Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Cheap Replacement for factory subs

Old 11-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Replacement for factory subs

Since my subs were totally shot I have been looking for a replacement that would fit and not break the bank. After many hours of searching the internet I finally found something that I thought would work out:

6-1/2" Subwoofer Speaker 299-114

I didn't expect much, as these are only single coil and rated at 4 ohms, but the price was right so I decided to give them a shot. I ordered two of them and they arrived a few days later.

I just got done installing them. They fit almost perfectly, the mounting holes lined up fine. The only thing I noticed was that the base was slighlty larger - maybe 2MM at most, but it wasn't a problem as I just tightened down the mounting screws and they went right in. No modifications necessary to the oem speaker mount at all.

I am very pleased with the quality and sound. Even being a SVC and 4 ohm they still put out more bass then the oem subs. The construction of the speaker is way better than OEM (the paper is treated and the foam surround seems to be better quality).

For the price, quality, and ease of installation you can't go wrong with these.

When I intalled these I only used one output on each side and taped up the other ones, but I think I may bridge the sub outputs and see how that works....maybe in the next week or so, when I feel like taking it apart again.