Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Downloadable NAV CDs

Old 08-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Downloadable NAV CDs

Mike-in-Orange,

If you make a copy of the original onto a recordable media using the same drive as you created the ISO with, does it work? If not, then I suspect your burning drive is at fault for not making a usable copy.

If it does, then I would suspect your ISO creation software is the limitation.

Let us know... I'm going to make an ISO off of my originals instead of downloading the ones posted.

I'll put links up here when I get them done and uploaded for everyone.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that this helps PC users but, I have been able to make working copies of my original disks on my Mac using the Toast 6 Titanium program. This would indicate they are not copy protected.

If any PC user knows is any PC program can recognize a Toast Disk Image file I can make them & send them to you.

Larry Hegle
2006 Ltd. Roadster
Aero Blue

Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can burn a copy directly from one disk to a fresh CDR disk, that's not a problem. But once I copy files to my hard drive, or create an ISO image and then burn to a CDR, it doesn't work. I'm trying again using Alcohol 120% to create the ISO and, just to make absolutely certain that others will be able to use the files, I am uploading to my FTP server and then downloading and burning that image.

Again, I can make straight up copies for myself that work just fine, that is NOT the issue. I'm just struggling to help others, which was the original intent of this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Again, I can make straight up copies for myself that work just fine, that is NOT the issue. I'm just struggling to help others, which was the original intent of this thread.

Thanks for your patience.
No, thank you for your persistence.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by 62thunderbird
No, thank you for your persistence.
Agreed. I don't even have nav and cannot use these disks, but I certainly appreciate what Mike-in-Orange is doing for the forum. Thanks.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:30 PM

Mike,

What's the going rate for a set of those disks!?!?

You have a lot more patience and persistence than myself! Thanks for the hard work, hopefully you can figure it out.

SQ

Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by ShawnQ
Mike,

What's the going rate for a set of those disks!?!?

You have a lot more patience and persistence than myself! Thanks for the hard work, hopefully you can figure it out.

SQ
LOL!!! Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about the price/time situation and, well, I don't even need a set since I already have them!! At this point it's more the principle of the thing...I said I was going to make these available for those unfortunate folks who bought inventory reduction cars missing the disks, and by golly I'm gonna do it!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM

By George, I think I've done it!!

Would one of you be so kind as to download, burn and test the East Region CD from HERE and let me know if it works for you? I downloaded, burned to CD and it worked like a charm for me but I'd like independent confirmation. This is just the temporary link as I will move the file once I put the West Region CD up.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mike-in-Orange; 08-31-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular

with high speed wireless on a macbook pro it took 12 minutes to download and it works fine - anything else?

Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by V-12
with high speed wireless on a macbook pro it took 12 minutes to download and it works fine - anything else?
Hmmm...you posted 18 minutes after I did and it took 12 minutes for you to download, leaving just six minutes to burn it and test it. With some practice I'll bet you could be pretty quick with this stuff!!

Out of curiosity, what software did you burn the ISO file with? I have a Mac as well but never tried burning an ISO file with Toast, is that what you used?

I'd like to see someone else with a Windows PC test it too. Thanks for your input, V-12!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:33 PM

So I downloaded the .iso file (what is an ISO file, anyhow?) I dragged the disk image into the CDR icon on the iMac and burned it: no workee. Did I do something wrong?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by 62thunderbird
So I downloaded the .iso file (what is an ISO file, anyhow?) I dragged the disk image into the CDR icon on the iMac and burned it: no workee. Did I do something wrong?
I'll have to wait for V-12 to answer this one as I've never tried to use an ISO file on a Mac since I thought it was a Windows format.

Please keep in mind the issue has NOT been whether or not the files could be burned to a disk, but whether the resulting disk would actually work in the NAV system. Trust me, I have thrown away several successfully burned, but unworkable, disks. Funny thing is, ALL of them appear to have all the files on them.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 AM

Mike,

Thanks again for the help.

What is the best method for a PC user to extract the ISO files?

Also, is Texas on the West or East CD?

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 08-31-2007, 02:32 AM

I believe I did everything correctly, and couldn't get it to work.

I don't have a manual for my NAV system either - is there any tricks once you get the CD into the system?

I used UltraISO to extract the files from the ISO file. Then I took those files and burned them to a CD - is this the correct method?

Thanks,
SQ

Old 08-31-2007, 01:15 PM

Both disks are now uploaded in ISO format and seem to be working fine. I've downloaded both and burned using Roxio Easy CD Creator and Nero Burning ROM, each resulting in working disks. I have yet to get it to work on my Mac even though I can mount the image and burn the files to disk.

Shawn, to answer you question about extracting the files from the ISO image - you don't need to and it seems that, in fact, you should NOT do so. I have added instructions for burning the files using either Roxio or Nero on the original post in this thread. Give one of those methods a shot and let me know what you get. If you've kept the downloaded file you should not have to download again as I have not altered the files, although I did place them in a different directory.

Everyone else, if you downloaded the files prior to 8.29.07 then I would suggest you download them again. If anyone else can host these on a mirror I'd be grateful as they are fairly large files and multiple downloads eats up bandwidth!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't have a manual for my NAV system either - is there any tricks once you get the CD into the system?

Thanks,
SQ
Here's the link for the nav manual https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13875

Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Forum Regular

Please keep in mind the issue has NOT been whether or not the files could be burned to a disk, but whether the resulting disk would actually work in the NAV system ...
bu-sted! maybe, but we won't know until tuesday 'cause the x is not with us and I know it won't play in the truck
- sorry for the confusion Mike, I just took it to the download "completed" ... thinking that was the info you were seeking
- now I'm curious as well if the disk works...stay tuned

Old 08-31-2007, 11:42 PM

UPDATE: As of 8.31.2007 these seem to be working.
It would appear so! I just used Nero (had to download the dang trial version which took forever to d/l and install for some reason...?).

All is well!

Thanks for the help - I owe ya.

SQ

Last edited by ShawnQ; 08-31-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:26 AM

It would appear so! I just used Nero (had to download the dang trial version which took forever to d/l and install for some reason...?).

All is well!

Thanks for the help - I owe ya.

SQ
Hot Damn!!!! Thanks Shawn, you made my day!!! I'll be able to sleep well now, knowing I'm helping find their way around the country!!

Old 09-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Forum Regular

This is great work. Thank you so much for providing this service. I was fortunate enough to get the CDs with my car. I actually have two sets. The first set is in a blue case. The two CDs have blue labels, are marked "East" and "West," and have part number 05064142AA. The second set come in a black case, have black labels, are also marked "East" and "West," and have part number A 193 827 02 59.

My nav system doesn't recognize the blue CDs at all. The black CDs work fine. I downloaded and burned your iso's and they seem to (not) work like the blue CDs.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two sets?

Quick Reply: Downloadable NAV CDs