New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

looking at a 2005 crossfire limited in blue

Old 07-11-2014, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool looking at a 2005 crossfire limited in blue

hello people,
My name is Travis and this is my second post. I have recently become really interested in buying a 2005 crossfire limited in blue. i found my beautiful new car last night and since then, i have spent considerable time researching these cars. so far most of what i see is positive, apart from the haters.

I have found a car at a sonic automotive dealership. they pride themselves on the whole true price and refuse to haggle and all that.

I found my future car. literally moments after they put her online, she's a couple hours away from me and they say they have barely begun the inspection process which i can believe because they only have an OEM factory photo up.

i have read the carfax. I am ready to make this commitment. I want to know if anyone has experience with getting a better price from these people who claim not to haggle

Old 07-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: looking at a 2005 crossfire limited in blue

It would help if you let us know what is on the carfax (if anything), if it is a roadster or coupe, what the mileaae is, whether it is a manual transmission or an automatic, and whether the asking price is reasonable or not - how much are they asking?

Old 07-11-2014, 07:44 AM
xme

You'll probably have to haggle on something other than sticker price. Trade-in value, financing... But I'd try to get something like a warranty added, free service (a couple oil changes?), a new set of tires, or a professional detail if you're less than thrilled with the price. Worst they can say is no.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:14 PM

CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2005 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE LTD the carfax... its a coupe. limited 2005 crossfire they are offering 7991 its an automatic. any other information that can help? i am gonna have it thoroughly inspected by an independent mechanic as always.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 PM
xme

Check for rust behind the seals on the bottom of both doors.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:00 PM

If you are willing to spend a little more, I bet you can find a car with half that mileage and no accidents on record. I would pass.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Forum Regular

its a coupe. limited 2005 crossfire they are offering 7991 its an automatic. any other information that can help? i am gonna have it thoroughly inspected by an independent mechanic as always.
Check Autotrader and Cars.com for similar vehicles. Do a search on the forum to find out what to look for when buying. Find out the extent of the collision damage as reported on the carfax report.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM

I know. I've looked on auto trader... I've looked on truecar too... I'm not doing completely cash I need a little finance for this... I found a few cars there's a good deal private party with under 70k on it but none of them are close by they are several hundred miles away.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as it has been properly repaired, I wouldn't shy away from a car that has been in an accident. My car has actually had 2 very minor accidents, both of which were easy repairs and did nothing to impact the mechanical aspect of the car. I purchased mine basically because it was the most reasonably priced option within a decent distance from me. I also bought it sight unseen, flew in, looked it over and drove it 8 hours home. That was almost 3 years ago and I don't regret anything about it.
If the car passes a mechanical inspection by a good mechanic, and you like it, go for it. There are a few minor things here and there that you will have to do to it for piece of mind (resolder RCM, replace/carry spare CPS, etc.) but other than that they are great cars that will last a looooong time if taken care of properly. If its been ridden super hard and put away wet and never cared for, you might look elsewhere.
My car had 67K on it when I bought it, its now well past 83K and hasn't even had so much as a hiccup. I have replaced the battery, brakes, tires, resoldered the RCM and changed its oil when required. That is pretty much it aside from a few mods here and there because I wanted to.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

"No haggle"? Let the car sit on the lot about three months and they WILL accept a reasonable offer.
They don't make the rules, you do - they run their business on the customer's money. If they don't want to be reasonable, you can find a Crossfire elsewhere - they are not THAT rare of a car.

My car has been repainted, it was apparently rear ended, I've put 67,000 miles on it and it holds alignment just fine. Do a REAL test drive - city/freeway/curves/ - a good 20 or more miles and get up to 75mph at least - if the car is screwed up, you should be able to tell. If they don't want to allow you to do this, walk away and NEVER look back.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by crossfireT
I know. I've looked on auto trader... I've looked on truecar too... I'm not doing completely cash I need a little finance for this... I found a few cars there's a good deal private party with under 70k on it but none of them are close by they are several hundred miles away.
That is a limiting factor - if you want the car you WANT, you may end up doing what I did - flew across the country, bought the car and drove it home, 2200 miles. Best vacation I've had in DECADES.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Received 585 Likes on 488 Posts

If I had the option of buying a car with or without an accident in its history I would never buy the car that has had an accident.
That accident report will hang over that car like a cloud of doom. You never really know what is hidden under the paint and bodywork repairs. As it ages the faults will probably surface and make it hard to sell or you'll have to drastically lower the price.
Walk away and fast, do not get tempted.
If my car had an accident I would hope that I would get rid of it and maybe buy another.