General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Need financial advice

Old 11-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need financial advice

ok so here is my story. i bought an 05 crossfire about 2 weeks ago. after taxes and fees and the BS it came to a lil over 19 grand. i just recently received orders to germany and will be leaving in 6 months.
i still have yet to pay the down payment on the car because the gave me till the 21st of nov. was just wondering if there is anything i could do to return the car as it will be silly for me to keep it or try and sell it in 6 months if there is any way of reversing what i did. i heard that there is a 30 day grace period but i can't seem to get a hold of the financial advisor at the dealership. he won't return my phone calls, yet doesn't have a problem calling me regarding other circumstances. anyone help a military guy out?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need financial advice

Originally Posted by supermant11
ok so here is my story. i bought an 05 crossfire about 2 weeks ago. after taxes and fees and the BS it came to a lil over 19 grand. i just recently received orders to germany and will be leaving in 6 months.
i still have yet to pay the down payment on the car because the gave me till the 21st of nov. was just wondering if there is anything i could do to return the car as it will be silly for me to keep it or try and sell it in 6 months if there is any way of reversing what i did. i heard that there is a 30 day grace period but i can't seem to get a hold of the financial advisor at the dealership. he won't return my phone calls, yet doesn't have a problem calling me regarding other circumstances. anyone help a military guy out?
Take it to the Autobahn, and take videos. That's my advice. I think your situation will be determined by your state laws.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:54 PM

I'd try talking to the dealer and see if you can work something out with them... you never know, they may be kind and take it back.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supermant11
i just recently received orders to germany and will be leaving in 6 months.
Seriously, take that baby to Ramstein or Spangeldahlem or wherever you are being stationed.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t1631.html

By the way if there is a 30 day grace period then stop making phone calls and get your butt down there, hooah. You gotta shake legs soldier!!

Last edited by sonoronos; 11-05-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Good luck trying to get the dealer to take it back. Especially if you bought it in a military town!
Store it in an enclosed storage facility and let the Army pay for it. They still do that don't they?
Check with your chain of command maybe they can help persuade the dealer to take it back.
Good luck on this.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 AM

Nurburgring!

Or get your state representative and senator's office on the phone and explain your situation. They've probably taken campaign contributions from the dealer and will be sensetive about having negative publicity appear in the local paper.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have worked in auto financing for many years. If you want to play hardball you need to find out if your loan has been funded yet. Just because you signed the contract doesn't mean the dealership has been paid for the car. Call the bank - tell them circumstances will keep you from being able to pay for the vehicle - they will send the contract back to the dealer. Also call the dealer and tell them that you will not be paying the $1K down - because it is listed on the contract they can't go whining to the bank (banks HATE post dated checks for down payments). In this ugly lending market there isn't a dealer in the world that wants to **** off their banks. Oh and a 30 day trial period is an urban legend in most places - kind of like lemon law on used cars - doesn't exist.

Hope this helps!