New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member - I have a light out on dash - just for the odometer

Old 11-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - I have a light out on dash - just for the odometer

I'm the original owner of a 2004 Crossfire and one by one the interior lights have been burning out. Yes, for a car that's 10 years old that's normal. The thing is most of them seem to be difficult to get to in order to replace them, so I've been just living with it. Off the top of my head I can tell you a few like the console, one of the 2 map/dome lights, the ashtray, glove box and most importantly the odometer. All of the other lights on the instrument panel are fine, just the odometer light has burned out. Actually, the light in the ashtray and glove box work sometimes. Those have intermittent problems.

If anyone has advice regarding replacing the odometer light I'd really appreciate some input.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New Member - I have a light out on dash - just for the odometer

I had a couple of lights out on my '04 and I also had a key problem. When I did the key fix, I went ahead and removed the trim around the instrument panel, it was easy. Sliding the dash out, was a little tricky, you have to get it just right and it will slide out to the left without removing the steering wheel. Once it's out, it's easy to replace the lights. There is a step by step guide to the key fix that will get you started. I would go ahead and do the key fix before you have problems while I was there, but that is a personal choice.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Old 11-24-2014, 02:03 AM
Default Re: New Member - I have a light out on dash - just for the odometer

Thanks for the advise. I've been living without an odometer light for quite a while but now that I have a little information, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your input.
~Sandy AKA: Red Rocket