Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions

Hi again,

A couple of questions:

The car I just bought is still covered under the 115Km Powertrain warrranty but is just out of it's regular warranty. Has anyone ever purchased an aftermarket extended warranty for their car? If so, what company did you buy it from? Cost, reliability,experiences etc...?

I plan to use synthetic oil in it, is this a good idea?

thanks,

Modge

Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Default Re: Questions

Hello Modulator

Welcome to the crossfire forum.
I my self have just had my bumper to bumper warranty expire so i cant help in that area but as for the oil this car runs full synthetic mobil1 0w40 and about 8 litres at that. I have found that in canada it is cheaper to go and get the oil and filter done at the dealer rather than buying it and doing the oil change your self its about 120.00 for the oil change at the dealer.

Adrian

Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

Have the dealer do the oil change. I would also check with them about an extened warranty.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Smile Re: Questions

Originally Posted by modulator
Hi again,

A couple of questions:

The car I just bought is still covered under the 115Km Powertrain warrranty but is just out of it's regular warranty. Has anyone ever purchased an aftermarket extended warranty for their car? If so, what company did you buy it from? Cost, reliability,experiences etc...?

I plan to use synthetic oil in it, is this a good idea?

thanks,

Modge
Hi, I just picked my 05 up from Virginia and have the same problem.
2 Solutions: Any U.S.A. Chrysler dealer will service your vehicle, regardless of living in Canada. I transferred my warranty to a Buffalo Zip code and spoke to a dealer in the area....no problem...unless you break down and have to have it towed.
Other solution: www.warrantydirect.ca
I spoke to my local Chrysler dealer whom I've known for years. For Warranty work, they phone in, get authorization and do the work.
I have some very decent #s from this outfit. $2400 Bumper to Bumper.
Have a look and good luck.
If you find anyone else, please share as I haven't made the decision yet.
Bob D
Brampton

Old 02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a question for the Canadians attending get-togethers in the US. Are we going to need a passport to get across the border this summer? I remember hearing something about it on the radio a while back, but I also remember they were planning on changing our licence card. I dunno, Please give me some info on this.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

Originally Posted by Beaner
I have a question for the Canadians attending get-togethers in the US. Are we going to need a passport to get across the border this summer? I remember hearing something about it on the radio a while back, but I also remember they were planning on changing our licence card. I dunno, Please give me some info on this.
I think at this time it will be required in June. Although that may change again. Ontario now issues new D.L's with updated security info with the hope that the U.S., will allow this to be used if you donot have a passport.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure if the "Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative" that goes into effect on June 1 applies to others, but this is the reminder that was just sent to us this morning (I work for the US Postal Service, where passport applications are submitted):

"Beginning June 1, Americans will need to show a valid U.S. passport book, a U.S. passport card or other special travel document approved by the Department of Homeland Security when entering the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry."

Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you will need a Passport to enter the US of A. and no criminal record as they will reject you for any offence that is covered by the Canadian Criminal Code. People who have recived pardons and their file is closed still show on the US computers at the border

Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks everyone, I will be picking up the forms this week so I can get started on all the paperwork and waiting peroids that will most likely happen.
Thank you!