Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Car Alarm goes of at random

Old 04-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car Alarm goes of at random

My siren was sounding off in parking lots and once while driving. I could not turn it off and it just petered out. Trunk was dry and just replaced the siren under the windshield wiper. I think the problem is solved. The new siren does chirp when locking doors. I like that.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:20 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Grey Blitz
replaced the battery in the key fob. Seems to have fixed the problem
Not likely but if it works for you all is good with the world.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Not likely but if it works for you all is good with the world.

I agree, with exactly the same conclusion.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:16 PM

I've been having this exact same siren issue with my Crossfire this past week. It was less frequent at the start and only seemed to go "off" randomly, either while parked with the engine off or while driving (both when the doors were locked). But right now it's going "off" for one full cycle (about 20 seconds), stops for about 3 minutes, and then repeats for about 30 minutes.

I'd rather not leave my car unlocked overnight. Is there a way to disconnect the siren for now, yet still use the car?

From what I've read it looks like it's either bad connections in the door/lock sensors or a failing siren battery that trips the alarm when the doors are locked. Can you all think of any other culprits or solutions?

I didn't have time to take it in last week but it looks like I have no choice but to take it in tomorrow.

As a side note, I've also had the issue (in the past) where it appears the key batteries are dead, then you unlock the car with the door lock, which makes the alarm go off and you can't start the car. That issue was resolved by either tightening the leads on the battery, removing the corrosion on the battery terminals, or replacing a dying car battery.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:12 PM

We are having the same issue with our 2005 Crossfire. Is the problem the siren or the module?

Old 05-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Smile Re: Car Alarm goes of at random

We are having the same issue with our 2005 Crossfire. Is the problem the siren or the module?
Getting to the siren was pretty easy.
we will order new siren and see if that works.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:33 PM

So I took the car in today to check out the error codes. There were multiple error codes for the "security" control module (located under the mat in the trunk) and two for the siren (under the cowl near the base of the wipers). I didn't write down the specific codes though. The shop wasn't sure if it was one, both, or neither that was actually causing the problem (triggering the alarm). At first, they didn't think the siren had anything to do with the problem. But after seeing that the alarm was still "triggered" while driving, they think it could be a possibility (I don't quite follow that logic but ok).

Being that the control module part is more expensive to replace (they said $300-600), I'm electing to replace the siren first (around $150). I've seen posts on here where the siren batteries go bad and/or the circuit board is all "corroded" https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-who-knew.html

I tried ordering from parts.com, but they said the siren part number 5124443AB is on backorder. There's also the "chirping" siren (56038724AB), but I haven't tried that yet. I'm now trying to purchase 5124443AB through ChryslerPartsDirect.Com. Hopefully someone actually has the siren in stock.

Until I get the siren in, one of the questions I have is whether I can "unplug" the siren and still drive around and lock my car like normal. I've seen posts that seemed to say it's ok, but if the alarm is still being "triggered," that's only stopping the sound and not solving the problem (unless that stops the "trigger"). I also don't want the Mission Impossible "self-destruct" to happen (I need to read up more on that).

In the meantime, I'll keep searching on here for answers and trying to maintain my dignity while I drive to and from work!

If anyone has any experience with this problem and would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my case my alarm was going off while driving, everytime I parked and shut off the vehicle, etc. Once I removed the alarm I never had another problem .

Old 05-08-2015, 09:09 AM

Auburnamphi, were you able to order the siren? Where did you order it from? Was it part number 5124443AB?

I tried chryslerpartsdirect.com but they said it was on backorder as well. I'm trying http://allmoparparts.com/oemparts/5124443AB right now.

If that doesn't work out, I'll try to see if any dealerships have them in stock or I might try the Mercedes part number.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by IIII Juice IIII
Auburnamphi, were you able to order the siren? Where did you order it from? Was it part number 5124443AB?

I tried chryslerpartsdirect.com but they said it was on backorder as well. I'm trying http://allmoparparts.com/oemparts/5124443AB right now.

If that doesn't work out, I'll try to see if any dealerships have them in stock or I might try the Mercedes
part number.
Chirping alarm.

The new part has a M8-1.25 stud, the old part uses a Tamper Proof screw with a T40 Torx head. You have to supply the new nut and washer required, I made my nut from a 1/4" nut made with an oversize hex.

Mercedes part A219 820 32 26, Chrysler part 5124443AB.
Buy a Mercedes part, it will be cheaper.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-08-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you find a can't say no bargain please post up. My 04 is in need... Thinking might just go the slice dice and re-battery route.. if internals are still good. Went from working fine to one long wail one morning. Pulled the fuse to shut it up and a few days later put it back in for door locks. Now silent.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:01 PM

I tried http://allmoparparts.com/oemparts/5124443AB, but they were also on backorder for the Chrysler part number 5124443AB.

What I ended up doing was calling the local Mercedes dealer's parts department and asking if they had the siren with the Mercedes part number
A 171 820 25 26. They said that part was superseded (replaced with a newer compatible model) and had one siren in stock with the new part number A 219 820 32 26 (the exact same part onehundred80 just posted). They also had a nut for the new stud so I got that as well. Is it possible that the Chrysler places aren't aware of a new Chrysler part number for the siren?

I've yet to install the new siren in my Crossfire since I've been busy. I'm going to give it a go in about 30 minutes though. I've seen posts about installing a new siren, but from what I've seen, they've all been for replacing "working" sirens with "chirping" sirens and so you'd turn on the car to unarm the alarm. Since my alarm is apparently "armed" whether the car is on or off, I don't know if I should unplug the main battery or not.

Also, since I don't know if this is the root of the alarm problem (constant armed alarm), I may have just wasted all of that money. I'll find out haha.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by IIII Juice IIII
Is it possible that the Chrysler places aren't aware of a new Chrysler part number for the siren?
Never ever try to buy the part from a Chrysler dealer. You will get the exact same part but you will pay more for the same part with a Chrysler part number sticker over the Mercedes sticker.
They buy it from Mercedes and charge you list price plus their markup for the item.
Not a bad profit just for a label stuck on the box/bag or whatever.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:14 PM

Last night my alarm kept going on but no sound only flashers going off ? Last week I had 2 new horns fitted and no problems all week. Went for a run opened all doors windows bonnet and still went off so I sat in the car and locked it 5 minutes later flashers going off no alarm I decided to switch of the inside lights and pressed my garage door opener red plastic bit and locked the car and went in no more problems. What is happening ?

Old 07-05-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ZORRO
I unplugged my siren several years ago. Everything else still works, no codes, no alarm in the middle of the night. Took about ten minutes and cost nothing. It's not like anyone responds to the sirens anymore anyway. Other than to throw something at your car or leave you a nasty note.

Zorro
So are you saying you just removed the Electronic Alarm Module entirely and nothing bad has happened? The starts and drives just fine? If so, this is what I'm doing. I'm with ya, no one really uses these alarms... I just want the chirping to stop!

Old 07-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Coltieboy
So are you saying you just removed the Electronic Alarm Module entirely and nothing bad has happened? The starts and drives just fine? If so, this is what I'm doing. I'm with ya, no one really uses these alarms... I just want the chirping to stop!
Zoros post is from 2013, I doubt he is here any more.
He said he disconnected the siren, which is under the cowl, not the security pump module. Big diff.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-05-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:51 PM

Onehundred80 - Thank you for that clarification and pointing me in the direction to where I can find it. I will try and just remove the piece that makes the alarm sound to restore my sanity. I guess my only concern is that the alarm is still likely going to trigger randomly, but just without sound. This would still make the lights flash at random and deplete my battery.

I'd like to just remove the entire alarm unit. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? I park in a garage daily and really don't feel I need a car alarm.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Coltieboy
No, I left it in the car and just unplugged it and wrapped the plug in electrical tape. Nothing bad happened. The key fob still locked the doors and flashed the lights.

Zorro.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:41 PM

how do you unplug the alarm?

Last edited by Furgal; 09-15-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

You must remove the front cowl. There is a step by step here.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-repairs.html

Quick Reply: Car Alarm goes of at random