Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Dirty Little SSB!

Old 03-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty Little SSB!

I took my dirty little SSB to the carwash Saturday. Too lazy to do it myself. The place was packed becasue it looked like it was going to be sunny here in Huntiington Beach, CA.
When it came out of the wash cycle and the boys started wiping it down a small crowd of people gathered around it. They were pointing and grinning in admiration. That's nothing new of course. The car has been out nearly 2 full years now and it still draws plenty of attention, which brings me to my point.
The car seems to be loved by anyone who sees it yet I haven't seen another one on the road in months! I have seen one Roadster and one '05 coupe since they have been released. This is southern California! This area should be full of Crossfires. Why won't the car sell? I see BMW Roadsters everywhere and 350Zs run around here like taxi cabs. The neighboring town down the coast line is what we call New Porsche Beach. You'd think you'd see at least one Crossfire on the "parade route" every Sunday afternoon.
I don't get it.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dirty Little SSB!

I think the crossfire is one of those cars that people either love, or hate. Most of the people that hate it, don't like the back styling of the coupe.
I would think that there were a lot more out in S. CA also. You should get together with the road trip that Dan's planning. You might see a few more there, and actually get to know some of their owners . Happy motoring, and send some of that sunshine and warm breezer towards MI!

Old 03-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MI
Thanks for your reply to Dirty Little SSB. You mentioned a "Dan" was planning a run. Don't know which Dan you're referring to but I would like to get info on the event. My email is dave@mainstreetmarketiing.net
Or do you know the thread that announced the run?
Thanks!

Old 03-14-2005, 06:32 PM

That shows we all are guys that love design cars. No other car has that design as our car. We love the feeling and the look that is why we spent so much money for a car. look other guys that buy Mercedes slk or porsche boxster or 350Z all this guys buy these why everyone know how much the car cost or the image because it is a MERCEDES or PORSCHE. We buy the car not why it is a Chrysler, we buy it why we love the design and to turn heads and the funny ride! XF 4ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Thumbs up Re: Dirty Little SSB!

Originally Posted by davenhb
MI
Thanks for your reply to Dirty Little SSB. You mentioned a "Dan" was planning a run. Don't know which Dan you're referring to but I would like to get info on the event. My email is dave@mainstreetmarketiing.net
Or do you know the thread that announced the run?
Thanks!
Sure. It's Dan Root and the thread is : https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=7440

Old 03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Banned

Kinda like a Babtism of the pretty Crossfire !

Why people don't buy some are too fat or some may think it too far-out for them to own, they can only admire it! Porsche is more conservative as most others except Jags or Vettes that still look like themselves.