Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

HVAC blower issues

Old 09-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC blower issues

Before I dig into this problem this weekend (I just ran past my 36k miles mark), I thought I'd describe it here and see if anyone else has experienced this or a similar issue and has any pointers.

Initially, the blower began its failure by just not working. Whether this was the CCP switch (fan speed ****) or not, I don't know. Either way, the blower was not running. Then, several days later, it just started to run at full tilt, regardless of switch (****) position. It also continues to run when the ignition is off and the key is in my pocket.

BTW, I feel like a huge idiot when I park my $36k car and lift the hood to remove fuse #36 to turn off my HVAC blower! I almost feel like using a hammer to take it out.

Anyway, if you have had a similar experience, let me know how it was resolved before I kill my car this weekend.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HVAC blower issues

I recently had my hvac go out totally and had it at the dealership to fix it. In my case I had no air at all coming out. My problem was a bad blower motor. From what I learned when the blower is stuck on full blast it is a resistor problem. Unfortunately that is the bad news. Originally the dealer thought a resistor was my problem and it took a week for them to get the part in. I would bet that you are in need of a new resistor. The good news is once you get it, it is a simple operation to change out the old one for the new one. Hopefully it is under warrenty as I believe the resistor is fairly expensive.