New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Brand New Crossfire Owner!

Old 12-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Crossfire Owner!

Hey everyone, I'm sstch2x. This forum has already proven to be a tremendous aid through my purchasing process. It helped me keep an eye out for common problems and to ensure I found a great car. Thanks for all the help! By reading through the forums, I already have a list of upgrades/mods I plan on doing in the future when I save up more money.

A little about me, I just graduated college in South Carolina and am starting my career in January. I just purchased a bluish silver 04 Crossfire with 70k miles. It has a red/black two tone interior that is gorgeous, love at first sight This is my first sports car, so I have lots to learn. I'll add pictures at some point when I get the time.

Nice to meet everyone!

Old 12-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Brand New Crossfire Owner!

Great choice and welcome to the cult. Hope you are under 5'7".

Old 12-22-2014, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Padgett
Great choice and welcome to the cult. Hope you are under 5'7".
haha actually I'm 6'1" but I have plenty of leg room and don't feel cramped at all.

I have two passengers yesterday, and put one in the back "trunk" haha good things its relatively roomy

Old 12-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Welcome to the forum
You live not to far from a place where many of us meet at every spring and fall each year.
Take a look into joining us next year in Fontana Dam, North Carolina

Click>>>>>
8th Annual SPRING 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-April 3, 4, 5 - 2015

Old 12-22-2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by VALK
Welcome to the forum
You live not to far from a place where many of us meet at every spring and fall each year.
Take a look into joining us next year in Fontana Dam, North Carolina

Click>>>>>
8th Annual SPRING 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-April 3, 4, 5 - 2015
That sounds awesome! I also ride motorcycles, and I've always wanted to ride the Dragon but haven't had the chance yet. If I can make it, I'll definitely show up this year.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by sstch2x
That sounds awesome! I also ride motorcycles, and I've always wanted to ride the Dragon but haven't had the chance yet. If I can make it, I'll definitely show up this year.
You could be in one of these photos
Grab a few beers and sit back and check out all these photos from past Dragon meets

CLICK > Photo links and view previous meets below:
Spring 2008 Tail of the Dragon meet
Fall 2008 Tail of the Dragon meet
Spring 2009 - Tail of the Dragon meet
Fall 2009 Tail of the Dragon meet
Spring 2010 - Tail of the Dragon Meet
Fall 2010 - Tail of the Dragon Meet
Spring 2011 - Tail of the Dragon meet
Fall 2011 - Tail of the Dragon meet
Spring 2012 - Tail of the Dragon met
Fall 2012 - Tail of the Dragon meet
Fall 2013 - Tail of the Dragon meet
Spring 2014 - Tail of the Dragon meet

Fall 2014 - Tail of the Dragon meet

Old 12-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!

I had mine when I graduated from college. Up till the day, I still regret getting rid of my Crossfire, so I urge you to enjoy it as much as you can, and hopefully keeping it

BTW, I'm 5'10", and I had more than enough headroom and got in comfortably in the car.

For Padgett, I think it might be a good idea to get a SLK instead.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha actually I'm 6'1" but I have plenty of leg room and don't feel cramped at all.

I have two passengers yesterday, and put one in the back "trunk" haha good things its relatively roomy

I got 2 of them in the trunk Know the feeling!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
7402df8bjw1duwzp2x6rvj.jpg (38.0 KB, 96 views)
Old 12-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Well I am 5'10" but spent a lot of time in formula cars & am most comfortable reclining so the weight of my back is on my shoulders. Same reason I mount my TVs near the ceiling.

May just be me but I could not get comfortable in a roadster but after taking a sawzall and cut off tool to the rear bulkhead of a coupe to get another 2" further back & recontouring the lower seat foam can now run from full to empty nonstop and stay comfortable.

Oh and removing the plastic dead pedal on the left allows my left leg to stretch out.

Since have been known to cover 1500 miles in 24 hours I value comfort & the occasional full stretch.

Is much easier now than in the 60's and 70's when I had to rebuild the entire bucket seat and rails to suit me.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Received 553 Likes on 438 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. And congrats on your purchase. Quite a few of us in & around the Carolinas & Georgia. Watch for posts about upcoming GTG's (Get Togethers) within our area.

Later,

Old 12-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Padgett;822339][SIZE=2]Well I am 5'10" but spent a lot of time in formula cars & am most comfortable reclining so the weight of my back is on my shoulders. Same reason I mount my TVs near the ceiling.[/SIZE
Since have been known to cover 1500 miles in 24 hours I value comfort & the occasional full stretch.

I flew in F4-J Phantoms, but never felt the need to convert my Crossfire to ejection seats. I am impressed with the 1500 miles in 24 hours as that computes to over 62 mph, not factoring in stops for gas and other necessities, or was that on a track?

Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats SSTCH2X on your recent educational achievement, (and of course your Crossfire purchase)
Just a "heads up" the Crossfire's GVW is only 450lbs. But in an emergency/opportunity such as Shibing's , it's totally understandable.
SSB with a Cedar/Slate interior is a rare sight. (Still my favorite interior color).
By the way, Here's to you:

CrossfireForum.org - +fireamx's Album: Member Galleries - Picture

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-23-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Congrats SSTCH2X on your recent educational achievement, (and of course your Crossfire purchase)
Just a "heads up" the Crossfire's GVW is only 450lbs. But in an emergency/opportunity such as Shibing's , it's totally understandable.
SSB with a Cedar/Slate interior is a rare sight. (Still my favorite interior color).
By the way, Here's to you:

CrossfireForum.org - +fireamx's Album: Member Galleries - Picture
Is that an actual scoop on your hood or is it only cosmetic? It looks awesome either way, I'd love to know where you got it. I'm guessing GVW is referring to total weight for passengers?

I was hoping for a black exterior but I fell in love with the interior, the bluish silver color is growing on me. The dilemma is whether to keep the silver trim, or make them black like others have.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is that an actual scoop on your hood or is it only cosmetic? It looks awesome either way, I'd love to know where you got it. I'm guessing GVW is referring to total weight for passengers?

I was hoping for a black exterior but I fell in love with the interior, the bluish silver color is growing on me. The dilemma is whether to keep the silver trim, or make them black like others have.

Thanks SST, glad you liked it. I had it built by a local custom fabricator "Customs Unlimited" of Hartville, Ohio. I supplied a Crossfire hood, and the hood skin from a 1970 AMX. They removed the hood strake section from the stock XF hood, and welded in the AMX scoop.
I chose to make it non-functional (unlike the one on my AMX) because it has no effect on the cars performance. I just love the way it looks.
I vote for keeping the silver trim on your car. But then I'm a big supporter of making any changes you want. As the song goes, you can't please everyone, so you might as well please yourself. Good Luck with it.
Maybe I'll see Ya on the Dragon.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

When I got mine I looked within 500 miles with no luck to find a ssb 6 spd with the red black interior, spent a couple months looking with no luck, then I found a low milage ssb 6 spd black interior 8 miles from my house, that was and still is in great shape.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome aboard, You should also consider joining the Chrysler Crossfire Owners on Facebook. We have 1500 great members there and we do all sorts of local and cross county gatherings https://www.facebook.com/groups/2211655775/