Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

I hate chirping alrams too. Hope they never do that to mine if it ever has to be replaced.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by woodlands1
I am probably the only one on this board that is thankful there is no chirp with my alarm system. Personally I can't stand them, so thanks for the heads-up.

If I ever need to have the part replaced I will make sure they use the "original" part.
I'm with you on this woodlands.
This has already been done anyway, what did you say BLKFIN you did it a year ago? This is old news.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted that this part would make your alarm chirp over a year ago. This has been discussed so many different times under so many different titles and yet people still ask the same question..."how do I get my alarm to chirp"? I am glad somebody brought all this attention to this topic so we can put it to rest!!!

Have a great weekend guys and gals!

Old 03-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Forum Regular

It's new to me. I am glad I saw it to be honest. I have a bad habit of leaving my car unlocked. I hate having to look at the lights blink to make sure it's locked also. So thanks for the tip for us newer XF owners.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:28 PM

What is this?
I even bought the little damper in the glove box since my base didn't came with it.
I like mine to chip but not loudly. My wife set off the Alarm and didnt know how to get it to turn off. :-) I thought it was funny she didnt.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 AM

I've ordered the new siren and a dealer will install it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip !!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM

How do you install it? Any pictures?

Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scotto97
I've ordered the new siren and a dealer will install it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip !!
Hey! Could you please let us know if the change gets you results, and if the dealer ends up making a program change to 'the Netherlands' mode to make it work? Also, the model year and type of Crossfire that you have? This type of change has seemed to work for some, and some not. So, any more feedback would be appreciated, I am sure.

If it doesn't work you may have seen my optional mod to get a tone alert for the lock/unlock. If not, here is link to that thread:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...ad.php?t=23009

Old 03-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by corfire
Hey! Could you please let us know if the change gets you results, and if the dealer ends up making a program change to 'the Netherlands' mode to make it work? Also, the model year and type of Crossfire that you have? This type of change has seemed to work for some, and some not. So, any more feedback would be appreciated, I am sure.

If it doesn't work you may have seen my optional mod to get a tone alert for the lock/unlock. If not, here is link to that thread:
I have a 2005 SRT6 Roadster. I tried The Netherlands option at 2 different dealers and saw for myself the option doesn't exist in the computer setting screens. If fact, they screwed up my car so bad they had to replace the entire instrument cluster.

I'll let you know about the new siren once it's installed this week.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by corfire

When you change the siren, it does not require ANY programming changes. It is literally plug and play. Out with the old, in with the new. That is. There is nothing more than that. It should take the dealer less than 30 minutes to change, so if they try to charge you 3 hours of labor, they are ripping you a new one.

Also, the chirp is not a horn honk or a loud chirp like an aftermarket alarm. It is a soft beep, similar to the BMW's and Lexus's, but quieter. It is really just loud enough to hear when you are nearby.

The factory service manual floating around in the forum is actually detailed enough for your average do-it-yourselfer to change.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto97
I'll let you know about the new siren once it's installed this week.
Originally Posted by BlackCrossFire6spd
When you change the siren, it does not require ANY programming changes.
I am interested in feedback from Scotto97 to confirm the results with his Crossfire.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:02 PM

It Works !!!

Just had it installed today - Three soft beeps when it arms and one soft beep when it disarms.

It is not a "chirp" (much classier). A very soft tone that sounds digital. It's not the same sound that would come from the siren when it's activated. Just enough to let you know it armed from no more than 10 feet away.

I highly recommend this mod if you're tired of looking behind you every time you lock your car.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM

I got my alarm horn today but I can't find the location. The repair book says it's under the cowling but I can't get the wiper arms off. I removed the nut and tried a battery puller but the wiper arm is really on tight and I'm not sure it's in there. Help!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:08 PM

Sound/Video clip, anyone?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
What was the size of the torx bit? Thanks
I installed mine last week, T30.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronman
I installed mine last week, T30.
Thanks for the info on the size of the torx driver, by the way did the alarm chirp work after the install?

Old 04-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Iamfink2
Thanks for the info on the size of the torx driver, by the way did the alarm chirp work after the install?
Sure no problem. Yes it did work, I actually really like it. One soft beep when unlocked and 3 soft beeps when locked. I really think it was worth it.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:00 PM

I ordered one yesterday and it supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 AM

My alarm arrived the other day and I installed it without any problems and works very well. One nice thing about using this alarm is if your door or trunk is not closed all the way it beeps only 2 times so you know somethings not closed since some people have had dead batteries due to not closing the trunk all the way at least on the roadsters. While doing my install I have found some answers to some questions that have been asked on the forum and really never answered. While having the top cowl at the wipers off you can see inside and under the cowl and one thing I found out that we do have heated sprayers for our windshield washers. Another answer to a problem is some members have posted that they have had water come in their cars at the foot well on the passenger side. After taking off the cowl you can see inside there are 4 drain compartments for water. One in the middle which has a funnel shaped drain made of plastic, one on the drivers side which drains at the drivers side door, and two on the passenger side. This is where the problem starts for water leaking inside the car. There are two compartments side by side divided by a metal wall with a rubber flap so the first one can drain the water into the second one which drains at the passenger side door. The problem is the outside one(second one) fills up with leaves, dirt and debris which in turn blocks the rubber flap not allowing the water to drain from the first one which starts to fill up water and ends up draining thru the the fan motor hole which is about 3 inches by 6 inches. So even with a little back up of water just going around turns can make the water slosh around and spill into the opening. I took a shop vac and cleaned mine out and though mine wasn't backed up it was on its way to backing up as there was about 1/2 inch of debris there. I think I will clean this area at least once a year. You guys that have garage kept xfires probably won't find much in there but if your car is kept outside I would check it at least once a year especially if your car is around trees. One xfire mod finds two answers to questions on the forum.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:48 AM

No problem with your information, I like alot of other folks appreciate it. I often find my self either leaving the car unlocked or walking back to it to make sure it's locked. I am just considering if I rather put the money in this or gas?
THANKS

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!