Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

My panic button no longer works?

Old 04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My panic button no longer works?

So I've tried both of my keys -- neither of them will set the panic off. I've locked the car from the inside and opened the door.. and still nothing?

Is my alarm dead?

Do you guys have any idea how hard it is waking up at a random college hung over and having to sift through 40 rows of cars to find your baby?

:P

Old 04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My panic button no longer works?

No kidding I was just going to post this ..I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM and I don't know what happened... could this be we both have bad alarms or is this a fuse problem..??

Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM

Was this ever answered? I have the same problem.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Forum Regular

I know there is an option in the STARSCAN to disable it (I did).

Have your dealership check that setting.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 AM

It worked the first day i had the car, but for some reason it doesn't any more

Old 04-30-2008, 08:58 PM

yea same here it just stopped working all together?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Forum Regular

you have to press and hold the button.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:34 AM

^^ doesn't work

Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 PM

lol wait I have to hold like hold, hold the button?? Come on now, IT DOESNT WORK lol and it used to work lol

I was thinking the dealer dicked with it, but now there are 3 of us weird might be an actual problem.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Forum Regular

My alarm does not work with either of the panic buttons on my keys. Just received a call from the dealer that the part is coming from MB. I will let you know what the fix was since it apperars to me that the answer to what caused this was never posted.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

When they replace the siren module it will work again. I had this happen on my first crossfire. No worries.....just warranty!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Forum Regular

Well according to the dealer the following needs to be replaced to solve the inoperative panic alarm problem. 1. Security Module (replaced) 2. Control locking pump module (on order from MB -- Mar 12 or 13 expected ETA. I'll provide parts #'s when I get them.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular

Well the two parts above did not do the job and they ordered another I'll call it a bus connector (located on the drivers's side in the trunk) and it still does not work. Anybody have any ideas I can pass on? They are going to call tech support tomorrow. It has been almost three weeks. My patience is starting to run low.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk Monster
My alarm does not work with either of the panic buttons on my keys. Just received a call from the dealer that the part is coming from MB. I will let you know what the fix was since it apperars to me that the answer to what caused this was never posted.
There was a thread in the last few days about this same prob. I had it 6 months ago and the siren module replacement fixed it.

Best of luck.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks I'll pass that on.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Forum Regular

What I thought was a simple problem -- panic button not working has amazed me. I am glad it is being done under warranty. The central locking pump module in the rear right and the SKEEM and the bus in the rear left was replaced and then the fun started. The air bag light and one other light is now on.
Well they have now gone through the entire wiring harrass and that is OK. That is the good news. So Chrysler has autorized that the Boby Control Module to be replaced. When it arrives they are going to upgrade it from the default factory specs by loading the latest firmware because they found that the one in the car says their is no SKEEM. Now that is all background for the amazing part.
They ran a VIP Summary Report and showed me that the car had the same problem at at 4,300 miles and that Moore Chrysler - Jeep replaced the central looking module, and RKE, security remote start , etc. So the suggestion to replace the siren module /Siren was NOT the problem. To be continued ...

Old 03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Forum Regular

Here is the rest of the story so far to the panic button problem. It was great news to me and may help others also. Let me say I am the second owner and I bought this 2007 with 7000 miles on it. It now has 7966 miles. It was a certified used car and it had a carfax report as part of the certification. Knowing what I know now I would ask for a copy of this VIP summary to see the warranty work done in the last 24 months. I am not sure I was supposed to see this report. Some one who works at a dealership may be able to help with that information. But I have been friendly, understanding and willing to learn during the repair process and perhaps that may have helped.

However from the information on the dealers VIP Summary, I determined that this car was also eligible for a lifetime powertrain warranty with $100 deductible. When I bought the car they told me it was covered by a 7 yrs./70000 miles on the power train. I recently sent the dealer who I purchased the car from an email saying I had not receiced any notification from Chrysler or them that the transfer to me was accomplished. It has been a week and nothing.

So today after reading the summary, I paid the $970 and now have a lifetime warranty on the powertrain. Since I will keep this car till death do us part, I was more then willing to pay to have it. The moral is some of you who want this coverage may want to go to a Chrysler dealer and have them check out your car for this warranty via its VIN # and mileage. Thanks to this forum I knew to check my panic button and I now have a lifetime warranty on the power train. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm glad to hear that you found that out. I had a similar experience when I bought mine too.

Did you get your Panic button fixed?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Forum Regular

No not yet. Hope to know more by Monday or Tuesday. We are waiting on part -- Body Control Module.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:25 AM

I know this is probably not your problem but there is a TSB on the panic button on the remote itself. When I took the car in for some warranty work they asked me to bring both my remotes in so they could do the TSB on the remotes. I'm not sure what was actually done to them.

Quick Reply: My panic button no longer works?