All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Seat

Old 05-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seat

Good Evening,
Anyone out there have a problem with the seat (drivers) being very uncomfortable? It hits me right in the middle of my back and after just a few miles is almost unbearable. I would HATE to go on a long trip. Thanks for any input.
Bill T.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts
Default Re: Seat

I owned two limiteds, never liked those damn seats. I had a back pillow I carried.

THEN, I ended up with an SE (the SE is a base model, cloth, manual seats) - and WOW am I happier. I didnt need power seats or seat heaters, I live in the south. Also, the Base seats sit lower, which is good cause I'm tall from the waist up.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:16 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I owned two limiteds, never liked those damn seats. I had a back pillow I carried.

THEN, I ended up with an SE (the SE is a base model, cloth, manual seats) - and WOW am I happier. I didnt need power seats or seat heaters, I live in the south. Also, the Base seats sit lower, which is good cause I'm tall from the waist up.
Thank you. What kind of pillow was it? I have to do something. Hurts way too much.
And mine is a 04 Limited coupe.
Bill T.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Can’t remember where I found it, it’s a small square pillow like the “throw pillows” used on a couch. I used it to support the small of my back.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Forum Regular

Thank you. I have been looking. I will find something eventually.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

I owned two...........
which is good cause I'm tall from the waist up.
Is tall from the waist up the same as short from the waist down?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, and in no way related to thick from the skull in.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I am somewhat the same build & wound up buying a seat from a junker, removing the covers (not hard) and reshaping the foam for a wider derriere and increased seat angle (if I can't recline at least 30 degrees, my back hurts.

Can even use some spray glue to add lumbar support. The once you replace the cover you have a seat that looks stock but can be driven for hours.

Can get even more drastic if you have a coupe. I think they were designed for elves.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:53 PM

My son and I drove non stop from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto, Canada in my SRT with the stock suspension. The first think we purchased on the journey was a pillow to support the back and then a truckers cushion for our sore butts. When I got home I thought I would never stand tall again.
The suspension now has Konis set to the softest setting. The pillow still gets used on longer trips.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a shame , you go for a nice ride , only to find, you cant get erect anymore. Is this what DRs call erectile dysfunction...

If i didn't say it ,somebody else would...lol
​​​​​

Old 06-04-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Jr
Its a shame , you go for a nice ride , only to find, you cant get erect anymore. Is this what DRs call erectile dysfunction...

If i didn't say it ,somebody else would...lol
​​​​​
It is similar to ‘limp’ mode.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6' tall...185lbs.
Purchased coupe almost four years ago and took it on two 500 mile trips. On the second trip my right **** cheek was so sore that I twisted both knees to the door while traveling down the interstate so as to put the weight on the left cheek. Since, I find that the only comfortable location for my left leg is either straight to the firewall or lifting my knee and placing my left foot nearer the seat and leaning towards the door. Any other position and the left bolster digs into my thigh. I rarely take it on round-trips over 100 miles (which does help keep the miles low). Tried a cushion but that raises my head to the roof. I have only owned one other sports car, a 1977 BMW 630csi and did not experience this discomfort.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by spoiler
6' tall...185lbs.
Purchased coupe almost four years ago and took it on two 500 mile trips. On the second trip my right **** cheek was so sore that I twisted both knees to the door while traveling down the interstate so as to put the weight on the left cheek. Since, I find that the only comfortable location for my left leg is either straight to the firewall or lifting my knee and placing my left foot nearer the seat and leaning towards the door. Any other position and the left bolster digs into my thigh. I rarely take it on round-trips over 100 miles (which does help keep the miles low). Tried a cushion but that raises my head to the roof. I have only owned one other sports car, a 1977 BMW 630csi and did not experience this discomfort.
Hi, I found this cushion works well for me.
Amazon Amazon
It's not too thick and it doesn't slide around. I am 6' tall as well. I have a limited roadster.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by maggy55
Hi, I found this cushion works well for me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's not too thick and it doesn't slide around. I am 6' tall as well. I have a limited roadster.
I use this thicker one for long trips :
Amazon Amazon

Old 02-26-2019, 01:54 PM

The black one looks as thick as mine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Cushion...S!-1:rk:9:pf:0

Maggy55, what caused you to use a pad? It looks very nice.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The black one looks as thick as mine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gel-Cushion...S!-1:rk:9:pf:0

Maggy55, what caused you to use a pad? It looks very nice.
Seat was just too hard for long rides.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:16 AM

Not sure if it was the hardness of the seat that made my **** sore on the long trips but I do know that within just miles on short trips that my left leg starts to bother me.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure if it was the hardness of the seat that made my **** sore on the long trips but I do know that within just miles on short trips that my left leg starts to bother me.
I agree...the seats in my 2005 convertible limited are not comfortable. I believe this is the cushion that my son gave me from amazon...but mine has more mesh on the top...so double-check size, etc.
cushion cushion

I also like and use this McKenzie lumbar cushion. I use it all the time:
Lumbar cushion Lumbar cushion

I've also tried a kayak cushion. It's small and firm but seems to help. I place a towel under it to make sure the plastic grabbers don't scratch/dent the leather:
Kayak seat cushion

I switch around the different seat cushions whenever my rear-sensors alert me.....

Old 02-27-2019, 11:16 AM
Administrator

The limited seats are horrible. PERIOD.

I owned two limiteds, then I bought the SE (base model, cloth seats) and have been comfortable ever since.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The limited seats are horrible. PERIOD.

I owned two limiteds, then I bought the SE (base model, cloth seats) and have been comfortable ever since.
what do you think is so horrible about them ? I own 1 and i think its great, as far as cloth seats i wouldnt own any car with cloth seats

Quick Reply: Seat