All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Interested in a Crossfire, seeking advice.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in a Crossfire, seeking advice.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I recently came across a posting for someone selling a 2008 crossfire coupe with 46,700 miles on it for around 9k. I began researching the car and have since become fascinated with it but I'm still unsure if this is the right car for me. It would mostly be used for commuting to and from my college campus which is about 25 miles from our house and maybe other trips here and there. Would you guys say this is a good second car for a college going student (first one met an unfortunate end as a result of an allnighter during the last week of classes)? My parents will be helping out with buying and maintaining the car and thereby want something more practical so I was wondering if perhaps y'all had any advice for as long term owners of the car. I've read lots of good things and a few bad things about the car so I have no doubt about the quality of the drive. But how usable is it as a daily driver?

On a side note, I've attached the link for the posting for the car. I spoke to the seller and he doesn't seem to be wanting to go below 9k for this car. Does this sound like a good deal or could I do better?
Link to the posting for the car: https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...594191034.html

Old 06-16-2018, 07:15 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Interested in a Crossfire, seeking advice.

I'd say for a 50K mile NA coupe, you should be looking in the 6500 - 7500 $ range, the model year really does not matter that much.
As to a daily driver, we have one guy on the forum that commutes in Atlanta and has 400,000 + miles on his.
( for an open road commute, you will find the cruise control to be excellent ! )
1. keep the oil changed with Mobil1 0/40 and Mann filter at most 7000 miles.
2. keep proper pressure in tires and alignment checked once a year ( you can find places that give you a lifetime warranty )
3. change ALL fluids every other year ( except A/C )
4. don't try to go more than 4 years on a battery.
5. carry a spare RCM and CPS and tools to replace the CPS.
6. keep it clean, nothing uglier than a dirty Crossfire

Old 06-16-2018, 08:20 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by tupurl
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I recently came across a posting for someone selling a 2008 crossfire coupe with 46,700 miles on it for around 9k. I began researching the car and have since become fascinated with it but I'm still unsure if this is the right car for me. It would mostly be used for commuting to and from my college campus which is about 25 miles from our house and maybe other trips here and there. Would you guys say this is a good second car for a college going student (first one met an unfortunate end as a result of an allnighter during the last week of classes)? My parents will be helping out with buying and maintaining the car and thereby want something more practical so I was wondering if perhaps y'all had any advice for as long term owners of the car. I've read lots of good things and a few bad things about the car so I have no doubt about the quality of the drive. But how usable is it as a daily driver?

On a side note, I've attached the link for the posting for the car. I spoke to the seller and he doesn't seem to be wanting to go below 9k for this car. Does this sound like a good deal or could I do better?
Link to the posting for the car: https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...594191034.html
Here are some tips.
CLICK

Old 06-16-2018, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased my 07 base model coupe with 13.5K on the clock for $8500 from a DEALER. Yup, the guy is asking to much in my opinion. Beyond that, I really dont think this is a car for you. Limited interior space, parts availability, and insurance can conspire against you. Dont get me wrong, I love the car, and I am on my second one, but using it in a college environment and hauling crap back and forth from home can be a bit challenging. Get a beater for college, and save up so you can buy a nice one after you get your degree.

Originally Posted by tupurl
Hi guys,

Last edited by speed; 06-16-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: more thoughts....