Australia Serving Australia.

Headlight Rip off

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Headlight Rip off

Recently bought a 2005 Crossfire Roadster, very low klms and in beautiful all round condition. I noticed the headlights had foggy patches and although not too bad decided to phone a Chrysler dealer to get a price for a pair of new ones. The price I was given still has me in a state of shock, would you believe $1,400.00 EACH YES YOU READ RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS $2,800 FOR A PAIR OF F.............G HEADLIGHTS. I am already beginning to regret the day I ever set eyes on a Crossfire. I am even finding it hard to LOCATE them in the USA. How the hell can Chrysler justify such an outrageous price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH FOR PRODUCT LOYALTY, CHRYSLER GET A REALITY CHECK AND STOP RIPPING OFF CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE OWNERS NEVER MIND POTENTIAL CHRYSLER BUYERS.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Headlight Ripp off

Guess it's a good thing you found the forum..
Or guess you found a good place to sell your Crossfire. Since we KNOW for about 50 bucks and some bonding time with the car those headlights can sparkle like champagne.
Ever hear of Ebay.. pair been floating on there for at least six months..

Forum rule.. NEVER GO TO DEALER..
Exception to the rule.. DRBIII has to be accessed.
Chrysler doesn't JUSTIFY the prices.. they just look for suckers to pay them.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Default Re: Headlight Rip off

The headlights on my recently purchased 2004 coupe with 41k on the clock were ghastly. I purchased the 3M headlight restore kit for less than $20 and they now look fantastic! I haven't seen the need for the internal methanol treatment as of yet.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Wes - try not to get too upset with these things. I understand the frustration with having bought something and then second guessing yourself when things don't seem right, but you've purchased an amazing little car that's loads of fun, and it comes with the best support system on this forum of any I've seen. Everyone is here to help, and most issues about these cars have already been uncovered and dealt with. Sometimes the answers on the search function aren't easy to find, but they're usually there. If not, then post your question and someone will chime in to help.
So relax a little, and enjoy the car. It'll have you smiling in no time.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ottawa John
Hey Wes - try not to get too upset with these things. I understand the frustration with having bought something and then second guessing yourself when things don't seem right, but you've purchased an amazing little car that's loads of fun, and it comes with the best support system on this forum of any I've seen. Everyone is here to help, and most issues about these cars have already been uncovered and dealt with. Sometimes the answers on the search function aren't easy to find, but they're usually there. If not, then post your question and someone will chime in to help.
So relax a little, and enjoy the car. It'll have you smiling in no time.
Wasn't me.....Wrinkly is the OP's handle.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Forum Regular

My apologies. I must have been distracted by your avatar. Your avatar. Your avatar. Your avatar.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrinkly
Recently bought a 2005 Crossfire Roadster, very low klms and in beautiful all round condition. I noticed the headlights had foggy patches and although not too bad decided to phone a Chrysler dealer to get a price for a pair of new ones. The price I was given still has me in a state of shock, would you believe $1,400.00 EACH YES YOU READ RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS $2,800 FOR A PAIR OF F.............G HEADLIGHTS. I am already beginning to regret the day I ever set eyes on a Crossfire. I am even finding it hard to LOCATE them in the USA. How the hell can Chrysler justify such an outrageous price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH FOR PRODUCT LOYALTY, CHRYSLER GET A REALITY CHECK AND STOP RIPPING OFF CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE OWNERS NEVER MIND POTENTIAL CHRYSLER BUYERS.
There are several vendors where you can purchase the complete headlight assembly much cheaper than from Chrysler. One such vendor I use is OE Discount Parts (www.oediscountparts.com). And, yes, OE Discount Parts is affiliated with a Chrysler dealership in western North Carolina. They list the complete headlight assemblies for $626.40 each on their website.

And then, as others have indicated, there are quite a few XFires that have been totaled by insurance carriers over the years due to high cost of parts. Finding a totaled XFire with headlights still in good shape should be somewhat easy. I use www.getusedparts.com as a place to put in my search for hard-to-find items.

Later,

Last edited by dedwards0323; 07-24-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Default Re: Headlight Ripp off

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Guess it's a good thing you found the forum..
Or guess you found a good place to sell your Crossfire. Since we KNOW for about 50 bucks and some bonding time with the car those headlights can sparkle like champagne.
Ever hear of Ebay.. pair been floating on there for at least six months..

Forum rule.. NEVER GO TO DEALER..
Exception to the rule.. DRBIII has to be accessed.
Chrysler doesn't JUSTIFY the prices.. they just look for suckers to pay them.
No exception to the rule, others can access the computer, not only Chrysler.
In fact i had an intermittent problem with the accelerator disconnecting, since new, and Chrysler couldn't find the fault.
It surfaced again this year, and being out of warranty, took it to my local mechanic. He put his scanner on it and couldn't find a fault code. I suggested he select Mercedes R170 3.2 from the menu, and Bingo, found the accelerator sensor fault. Replaced the pedal assembly ( from Mercedes dealership, as they were cheaper), and all has been well.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-response.html

Old 09-10-2013, 06:06 AM

Had hazy headlights on my SRT6. Just within warranty when I bought it, so I had the headlights re-polished through local Chrysler dealer Leo Muller here in Brisbane. They got Ferris Car Care to do the job. This was over 2 years ago and no problems at all since. Headlights still look brand new.