New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Goodbye Jeep, hello Crossfire.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye Jeep, hello Crossfire.

Well it was a long and conflicted process, but I finally made the decision to sell my 92 Renegade and get something different.

I've been shopping and test driving for weeks and ended up on either a Z3 or and SLK but I could only afford older models and so very many of them seems to have been in accidents for whatever reason.

Finally, the Crossfire appeared on my radar. It was considerably newer, so pretty and shiney, and I learned... It was a rebranded SLK! (Kinda.) Perfect!

I skimmed your forums a bit, and stared at the pictures, and tossed and turned late at night thinking about it. On Saturday I finally went to go take a test drive and instantly fell in love. Unfortunately a bit of an impulse purchase. Too late for the prepurchase inspection but I'm definitely scheduling one first thing Tuesday to get a better picture of what I've gotten into, and start a relationship with a good shop.

So now I'm the very proud owner of another unique vehicle. I'm so excited to get a chance to take it out to the Cascades for a little driving.

Very happy to get to join you all in your enthusiasm for my new toy!

-Dave
Seattle, WA

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (200.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 08-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Goodbye Jeep, hello Crossfire.

Really nice looking roadster, just like mine !
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the miles .....

Old 08-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, she looks great. What kinda mileage, auto or stick? Sorry to hear you had to sell the Jeep, I have a Cherokee and I know how much fun they are. Prepare yourself for a different kind of adrenaline rush my friend.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Lucille" as I have named her, is a 2005 Roadster Limited, with the 6-speed tranny and 121k miles on her. As far as I can tell she's been well maintained and all service to date appears to have been done at the dealership. Its history is a little weird as it seems like it bounced around between a few different dealerships a few times between it's two previous owners. I'm kind of chalking that up to the "bad reputation" and lack of product support i've seen you guys talking about, but it maybe should have been a warning sign. The post-purchase inspection should figure that out for me.

As for the Jeep... I'm happy to let her go. I never went offroad. I never did any of the custom work I had intended on doing (she was stock). The guy who's bought her was really excited and talked about all the customization he wanted to do to her, and intended on taking her to Arizona where the top would come off year round and the mountain trails are numerous.

Last edited by NoMoreJeepDave; 08-31-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Oooo shiny.
Grats on your purchase, u will love it.
Should have kept the jeep for a toy or winter
I have a 76 cj7 with loads of go fast parts as my toy

Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 517 Likes on 357 Posts

First of all Welcome to the forum
This is a great place to find out everything about your new Crossfire
Also a great place to meet other owners at local meets planned all around the country
Keep an eye on the regional forums
Northwest Forum, and the Crossfire Meets section

Ya got a beauty there

Gary

Old 08-31-2014, 11:18 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Seattle makes me think of water..... check out all the warning signs about water getting into the electronics....and enjoy your new sporty car.