, the FOB wouldn't work and had to be reprogrammed (a simple task)once i changed the batteries. since you set off the alarm,i would think that you would need to clear that and if the FOB is inoperable,you are out of luck. it's certainly easy to check battery voltage with a meter to see if they need to be replaced. BTW, my situation, both of the original batteries were installed at the same time, brand new less than a year ago.if in fact batteries need replacing, after installing them, insert you key in the ignition, press either one of the buttons (lock, unlock) twice quickly,, and turn the key to the on/start position within 30 seconds (don't start the engine) thats it

Old 07-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

The OP posted in the beginning of April, I guess they have solved the problem by now or it was just a fluke. They should have reported back instead of leaving the question hanging.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The OP posted in the beginning of April, I guess they have solved the problem by now or it was just a fluke. They should have reported back instead of leaving the question hanging.

follow-up would certainly be appreciated. might help someone else in the future.