Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

No sound from speakers randomly?

Old 05-31-2019, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound from speakers randomly?

Hello guys, I know this is always difficult so I will try and be as detailed as possible. Unfortunately I lost sound in both of my front speakers (rears were taken out because they’re broken). I was driving and listening to music, and all of the sudden it cut out. The only thing I heard was the bass from my external amp/sub in the rear of my car. I had an aftermarket radio but I have since taken it out to try and fix. No avail. I have checked the fuses (at least ones related to the radio). I have looked at my amp, no water, not damp or anything. I do not have access to a voltmeter, but does anyone have any ideas on this? Thank you in advance guys.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:39 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: No sound from speakers randomly?

So you took the rears out "because they are broken"? Just how "broken" are they and in what way?
And you have an aftermarket subwoofer and amp - ok, you obviously have customized things quite a bit, so no one can base their guess on a factory set-up.

And you didn't tell us if the sub/amp are working or not. (Edit, as I read it again, it sounds like the sub was still working - or is it that ONLY the sub worked, then even it quit? I'm unsure.)
You did not tell us what kind of head unit you have.
You have not told us if the head acts like it is powered up or not.
And you tell us you have no voltmeter, so you can't even check for power at the head or amps.
You did not make it clear, is the factory amp still there or is that aftermarket as well?

And you want someone to guess what is going on.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No sound from speakers randomly?

Alright big guy calm down. I was in a bit of a hurry while typing, so sorry for not being so clear. Anyways got it figured out, had wire impingement on the driver door handle, got it all fixed. Just a tip for anyone who’s speakers stop working randomly, get in the doors and wiggle the speaker wires around, you might just find yourself surprised.

Edit: wasn’t really asking for anyone to tell me what’s wrong, just things I can check.