Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Blaupunkt's St. Louis MP56 is plug 'n play

Old 03-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NEW Blaupunkt MP56 Radio /CD/MP3 For Sale W/Ipod connector

MP56 - SOLD - I know I marked one of the posts "sold" but didn't catch this one -- Sorry !

Guys,
I have a New (in the box) Blaupunkt MP56 for sale (our second Crossfire has been sold before we had a chance to installed it).
We have one in the wife's Crossfire -- truly plug and play.
We had it listed ON THE FORUM for $145.00 including shipping in the U.S. AND I FORGOT TO MENTION with the listing IT COMES WITH THE IPOD CONNECTION CABLE
PM or email taurusjds@tx.rr.com if interested

Last edited by taurusjds; 05-03-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: NEW Blaupunkt MP56 Radio /CD/MP3 For Sale W/Ipod connector

Originally Posted by taurusjds
Guys,
I have a New (in the box) Blaupunkt MP56 for sale (our second Crossfire has been sold before we had a chance to installed it).
We have one in the wife's Crossfire -- truly plug and play.
We had it listed ON THE FORUM for $145.00 including shipping in the U.S. AND I FORGOT TO MENTION with the listing IT COMES WITH THE IPOD CONNECTION CABLE
PM or email taurusjds@tx.rr.com if interested
You sell this yet?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Default Re: Blaupunkt's St. Louis MP56 is plug 'n play

do you still have the unit if so I would love to discuss purchasing.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Sorry the Blaupunkt unit was sold and didn't catch this second post to mark it sold until now !!
There have been some on e-bay from what other members have said.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by workindev
Anybody else having issues with USB/SD cards on their MP56? It seems really finicky. It will read fine, but will freeze up when moving between folders and then won't be able to read the media any more until I remove it and replace it.
No problems, here.

Make sure you're using an SD card with a capacity less than 2GB. Avoid high speed cards .

Old 05-27-2009, 11:41 PM

I can attest to the easy install-- the most difficult thing was fishing the Aux2 and USB cables into the glovebox. Aside from that, everything else was cake. Per someone's suggestion on this board I picked up the Dupli-Color DSFM236 Silver Charcoal paint at Advance Auto for the radio bezel and a rubber grommet for the wires going into the glovebox to finish off the install. Check out the pics: MP56 St Louis Install - CrossfireForum.org Gallery

One other thing-- if you remove the strap that holds the glovebox so that you get better access to the back while drilling your hole-- be careful not to push the stud the strap attaches to back into it's hole. It took me about an hour and a whole lot of messing around with the shop vac to get the damn thing back out.

Thank you for all your help!!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Forum Regular

And, the cars without the drop-down glove boxes are much more difficult to manage.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by SRTinNC
the most difficult thing was fishing the Aux2 and USB cables into the glovebox.

if you remove the strap that holds the glovebox so that you get better access to the back while drilling your hole-- be careful not to push the stud the strap attaches to back into it's hole. It took me about an hour and a whole lot of messing around with the shop vac to get the damn thing back out.

Thank you for all your help!!
ok first of all why drill..... it can be done with out drilling i feel bad for your glove box.

secondly the pin closest to the drivers side door can be puched back in via the side panal with your passenger airr bag switch.

the other one can be done by taking the box out i belive.

either way i just installed the london mp48... i am not so impressed.. i didnt look into it enough before i bought it. i want ipod controls on the headunit it self not on the i pod.

other than that i guess its allright tho.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the unit taurusjds was selling and installed it several weeks ago. Piece of cake (although I have yet to figure out how to remove the removal tools from the stock unit now that it's out of the dash!!! ). No issues with the SD card reader, and I ran the wiring for the iPod adapter under the console so it pops up next to the drivers seat. I didn't see a need to run it into the glove box since I need to be hands on with the iPod to control it. I have the Mopar iPod integration kit in my PT Cruiser with the factory head unit, and THAT controls the iPod via the HU so a glove box mount makes sense there.

My only gripe with the St. Louis is the display being very difficult to read, but that's partly due to my old eyes.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
I bought the unit taurusjds was selling and installed it several weeks ago. Piece of cake (although I have yet to figure out how to remove the removal tools from the stock unit now that it's out of the dash!!! ). No issues with the SD card reader, and I ran the wiring for the iPod adapter under the console so it pops up next to the drivers seat. I didn't see a need to run it into the glove box since I need to be hands on with the iPod to control it. I have the Mopar iPod integration kit in my PT Cruiser with the factory head unit, and THAT controls the iPod via the HU so a glove box mount makes sense there.

My only gripe with the St. Louis is the display being very difficult to read, but that's partly due to my old eyes.
i ran mine to the passenger side and into the little map net so it is hidden and it has its own little holder for the ipod

Old 05-29-2009, 01:18 PM

I installed the St. Louis into my coupe about two months ago. I also elected to forgo the Ipod hookup in favor of a USB flash drive cable (although no reason you can't do both). I also ran it down the console tunnel and out into the passenger-side stowage net. I plugged in a 16 GB flashdrive loaded with the music I like best, set it to mix all, and never listen to commercials or bad songs.

The drive is practically invisible if I turn the side that has a blinking led to the back. It's like having a dedicated Ipod in the car I don't have to bother removing when it's parked.

The St. Louis also has provision for an SD card behind the faceplate, although it won't read more than a 2 gig card. It is convenient if you want to bring some new music or something special like a downloaded book that's not on your regular flash repository.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Hmmm. I need to remove my MP56 from the dash to track down a wiring problem, but I have apparently thrown out the box that included the Blaupunkt MP56 removal tool, and the tool I bought to remove the OEM radio doesn't fit.

Does anybody have a part number of the Blaupunkt removal tool that was included with the St Louis MP56? I am not having any luck finding a replacement online.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Forum Regular

Crutchfield.com

or Radio Shack.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange

I had a little trouble figuring out how to get the removal tools removed from the stock unit after I removed it. Here's how -- there are two metal tabs that are sticking out on each side of the stock radio. Push them in, and pull out the tool. Or is it, pull them out a little more, and then pull out the tool - I can't remember now - it's been a while! Nothing to it, after you figure it out! Why don't they tell you how to do that too?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Veloce
Crutchfield.com

or Radio Shack.
Right. I just need to know which one to get. Is it a key, like this:

Universal OEM DIN Radio Removal Tools at Crutchfield.com

or is it the U shaped tools, like this:

Universal DIN Tool (Pair) For Factory Radio Removal at Crutchfield.com

or is it something else?

If anybody can either snap a picture or confirm that one of the above tools would work, I would really appreciate it.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:05 PM

Is the sound quality better. The sound quailty with the stock radio and speakers it poor. Wondering if it is the stock radio or speaker or both.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrwolt
Is the sound quality better. The sound quailty with the stock radio and speakers it poor. Wondering if it is the stock radio or speaker or both.
The sound quality is massively improved by just changing the head unit, and I suspect it will only get better still once I get around to installing a pair of Infinity speakers in the door.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:25 PM

Which Scosche anntena adapter is used with with Blaupunkt Memphis MP66 (similar to St Louis MP 56)

The VWA3B 02 BWM 5-S/VM or
Scosche Vwa-3B Bmw/Vw Antenna Adapter

VWA.pdf

Scosche Vwa -3BmwVw Antenna Adapter.pdf

Thanks

Old 04-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a good used working one of these mp56’s if anyone is interested.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sold to a forum member