All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Shout-out to Needswings

Old 07-03-2023, 08:31 AM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Shout-out to Needswings

I received my Dual Cold Air Intake in Red about a week ago and 10 days after ordering. Rob sends you a PDF with instructions and they are clear and easy to follow. The quality of the pipes and the fitment is simply stunning. Everything seems to fit down to a mm and as if it was made for this car from the factory.

It's all plug and play and no existing parts need to be damaged and it would be easy to revert back to OEM.
Now, for members who are new, Needswings is probably the best and most honest company I have ever dealt with in regards to car parts.
Rob the owner isn't only super nice but also willing to help with any questions before and after the purchase. He gets right back to you and the advice he is able to offer is invaluable as he knows these cars inside and out.
If you are purchasing tuning parts or just need replacement parts for our cars Needswings is the right address. I'd rather support Rob than send my money elsewhere.

All in all another great experience dealing with Needswings. Now as for the DCAI...well I haven't been able to take the car out long enough but man...when you hit the throttle that supercharger whine is absolutely amazing. The car feels more "beefy" and responsive even in the low rev band. I can't wait to take it out on the highway.

Now that I have the Pulley upgraded, Cold Air Intake added and the engine tuned, what should be next? LOL

Big thanks to Rob at Needswings for the stellar product and customer support!!

​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
M60A3Driver (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 09:01 AM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: Shout-out to Needswings

good stuff, glad we could help!

M60A3Driver (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 09:47 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

I fully agree that Rob and www.Needswings.com
is a great source of info and parts here for all Crossfire owners
I bought his "Single Cold Air Intake" (CAI) back around 2009 when he first developed it for the Crossfire.
Over the many years since then I have gotten several other parts from him as well.
I'm fortunate to see him each year at our annual Crossfire event in Michigan

Woodward Dream Cruise - Royal Oak, Michigan - August 18, 19 2023

Last edited by Valk; 07-03-2023 at 11:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Valk:
GraphiteGhost (07-03-2023), M60A3Driver (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Valk
I fully agree that Rob and www.Needswings.com
is a great source of info and parts here for all Crossfire owners
I bought his "Single Cold Air Intake" (CAI) back around 2009 when he first developed it for the Crossfire.
Over the many years since then I have gotten several other parts from him as well.
I'm fortunate to see him each year at our annual Crossfire event in Michigan

Woodward Dream Cruise - Royal Oak, Michigan - August 18, 19 2023

Can never believe how clean your engine bay is!! Beautiful!

GraphiteGhost (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 04:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed rob is a good dude. Next would be his ported/polished manifolds and belt wrap kit as well as ic isolation kit. I also recently bought a tcu tune from MKUltra. Haven’t had a chance to install and test yet so I’ll check back in about that in the next week or two

Old 07-03-2023, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by gblack32
Agreed rob is a good dude. Next would be his ported/polished manifolds and belt wrap kit as well as ic isolation kit. I also recently bought a tcu tune from MKUltra. Haven’t had a chance to install and test yet so I’ll check back in about that in the next week or two
Very interesting. You have a SRT-6 right? I know Troy makes great TCU tubes for the M113K platform. I didn't know if he tailors then towards our transmission. I know the M113K tranny is the same as in the Crossfire but the gear ratios are different and I was never able to get a straight forward answer whether he can make them work well in our cars.
Did you get the 4-mode TCU tune? Can't wait to hear your opinion. Also, will upgraded solenoids be required?

I currently have the 4-mode Tieken (Mercedes Swap Shop) tune and absolutely love it but always wanted to compare it to Troy's MKUltra configuration.

Definitely keep us posted on how that goes.

Old 07-03-2023, 06:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Very interesting. You have a SRT-6 right? I know Troy makes great TCU tubes for the M113K platform. I didn't know if he tailors then towards our transmission. I know the M113K tranny is the same as in the Crossfire but the gear ratios are different and I was never able to get a straight forward answer whether he can make them work well in our cars.
Did you get the 4-mode TCU tune? Can't wait to hear your opinion. Also, will upgraded solenoids be required?

I currently have the 4-mode Tieken (Mercedes Swap Shop) tune and absolutely love it but always wanted to compare it to Troy's MKUltra configuration.

Definitely keep us posted on how that goes.
yes srt.

i emailed him after not seeing the option on his website and he said he can tune any Mercedes transmission he just needed me to specify my model and the vin. Didn’t say anything about needing blue tops. I’m not sure about the different modes but I know his other mercedes tunes had them I will have to get in contact with him about it. Car is home from the shop assuming I can get my a/c working this week I should be able to give you my thoughts fairly quickly

Old 07-03-2023, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by gblack32
yes srt.

i emailed him after not seeing the option on his website and he said he can tune any Mercedes transmission he just needed me to specify my model and the vin. Didn’t say anything about needing blue tops. I’m not sure about the different modes but I know his other mercedes tunes had them I will have to get in contact with him about it. Car is home from the shop assuming I can get my a/c working this week I should be able to give you my thoughts fairly quickly

Going to be very interesting. Looking forward to your thoughts. The TCU tunes are a very cool subject. There is a guy who goes by Rand_Ash on YouTube. He built his own TCU from scratch with much more powerful processors than the stock Siemens TCU. The benefit is that he can literally use this open source TCU on just about any vehicle not just limited to the 722.6 tranny.
I have been following his work for a while. He has a telegram group where testers use his custom TCU in numerous different Mercedes models (there is one or two crossfires there also) and he releases tweaked software regularly. His TCU is not perfect yet but I was very very impressed by the shift times and the capabilities of his product.
I can't wait to see where he takes it. The guy is a genius and very very capable plus he is a good dude who genuinely cares to make this project work and perfect the TCU of these vehicles and beyond. ​FOr anyone who's intrigued, watch his YouTube videos and check out his website. ULTIMATE NAG52 TCU

gblack32 (07-03-2023)