Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Front Axle Making a Weird Noise.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Axle Making a Weird Noise.

Hello everyone,

So i purchased a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire, limited with 65k miles about 2-3 months ago. So far the car is great and since it's my first car (im 17) I am doing my best to not wreck it (knock on wood) and keep it forever . Overall i paid (my mom) 9k for it at a chrysler dealer and i got free oil changes for life, maintenance program, and i get alot of stuff covered. But as of now, my front axle or turning radias is making like the noise, its really hard to explain. Like when i go to make turns it makes like this noise or creek sound. It's starting to frustrate me and I really dont know what it can be. I also need new brakes, ones that dont leave lots of brake dust.

So I've said a mouthful but thats really all i have to complain about. Hopefully it shouldn't be a major problem.

Anyways with respect,
Josh

05' Aerio Blue Crossfire
All Stock (For Now)

Last edited by JoshnoSRT6; 02-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Received 418 Likes on 357 Posts
Default Re: Front Axle Making a Weird Noise.

Good luck with your toy! One of the best brake pad sets are the Centric ceramics. I got mine real good price at autopartswarehouse.com. Free shipping on orders over 50, and if you search coupon codes in yahoo you'll get an additional discount. The XF pad sets are (front 105.07400) and (rear 105.07790). Those guys were the best price I found (and I looked). I have a writeup in the brakes forum, check it out! Just make sure you don't put one of the pads in backwards like I tried to do (LMAO). Hope it all goes well! BTW, read the entire post, the guys confirmed all you need to do for replacing the rears is slide out that pin and slip em out/in. I had a VERY SMALL amount of dust for a day or two but nothing since. I didn't use the goo, they already have shims and I have NO SQUEALING.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The creeking noise may be the Ball joints. On my last MOT test it stated that there was freeplay in them and they may need changing.

Very occasionally it makes a little creeking noise|

Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

It could be rubber bushings. There are a ton of them in the suspension. Every year I pull the wheels and clean/wax the rims, front and back. Before I remount them, I liberally douse the bushings with a silicone spray (not WD40). It tends to reduce the rubber on metal squeaking...or creaking.

Edit: I guess the forum does not like the term douse-bag because it would not let me use the real verb. LOL