Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Car Alarm goes of at random

Old 09-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car Alarm goes of at random

Originally Posted by Furgal
how do you unplug the alarm?
Thanks, I will look at it!

Old 09-19-2018, 06:51 AM

I have found the Central Locking Vacuum Pump located under the foam in the trunk to be the source of my alarm problems. My alarm started doing exactly what was going on in these post. It was randomly going off, or the lights were flashing. Then top would not operate. When I would open the top, the windows would go down and then it would just "beep". I have been on here for months trying to find the solution, and believe me there is some excellent information on here. Someone posted a schematic of the tops operation and sure enough the CLVP is located within the system. I have tried bypassing the switches that must be triggered in order for the top to work to no avail. As a side note, I had a lot of water in my trunk, you will only notice moisture in the trunk but once I removed the foam in the bottom the CLVP was submerged. I removed it and used electrical contact cleaner on it (I figured it was shot so I had nothing to loose). Everything except for the top worked fine after this. I removed the plugs in the bottom of the trunk for now. My next fix is the leaking trunk, I consider myself a parts replacer and not a mechanic. I just ordered a pump from someone on this site for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:57 AM

Not having a problem with the top. Did have to replace all of the hydraulics a couple of years ago. Think my problem is that I broke off the tube for the console lock while replacing the top switch. Can't find the part anywhere.