New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New member in central PA

Old 10-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in central PA

Bought a 2005 convertible last week. Trying to ween myself off the antique/classic cars,just don't seem to have the time or desire to work on 'em anymore. Sold a '40 Buick coupe and had some money burnin' a hole in my pocket when I ran across this car. Black on black limited,a little under 47K miles. It has a few boogers but looks nice,runs good and the price seemed right so I bought it. I've put about 200 miles on the car and like it so far(the wife LOVES it so going back to the old stuff at some point may be tough) I do have a couple of questions already. 1. Does the whole console have to come out to replace the,what seems to be standard, busted cup holder? 2. Is the cooling fan(s) always that loud?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: New member in central PA

Congrats on the purchase!
Yes the whole center console up to the shifter panel has to come out.. some have "busted" up the cup holder to modify.. not my cup of tea.. the hardest part is removing the rubber grip on the parking brake.

"That loud".. is a hard reference call.. LOL.. Mine will talk to you after a good highway run and a/c going when I come to a stop to open my gates..

Old 10-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
Bought a 2005 convertible last week. Trying to ween myself off the antique/classic cars,just don't seem to have the time or desire to work on 'em anymore. Sold a '40 Buick coupe and had some money burnin' a hole in my pocket when I ran across this car. Black on black limited,a little under 47K miles. It has a few boogers but looks nice,runs good and the price seemed right so I bought it. I've put about 200 miles on the car and like it so far(the wife LOVES it so going back to the old stuff at some point may be tough) I do have a couple of questions already. 1. Does the whole console have to come out to replace the,what seems to be standard, busted cup holder? 2. Is the cooling fan(s) always that loud?

Where are you located? I am in Danville. If you want to replace the cup holder, I have one, if you want to put in the bin, I can show you how to do either of these. Let me know.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Where are you located? I am in Danville. If you want to replace the cup holder, I have one, if you want to put in the bin, I can show you how to do either of these. Let me know.
I'm in southern Clearfield county,about 1 1/2 hours from you. I'll probably just trash the cupholder and install the storage bin. Even new that cup holder looks pretty delicate at best. Thanks for the offer though.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:32 PM

I'm in southern Clearfield county,about 1 1/2 hours from you. I'll probably just trash the cupholder and install the storage bin. Even new that cup holder looks pretty delicate at best. Thanks for the offer though.

It's not really delicate but it certainly is balky. Abssolutely no one likes that damn thing. Look forward to meeting you at some car shows next year.

Old 10-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Received 553 Likes on 438 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. You & the wife will really enjoy the car.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Forum Regular

Glad to have you in the forum. I'll be surprised if the old car bug is gone forever but I'm not surprised that you love the crossfire.

Removing the console is easy once you get the rubber handle off the e brake, just heat it up and it will come off fairly easy. I just posted an alternative cup holder you might want to check out. Fairly easy to make.

Welcome,

Dave

Old 10-11-2014, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Congrats on the purchase!
Yes the whole center console up to the shifter panel has to come out.. some have "busted" up the cup holder to modify.. not my cup of tea.. the hardest part is removing the rubber grip on the parking brake.

"That loud".. is a hard reference call.. LOL.. Mine will talk to you after a good highway run and a/c going when I come to a stop to open my gates..
OK Thanks for the info.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by americanretrodave
Glad to have you in the forum. I'll be surprised if the old car bug is gone forever but I'm not surprised that you love the crossfire.

Removing the console is easy once you get the rubber handle off the e brake, just heat it up and it will come off fairly easy. I just posted an alternative cup holder you might want to check out. Fairly easy to make.

Welcome,

Dave
I expect the old car bug will return in the spring when the car shows fire up. Maybe I can ease the withdrawal if I can find some fender skirts and whitewalls for this Crossfire! LOL

Old 10-11-2014, 10:50 PM

I expect the old car bug will return in the spring when the car shows fire up. Maybe I can ease the withdrawal if I can find some fender skirts and whitewalls for this Crossfire! LOL

You'll have to hone up your metal working skills and find some white rubber paint but it can be done. I am going to my last show tomorrow, then about the 15th of Nov. into the garage for a few more projects.