All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Transponder chip

Old 12-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Transponder chip

Gentlemen - I need to replace the transponder chip in my key fob (don't ask). There are three lines of numbers on my chip, and they are PCF 7930AS on the top line, VARM 20 02 on the second line, and dno 4072 on the bottom line.

There are replacement chips listed under Chrysler transponder chips and Chrysler Crossfire transponder chips, on ebay. Most of them are from Chine (where else?) but there are some from a place in California. All of these have the top line number PCF 7930AS, as mine does, but the second line on these are VDKP 50 05, and the bottom line of dno 7492. The second and bottom line are different from mine.

Since these are the only Crossfire transponder chips listed, does any one know if they are interchangeable with the chip I have? There are a lot of transponder chips listed with the number PCF 7936AS but since these are totally different I'm assuming they won't work even though they are listed for Chrysler and Mercedez. In fact, all of the Mercedez transponder chips I've found are the PCF 7936AS number.

If anyone has any information about these chips and if they will interchange with mine, please let me know. I'm not worried about locking the car, I just want to be able to start the car. This would be for a spare setup. By the way, my primary key locks and unlocks the car and starts the car, so there is no other electrical issue.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Jim Holian
jpmlholian@aol.com

Old 12-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Transponder chip

[QUOTE=Jim Holian;916290]If anyone has any information about these chips and if they will interchange with mine, please let me know. I'm not worried about locking the car, I just want to be able to start the car. This would be for a spare setup. By the way, my primary key locks and unlocks the car and starts the car, so there is no other electrical issue./QUOTE]

Jim - The chips are the VIN coded components of the key fobs. That's the internal part that we are paying $600+ for the key fobs. Otherwise, replacement key fobs (with a chip) are cheap on eBay.
Until someone can break the code and develop a means of rewriting or cloning the chip's coding, we're stuck.
BTW, the chip MUST match the SKREEM to start a Crossfire.

Cheers,

Old 12-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Transponder chip

[QUOTE=Chooch;916293]
Originally Posted by Jim Holian
If anyone has any information about these chips and if they will interchange with mine, please let me know. I'm not worried about locking the car, I just want to be able to start the car. This would be for a spare setup. By the way, my primary key locks and unlocks the car and starts the car, so there is no other electrical issue./QUOTE]

Jim - The chips are the VIN coded components of the key fobs. That's the internal part that we are paying $600+ for the key fobs. Otherwise, replacement key fobs (with a chip) are cheap on eBay.
Until someone can break the code and develop a means of rewriting or cloning the chip's coding, we're stuck.
BTW, the chip MUST match the SKREEM to start a Crossfire.

Cheers,
Maybe if you did as CL770 says in his post #9 in RED DOGS post ‘Let’s discuss ......’ you would get the correct chip and clone your existing one for less than $100.