New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New XF Roadster & I'm already Modding

Old 01-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New XF Roadster & I'm already Modding

Hi All

Thought I'd introduce myself & my new XF roadster. I purchased a 2005 grey auto model with 58k on 6th Jan 15. I'm based in the UK and wanted something a little different for my daily drive. Previously I have owned numerous modified cars from Audi TT's to a convertible Roush Mustang (had to go due to fuel costs here ) The XF was a straight swap for my Lexus IS250, so I was pretty pleased.

The dealer offered a wheel respray, so I went for a graphite grey. I would welcome feedback even if it's not your cup of tea (hopefully the pic works)

I'm a trained aircraft engineer and have no hesitation playing with my cars so, so far I have:

A) Replaced the stock head unit with a JVC KD-X70BT, as it gives me back the hands free I had on the IS250 and has much more connection for modern music storage (SD card, bluetooth, USB & Aux). I used the guide on here and swapped it out within a couple of hours. (although for this stereo the switched & constant live feeds don't need flipping. I don't know if that's the same for all aftermarket stereos bought in europe)

This did show up a blown passenger (driver for you US guys) sub, but again the forum provided the info I needed to pull it out fix it and re-install.

B) Installed the 'biggest bang for your buck' stereo mod. I used 270uf caps and the sound is so much better.

C) I have a Eurocharge tune on it's way, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else it can add to the throttle response and power delivery.

D) I have most of the bits for a reversing camera install, but am waiting for a new mirror with built in display. I will post how I get on with this one.

Sorry for the long intro, but I'd just like to say again how good the forum is.

Regards
Darren

Old 01-18-2015, 05:45 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: New XF Roadster & I'm already Modding

Welcome to the forum and sounds like you have it well in hand.
Only other 'improvements' I would suggest is a NeedsWings Single CAI and a 74 MM throttle body upgrade.
O, and get you a spare Bosch CPS to keep in the boot, and make sure you have the special tool ( or an open end 10 MM wrench ) along with a 6 MM hex wrench for raising and lowering the top manually if needed.

The wheels look OK on the grey car, but personally I prefer the silver.