All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Seat Removal

Old 05-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Seat Removal

I have looked for a thread detailing seat removal with no luck as well as the service manual. Does anyone have a thread link for seat removal they can post here please? I dropped a set of house keys into the seats console crack and am totally unable to retrieve them without either removing the passenger seat, or, loosening up the floor mount bolt a little. Thanks in advance..,

Old 05-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Seat Removal

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
I have looked for a thread detailing seat removal with no luck as well as the service manual. Does anyone have a thread link for seat removal they can post here please? I dropped a set of house keys into the seats console crack and am totally unable to retrieve them without either removing the passenger seat, or, loosening up the floor mount bolt a little. Thanks in advance..,
i seem to remember a thread on replacing the passenger seat rail (tracks) with a 6 way power set up from the appropriate MB slk32. obviously that requires seat removal, lol.it might be what you are looking for.

Old 05-10-2019, 01:58 PM

i seem to remember a thread on replacing the passenger seat rail (tracks) with a 8 way power set up from the appropriate MB slk32. obviously that requires seat removal, lol. it might be what you are looking for. loh. look here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...enger-seat.htm

Old 05-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I got it , thanks. I had to remove the 4 seat bolts and lift the seat to get under it. The keys ended up just above the seat tracks which luckily didnt get into the teeth of the track while it was moving. Usually the seat doesn't move, some days it does, others it doesn't..today was lucky. Now to go vacuum under the seat and remount it....Thanks again.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:16 PM

glad to help. can't let a fellow floridian go wanting, lol

Old 05-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you tried a telescoping magnet ????

Old 05-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

I dropped a screwdriver down that gap while putting my radio in, I got it out using the tool that is flexible, and has a magnet and claws operated by the button plunger at the end. Easy peasy.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:28 PM

I got it , thanks. I had to remove the 4 seat bolts and lift the seat to get under it. The keys ended up just above the seat tracks which luckily didnt get into the teeth of the track while it was moving. Usually the seat doesn't move, some days it does, others it doesn't..today was lucky. Now to go vacuum under the seat and remount it....Thanks again.
Had same issue with the seat moving only once in a while. It ended up being the seat relay under dash. I re-soldered the relay, but that did not help. I did not have a new relay (had to order) and did not want to put everything back together and then take apart later.
Looking at the wiring diagrams I realized the I can use regular Bosch relay (which I had plenty) - the only downside is - seat will not move with the door open and key OFF, only with ignition switch in ACC/RUN. I just plugged the relay in and decided not to buy original relay.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Old 01-29-2021, 11:11 AM
Received 134 Likes on 111 Posts

Seats aren't hard to remove disconnect neg battery terminal, seats are a little heavy, use the procedure here in the how to articles. I have used "Resolve Carpet Cleaner" works great and leaves the car with a pleasant smell .

Old 01-29-2021, 12:38 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

This string is from 5/10/2019.