General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Mute button just about worn out.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mute button just about worn out.

.....and no, it's not political!
It's being worn out by possibly the worst commercial ever created.....
All you football fans know it by now......
It's a ricer.......
Toyota & the now infamous "Saved by Zero"!
And, what's even more horrible; the sale (or, more correctly, the 'opportunity'), which was due to end on Nov. 3rd, has been evidently extended to Dec. 1st!
One more month of trying to get to the mute button as soon as possible before I want to remove my ears for my own sanity. I'll listen to every Obama/McCain/Local Politico ad & get annoyed but to hear the same badly-rendered cover of the Fixx tune leaves me wanting to go into fits, like the Hollywood gossip babe with the Lloyds of London insured legs; Mary Hart.
Of course, she has a legitimate epilepsy problem, not a fair comparison, I guess.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mute button just about worn out.

Originally Posted by Kurts
It's a ricer.......
And, what's even more horrible; the sale (or, more correctly, the 'opportunity'), which was due to end on Nov. 3rd, has been evidently extended to Dec. 1st!
One more month of trying to get to the mute button as soon as possible before I want to remove my ears for my own sanity. I'll listen to every Obama/McCain/Local Politico ad & get annoyed but to hear the same badly-rendered cover of the Fixx tune leaves me wanting to go into fits, like the Hollywood gossip babe with the Lloyds of London insured legs; Mary Hart.
Of course, she has a legitimate epilepsy problem, not a fair comparison, I guess.
Just another good reason not to sit and watch football. I've never seen that commercial. Thanks for the heads up Kurts.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurts
It's a ricer.......
Me too. Did you notice that each model shown is stretched (Photoshopped)? AND the "Sport" versions?

I really dislike that commercial.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, if they air it ONCE during a game, they air it fifty times. I can't stand it LOL my mute button is destroyed as well