All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Wipers Not Working

Old 06-21-2023, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wipers Not Working

Hey everybody,

Just bought an 04 Crossfire. Everything seems good with it except for a couple small things.

The brights aren't working (I'm thinking fuses just haven't checked yet) and, the more pressing issue, the wipers aren't moving.

The switch arm and relay seem to work as the pump is working. However, the wipers don't respond at all when I attempt to activate them. I checked the wiper motor fuse and it seems to be fine so I'm thinking they are seized.

What does everyone think? Is it the motors? Can a newbie replace the motors at home?

Also, anything else I should get checked out specifically?

Old 06-21-2023, 03:25 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Wipers Not Working

Hi JD,
It's probably your multifunction switch in the steering column. I just replaced mine - my brights haven't been working for years, but after the replacement they work fine. The multifunction switch also controls the wipers - mine worked fine. You have to get to remove the lower console panel to get to the connector. From there you probably could use a jump to check if the wiper motors actually work. The multifunction switch can be DIY refurbished for the brights issue, but I have never seen the wiper switch refurbished. Hope that helps,
Sincerely
-Jerry
PS. there are plenty of youtube videos showing how to replace the multifunction switch..

Old 06-21-2023, 07:20 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: Wipers Not Working

Originally Posted by Jdgentry6

The switch arm and relay seem to work as the pump is working.
Making an assumption like that is why so many can't fix their own stuff. The assumption you just made is wrong, the pump working is not proof that the switch is OK.

With the wipers set for fast, and the engine idling, what is the voltage at the Body Control MOdule connector C3 pin 65?

Above 12 volts: Switch is OK.
Less than about a volt: Switch is the problem.

If the switch is OK, it can be the motor fuse (Fuse 20 in 2005s), the Body Control Module, the motor or the park switch in the motor.

Take a look in the wiring chapter of the service manual, the design is pretty simple.