Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Jvc Kd-lh300

Old 12-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jvc Kd-lh300

I just purchased this unit at Best Buy today. JVC KD-LH300 AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA/SIRIUS compatible. Since I didn't like the looks of the kid at Best Buy who was going to do the installation for me I walked over to Tweeter and started talking with them about installation. The guy said he hadn't done a Crossfire but had done a few MB's and said they were a real headache to work on and the MB's he did installations on required a full rewiring job.

My question is this, is there a wiring schematic for the XF that I could find on the internet that I can take to the person who's going to install the head unit for me? That was his biggest concern and I told him I'd do a little leg work and see what I could come up with. I'd appreciate any and all help that is given. In turn I'll report back about the unit as I'm sure there are still plenty of us looking to replace the stock Infinity.

Thanks, Joe

Old 12-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Jvc Kd-lh300

The adapters you need for an aftermarket head unit are:
wiring harness adapter: Scosche VW01 - http://www.sounddomain.com/item/SCOVW01B
antenna adapter: Metra 40-EU10 - http://www.dfwsbr.com/crossfire/audi...%20details.jpg , i bought it at Best Buy; but dont tell the kid there you have a Crossfire; he tried to sell me the "chrysler antenner adapter"

that'll work great for the JVC. i bought the KD-LHX500. remember to use the RCA preouts, not the speaker level outputs. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=5916

Last edited by former NXMX5; 12-12-2004 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added links
Old 12-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular

Joe:
If the wiring diagram is in the shop manuals I am supposed to get this week, I will let you know on this link.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
The adapters you need for an aftermarket head unit are:
wiring harness adapter: Scosche VW01 - http://www.sounddomain.com/item/SCOVW01B
antenna adapter: Metra 40-EU10 - http://www.dfwsbr.com/crossfire/audi...%20details.jpg , i bought it at Best Buy; but dont tell the kid there you have a Crossfire; he tried to sell me the "chrysler antenner adapter"

that'll work great for the JVC. i bought the KD-LHX500. remember to use the RCA preouts, not the speaker level outputs. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=5916
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it and report back. I see you're on Long Island, I was born there then moved to VA (as a kid) with my family in the early 70's. I'll be in Manhattan to see the band Govt Mule for two nights at the Beacon Theater Dec 30-31 then to the Island to visit my sister for a few days.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bob G
Joe:
If the wiring diagram is in the shop manuals I am supposed to get this week, I will let you know on this link.
I'd truly appreciate that Bob. Happy Holidays to all, Joe

Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 PM

My appointment is for this Saturday @ 3:00PM. I told the guy I'd be watching everything he's doing and taking pics the whole time to show others on here that may want this particular stereo how to do it and all the required parts. I'll report back later, Joe

Old 12-19-2004, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by xfireguy
I just purchased this unit at Best Buy today. JVC KD-LH300 AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA/SIRIUS compatible. Since I didn't like the looks of the kid at Best Buy who was going to do the installation for me I walked over to Tweeter and started talking with them about installation. The guy said he hadn't done a Crossfire but had done a few MB's and said they were a real headache to work on and the MB's he did installations on required a full rewiring job.
Hmmm having re-read this it gives me pause... other than needing an antenna adapter and a VW wiring harness there's nothing to swapping out the head unit. There's absolutely no trim that needs to be removed or anything. Although we are having a discussion as to the correct wiring of the speaker wires. Many of us have just used the VW wiring harness and another person has suggested switching over the wiring harness speaker wires to an RCA adapter so that they can be connected to your head units pre-amp outputs. The other topic can be found here

Originally Posted by xfireguy
My question is this, is there a wiring schematic for the XF that I could find on the internet that I can take to the person who's going to install the head unit for me? That was his biggest concern and I told him I'd do a little leg work and see what I could come up with. I'd appreciate any and all help that is given. In turn I'll report back about the unit as I'm sure there are still plenty of us looking to replace the stock Infinity.

Thanks, Joe
I'm sorry I did not post this earlier, you can download a PDF from DFWSBR's site. Click here to download the file.

Post your results, I think I read that you were having the install done yesterday.