New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

alarm skreem issues

Old 09-22-2014, 05:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm skreem issues

Hi all.
I have had my 53 plate crossfire for 6 months now and had been looking at them for about
2 years before purchase.
I have had nothing but a smiley face since buying the car until friday when i came
back from shopping locked the car up.
A few minutes later a knock at the door my alarm was going off.
I went out reset the alarm tried and shut all the doors but still the alarm would not re-set.
I have never heard such a noise before like it winding up and getting louder and louder.
I quickly removed fuse#9 and left my car unlocked over night.
In the meantime i started checking crossfire forums/youtube etc.
I found out it was my boot/trunk lid catch and a simple fix was insulating tape wrapped around the catch a couple of times now fixed no issues.

cheers stret53

Old 09-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: alarm skreem issues

I was hit in the rear a year ago and afterwards found that Fuse 9 was blowing everytime I turn key to acc. Replace fuse and repeat. i checked what I could, grounds, rear control box, everything and found nothing that would keep the fuse from blowing. So while no fuse, I couldn't lock the doors with my remote, only with key or unlock hatch with the dash button. Three wires go to fuse 9. One is central locking, one is security module, and I think the other is TPMS. I clipped the security wire and no more blown fuse.

It makes me think that maybe my problem is my hatch catch, being that it is probably out of alignment enough to cause the security connection to trip. hmmm, worth a look, thanks for posting.