Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.
View Poll Results: Interested?
Interested
85.19%
Maybe
11.11%
Not interested
3.70%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Chrysler Crossfire Double Din Kit Ready For Production

Old 05-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Crossfire Double Din Kit Ready For Production

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost

Stupid question time, what did you do with the airbag light (passenger airbag on/off lamp)?
Im not sure what he did but I plan on just putting it behind the HU. Mine has a single din receiver with a 9 inch screen. So theoretically there should be room. The European models don’t have the light so no worries for them 🤷🏼‍♂️

The following users liked this post:
MAYAman (05-23-2022)
Old 05-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Took me a bit to figure out what this "double DIN" thing is all about probably due to my age & no particular interest in what it does . However I think it is a cool item if you have use for it .
For other accessory ignorant seniors , if there are any , here is some advantages for having a "double DIN" :-)
https://www.smartgeekreviews.com/ben...din-head-unit/

Old 05-09-2020, 12:45 PM
Received 557 Likes on 468 Posts

Stupid question time, what did you do with the airbag light (passenger airbag on/off lamp)?
I asked the same question in post #26 and got no answer, this could be a danger in the future as nothing tells you that the air bag is OFF.
If things could happen then sooner or later it will happen.

UrbanE and I put the indicator on the opposite side to cigarette lighter.

Old 05-09-2020, 01:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi.

I have the German / EU version of the car which doesn’t have the airbag indicator. (Passenger Airbag cannot be disabled. Unfortunately.)

I use a Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB. Love it for its CarPlay support, DAB and rear view camera support. Also with their calibration microphone and AutoEQ it adapts to the acoustic properties of the car and that results in quite good sound.

I‘ve put the USB port in the arm rest storage compartment using a USB extension / socket I bought on Amazon. I use the Pioneer rear view camera and a no Name DAB antenna which replaces my stock Roadster antenna. Excellent reception.

Last edited by pschlan; 05-09-2020 at 01:08 PM.
jefecito (09-20-2022)
Old 05-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He only has to modify one bezel in the kit to make it work. Then he could have a north american kit and a european kit by just adding to the NA bezel for the airbag. I love the design and the install. I will order a set, as I am sure others will, once the airbag indicator issue is resolved. Beautiful install and it doesn't affect any original stuff.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:13 PM
Received 458 Likes on 221 Posts

How long did it take from ordering, until you had it in hand?

Old 05-11-2020, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by nemiro
How long did it take from ordering, until you had it in hand?
I have preordered the kit when it was not even finished yet, so the numbers are not comparable here. I think the current lead time according to the shop is 2 weeks.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you have to add any wiring extensions to reach the switches in their new, lower location?

Old 05-11-2020, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bargegeek
Did you have to add any wiring extensions to reach the switches in their new, lower location?
No. It fit plug and play.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone I just saw the posts over here, when I posted the pictures I thought no one had interest in the project and haven't checked the forum after a while thankfully Sussudio informed me with the post. And he gave the updates. And pschlan thanks for your objective reviews and pictures this means a lot!

Originally Posted by Johnny Versatile
He only has to modify one bezel in the kit to make it work. Then he could have a north american kit and a european kit by just adding to the NA bezel for the airbag. I love the design and the install. I will order a set, as I am sure others will, once the airbag indicator issue is resolved. Beautiful install and it doesn't affect any original stuff.
Having 2 trims that one has airbag light and one doesn't will increase the costs in R&D and molding for us which will actually make the sale prices higher which I think it will not be tolerable considering our group buy price is already $300. There are nothing much to differentiate on low quantity manufacturing since the costs are increasing rapidly. Whereas I would recommend punching a hole on the transmission trim so it can fit. Otherwise the costs will not be acceptable compared the prices we have provided for group buy.

Originally Posted by Bargegeek
No our kit is plug and play. However you may need to cut the bottom portion of the plastic housing that is made to hold single din HU in order to convert it to Double Din. If you can cut it percisely with dremmel you will be able to stick it back with using epoxy glue or super glue.

I will be checking the forum more frequently to answer all the questions and reviews!

Stay safe everyone!

Old 05-24-2020, 03:13 PM

Hi everyone;

We are going to increase our prices to $330 by 25th May, Monday 23.59 to $330 if you want to benefit ongoing price I recommend you to make your purchase earlier.

Stay safe all!

Old 06-29-2020, 09:02 PM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

I placed an order on May 25th, the parts shipped May 29th. Tracking gets it to an airport on June 6th and that was the last entry. I did a chat with AOZ last week and was told they would check into it and reply be email the next day. Never happened. I started a new chat a little while ago but it doesn’t even get a response. I’m getting concerned, is anyone else still waiting?

Old 06-29-2020, 09:40 PM

Yes, this sounds like a similar situation with me package was out then returned then out again and now been at the airport since the 12th. Ali says he will get in contact with them about pushing it out.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:07 AM
Received 557 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by aliozgur
Hi everyone I just saw the posts over here, when I posted the pictures I thought no one had interest in the project and haven't checked the forum after a while thankfully Sussudio informed me with the post. And he gave the updates. And pschlan thanks for your objective reviews and pictures this means a lot!

Having 2 trims that one has airbag light and one doesn't will increase the costs in R&D and molding for us which will actually make the sale prices higher which I think it will not be tolerable considering our group buy price is already $300. There are nothing much to differentiate on low quantity manufacturing since the costs are increasing rapidly. Whereas I would recommend punching a hole on the transmission trim so it can fit. Otherwise the costs will not be acceptable compared the prices we have provided for group buy.

No our kit is plug and play. However you may need to cut the bottom portion of the plastic housing that is made to hold single din HU in order to convert it to Double Din. If you can cut it percisely with dremmel you will be able to stick it back with using epoxy glue or super glue.

I will be checking the forum more frequently to answer all the questions and reviews!

Stay safe everyone!
The bottom shelf is best cut with a hacksaw blade in one of those that clamp on the end, the blade is flexible and cuts neat and flush with the side wall. You will not want to put it back anyway but you would need to fill the gaps at the edges if you did as the gaps would be too large.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:12 AM

To those who have this kit, how did you mount the actual radio? I bought a DIN cage for my radio, and see that it is far smaller than the bezel, so it will not mount to it. I have ideas, but wanted to see what others had done, before I try something that might not work as well.

Old 09-12-2020, 01:28 PM

Usually the radios come with a bezel to cover the gap area. My Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB (highly recommended) fits nicely and came with cage and bezel (which I painted silver).

Old 09-12-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by pschlan
Usually the radios come with a bezel to cover the gap area. My Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB (highly recommended) fits nicely and came with cage and bezel (which I painted silver).

How did you attach your cage to the car?

Old 09-12-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by nemiro
How did you attach your cage to the car?
It is a quite tight fit.
The cage also has some flaps which you can bend outside so the cage cannot easily be pulled out.
So far it’s working quite well.
A better solution probably would be to screw it to the plastic frame but I didn’t look for flat screws yet which would fit.

nemiro (09-12-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 03:55 PM

Is this okay for a manual gear selector? Or is it auto only?

Old 09-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Thedinks
Is this okay for a manual gear selector? Or is it auto only?
Yes it’s okay for a manual.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Crossfire Double Din Kit Ready For Production