Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Double Din Project: Disassembling question

Old 06-29-2015, 07:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Double Din Project: Disassembling question

Would one of these do it? Or, are you asking where to route the cable? The is an existing cable-route for the OEM wiring.

RCA-1950-03 RF Industries RCA JACK TO RCA JACK BULKHEAD ADAPTER W/ D-FLAT, Nickel,Gold,D

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...QWZxoChs_w_wcB

I think they both can be found in goldplated finish.

BTW_very nice work!

Last edited by maxcichon; 06-29-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Would one of these do it? Or, are you asking where to route the cable? The is an existing cable-route for the OEM wiring.

RCA-1950-03 RF Industries RCA JACK TO RCA JACK BULKHEAD ADAPTER W/ D-FLAT, Nickel,Gold,D

BPJJ04AUX Switchcraft | Mouser

I think they both can be found in goldplated finish.

BTW_very nice work!
Congratulations, it looks great and just in time for summer.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:01 AM

I have a roadster and installed mine under the trunk lid. I drilled a hole to the left of the trunk latch them routed the cable. Be careful in doing this, it's also the location for the trunk mech. I didn't take everything apart and drilled through the cam lock that controls the lock. (I was lucky enough to find a replacement on eBay for $65) I then ran it through the cable manager that houses the license plate light and spoiler power cables

PM me if you want a few images

Old 06-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UrbanE > I will send you a PM

Old 06-30-2015, 04:33 AM

At this point of the installation i was like "Well that escalated quickly"

Old 06-30-2015, 04:44 AM

The Rearview Camera in use, sorry for the music Spotify was in shuffle top 50 charts

Old 06-30-2015, 07:16 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
I have a roadster and installed mine under the trunk lid. I drilled a hole to the left of the trunk latch them routed the cable. Be careful in doing this, it's also the location for the trunk mech. I didn't take everything apart and drilled through the cam lock that controls the lock. (I was lucky enough to find a replacement on eBay for $65) I then ran it through the cable manager that houses the license plate light and spoiler power cables

PM me if you want a few images
Maybe it would be handy if you just posted the pics so that anyone who is interested in doing this could learn as well. One for all and all for one so to speak. Or should I PM you as well? Thanks.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Question Re: Double Din Project: Disassembling question

Hi,

Did you create the custom dash kit yourself or did you purchase it? If purchased, where?

Old 08-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, you guys have it going on if you can make your own dbldin bezels. Hats off to you, pretty awesome. I doubt any audio shop around here is capable, ugh. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-25-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by parism151
Hi,

Did you create the custom dash kit yourself or did you purchase it? If purchased, where?
No this i custom work, but I am working on a double din kit, check my signature

Old 08-25-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MDKEEHN13
Wow, you guys have it going on if you can make your own dbldin bezels. Hats off to you, pretty awesome. I doubt any audio shop around here is capable, ugh. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
It's a work in progress, check my signature link

I will probably have a few photo posted soon to show the progress

Old 09-07-2015, 11:28 PM

One hundred and eighty its kind of pointless to post an image of the camera Already installed. It's a black camera attached to the deck lid with all of the cables concealed. If you or anyone else would like to know how it was DOne and where the cables where routed, please feel free to ask.

I e asked many members for assistance and guidance and it's been provided. Not every question needs to be posted.

Not many are installing a backup camera or the double din so I did not want to post something of little interest.

To all that are any assistance feel free to reply and I'll post the images and the steps. I'll even post them for you too one hundred eighty

Old 09-08-2015, 09:12 AM

One hundred and eighty its kind of pointless to post an image of the camera Already installed. It's a black camera attached to the deck lid with all of the cables concealed. If you or anyone else would like to know how it was DOne and where the cables where routed, please feel free to ask.

I e asked many members for assistance and guidance and it's been provided. Not every question needs to be posted.

Not many are installing a backup camera or the double din so I did not want to post something of little interest.

To all that are any assistance feel free to reply and I'll post the images and the steps. I'll even post them for you too one hundred eighty
I personally have no interest in the camera, or the double DIN kit for that matter, I thought others might though.
So you had your dash kit made for you and now you are attempting to make one like it? Good luck.
Remember most want perfect parts and that is hard to do. There are two subtlety different finishes on these parts remember that.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 AM

Actually, I had fabricated my own double din and new switch bezel. I had posted the images in the gallery all from start to finish. Started the process last Nobember and completed in March. Posted the images as I went along

Red Dog was kind enough to provide me with the paint codes. I did not purchase one as there where none avaialbe and now that it's been completed I don't require another.

It would have been great if there was one available off the shelf. Sadly though it does not appear that this will ever transpire. To anyone attempting, it's not that hard. It's just a lot of time and patience. Visit the gallery for images

Old 09-08-2015, 06:46 PM

Actually, I had fabricated my own double din and new switch bezel. I had posted the images in the gallery all from start to finish. Started the process last Nobember and completed in March. Posted the images as I went along

Red Dog was kind enough to provide me with the paint codes. I did not purchase one as there where none avaialbe and now that it's been completed I don't require another.

It would have been great if there was one available off the shelf. Sadly though it does not appear that this will ever transpire. To anyone attempting, it's not that hard. It's just a lot of time and patience. Visit the gallery for images
I got you mixed up with the other guy who did the poll, sorry.
Yours looks great.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:48 PM

Where did you get the sliver dash kit made for the nexus????