Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

Ok, I have NO chirp. Although my panic button very much works. On my stock window sticker (I am the second owner) it says Premium Security Alarm, but the dealer has the options features under my VIN and has no mention of this feature. But I went to the parts guy and he looked up my VIN differnetly and it indeed says Premium Security Alarm.

So I was arguing with them saying that I knew the part number of the Siren and that it is located under the cowl. They're argument was the Owners Manual has no mention of an alarm chirp (from the start). Anyhow they are taking another look at the siren and locating the alarm module if it indeed has one. I spoke to the only Crossfire qualified tech the dealer has, of whom worked on my car about it. He was cool about everything and are also replacing my liftgate latch (interior lights problem).

Any thoughts? I have a Limited and as the window sicker says (I have the original) the car is loaded. What gives? Is there any tests to see if the alarm has been disabled (which the mechanic suggested)?? Or to test its functionality??

Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drivethruecp
Ok, I have NO chirp. Although my panic button very much works. On my stock window sticker (I am the second owner) it says Premium Security Alarm, but the dealer has the options features under my VIN and has no mention of this feature. But I went to the parts guy and he looked up my VIN differnetly and it indeed says Premium Security Alarm.

So I was arguing with them saying that I knew the part number of the Siren and that it is located under the cowl. They're argument was the Owners Manual has no mention of an alarm chirp (from the start). Anyhow they are taking another look at the siren and locating the alarm module if it indeed has one. I spoke to the only Crossfire qualified tech the dealer has, of whom worked on my car about it. He was cool about everything and are also replacing my liftgate latch (interior lights problem).

Any thoughts? I have a Limited and as the window sicker says (I have the original) the car is loaded. What gives? Is there any tests to see if the alarm has been disabled (which the mechanic suggested)?? Or to test its functionality??
Wiggle your front panel that hides the tow hitch. Mine has the siren, and it chirps whenever that hook is messed with. (I assume that's the alarm, and that's why there is a tow button.)

Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Forum Regular

i had to order a speaker mine went on the fritz,
quote - referenced "cricket on crack" sound
part 5124443aa

Last edited by huudoo; 12-08-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or to test its functionality??
Arm the alarm with the passenger window down, reach inside and open the door.

Or arm it with someone inside and have them open a door from inside.

I think that should work. I have a roadster and the alarm has different features.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by huudoo
i had to order a speaker mine went on the fritz, no sound
part 5124443aa
That is the new, updated model with the chirp.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
Wiggle your front panel that hides the tow hitch. Mine has the siren, and it chirps whenever that hook is messed with. (I assume that's the alarm, and that's why there is a tow button.)
No luck.

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Arm the alarm with the passenger window down, reach inside and open the door.

Or arm it with someone inside and have them open a door from inside.

I think that should work. I have a roadster and the alarm has different features.
Yeh, this is the first thing I tried but doesn't alarm with lights or sound. Which is why I really think it is deactivated..?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 PM

No luck.

Yeh, this is the first thing I tried but doesn't alarm with lights or sound. Which is why I really think it is deactivated..?
Or broken?

Old 12-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Forum Regular

i did not need a puller , when i got the nut off ....... LOL
just moved the wiper arm back / forward they came off
dam that sounded strange almost like when i was redoing my 8mm mauser stock
i posted ordered stripper ... need blo

Last edited by huudoo; 12-12-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow,....Excellent! This forum keeps getting better and better with all this valuable information. We need to have all the how to's placed into that one thread to make it easier to look up. Thanks for letting us know about this! Now I should still be able to get mine fixed under the warranty which will expire next July.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM

So I just got my car back from service where they replaced my rear latch to fix my interior lights problem and it was also rateling. Now the alarm works!! But NO CHIRP!! : ( and the dealer provided me with all of this documentation on my factory alarm about it arming/disarming with no mention of an audiable chirp. Ugh! So I'll picked up a radioshack buzzer to install with the relay in the fuse box.

Question: if I use the fusebox relay and wire it with the siren rather than the buzzer I wonder how it'll sound... Any thoughts?

Old 12-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Forum Regular

Help!

I have the the 5124443AB as shown below
Other than internal electronics, will it fit on the car? I really don't want to take the car apart and then find out it won't work.

The photos of both the old siren and the new 512443AA show a threaded hole for a stud. The one I've attached has a stud. And, yes, I've checked under it and it is solid plastic.

Help?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SirenAlarm.jpg (113.3 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by Veloce; 12-27-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:05 PM

my panic alarm sounds exactly like a "cricket on crack" the dealer said they never seen a problem like this. i hope all it is is replacing the siren. the truth is that if anyone else has had this problem than i am glad i am not the only one..

Old 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Forum Regular

I have the the 5124443AB as shown below
Other than internal electronics, will it fit on the car? I really don't want to take the car apart and then find out it won't work.
The photos of both the old siren and the new 512443AA show a threaded hole for a stud. The one I've attached has a stud. And, yes, I've checked under it and it is solid plastic

I installed the new alarm today and it functions exactly as described...I have "chrip"

I did have to find a nut for the new siren, but otherwise it works as described! The only downside, if you want to call it that, is that the security bolt is no longer used, but I figure if a thief is getting that far into my car he/she would have a security torx set anyway.

I used a battery post puller to take off the wiper blades. Marked where they went with tape before total removal, though.

Thanks for thread.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM

just got to dealer today to fix cricket sounding panic alarm. they said they needed to order new "horn" from germany, could take 4 days till they get the part. i hope that fixes the problem, the regular horn works fine but the panic alarm sounds like it just blew, kind of like when the insides of a speaker/amp goes out....anyone have similar experiences?

Old 12-20-2009, 05:35 PM

Hello, I'm super confused,Check the part # and the "PRICE",The new one is part #5124443AA, but the replacent is part #5124443AB, as the link says ( Chrysler Parts Direct - Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep Parts and accessories ), and the price! OMG, you got a bargain.
Thanks ,I'll surf for prices!

Home Log In Your Account Catalogs Auctions Shopping Cart Order Status Contact Us About Us Policies

Select Catalog:

Search by OEM Part Number:

Multi-Part Search

Supersession Information
Part number 5124443AA was superseded by part number 5124443AB.

Collision Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
5124443AB $194.00 $0.00 $151.32
Electrical - Alarm system - Alarm horn
Alarm horn 2004 - 2008
Add to Cart Contact Us
OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
5124443AB $194.00 $0.00 $151.32

SIREN ALARM
Add to Cart Contact Us