Canada Serving Canada.

I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I think I could take Florida as a place to live in the winter.
Yes I will! South East Florida suits me fine.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been in San Diego all week and spotted my first Crossfire heading to San Diego airport to return to Illinois. It was a blue sapphire coupe....

Old 11-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that the Ontario Legislature is back in session with new MPP's and staff, new cars are showing up in the rear parking lot. Every day, there is a Black Coupe, all stock with no modifications parked behind the building. It's a daily driver from what I can tell. Could belong to a new elect or staff...who knows. Only one other guy in the building I know owned a Crossfire until he rolled it three times. He walked away without a scratch. I talked to him shortly after the accident when considering a Crossfire purchase. He had nothing but great things to say about the car which helped in the decision of purchasing a Crossfire. I'll have to find out who owns the black coupe and introduce him/her to the SOCO gang.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:59 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Tony we're only looking for new female SOCO members.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:03 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Thanks, We drove straight through, 179 managed to sleep in the car, I only managed to drop of for a minute or so. Consequently we got as far as the Buffalo area and I got the shakes and my eyes were wanting to shut, I told my son that was it for me and he drove. I rested and drove another 40 miles and the same happened again. He drove to the border and then home.

The US customs really only wanted to see the title and stamp it, they X-rayed the car while we were inside and we were out in less than five minutes. I asked them why I had the copies of the bill of sale and title which they did not take and the very friendly officer said it was just "fluff". The female officer who stamped the Title was more officious, the guy was extremely friendly and joked. We were wandering around the car park at US customs before we went in, looking for the office and a masked officer with a dog came over to us, 'Oh, Oh' I thought, but he pulled down his mask and said 'can I help you, you must be looking for the car export office" and pointed to it and said where to park. A BMW roadster and an SUV were there already and left as we arrived. There must be a lot of cars coming into Canada as the officer with the dog we met earlier said he told people where to go 'thousands' of times.

At the Canadian side an officer in the parking lot told us to get the month and year of manufacture from the door label and told us where to go. It took longer to fill out the RIV form and pay the RIV fee, the male officer was very friendly, the female cashier was officious when asked about something, as if we should know the answer. Maybe she was pissed she did not have a gun, just a bullet proof vest, thank god she was unarmed with that attitude.
Fifteen minutes later we were on the QEW fighting traffic, that area is busy in the afternoon.
I got home, had some dinner and slept from seven pm to seven thirty am, and never woke once.

Now to switch the lighting module from the na to the SRT and get the test. Freezing rain is a bit different from the Ft Lauderdale showers, I think I could take Florida as a place to live in the winter. I'm glad we got home yesterday and not today if the roads are icy.
Welcome home Dave. Good thing you beat the Thanksgiving border traffic and last night's freezing rain. Our school buses were cancelled today so it was bad up here.

So what are your first impressions of the new 6?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Welcome home Dave. Good thing you beat the Thanksgiving border traffic and last night's freezing rain. Our school buses were cancelled today so it was bad up here.

So what are your first impressions of the new 6?
It sucks gas. My son (179) thinks it's powerful, but he drives a VW TDI.
It was not as hard a ride as I was expecting, but at 500 miles we got some foam seats at a truck joint. I have still got a sore *** butt.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-23-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:57 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Best of luck with the new wheels. I guess you'll be busy getting it ready for it's hibernation.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your new wheels Dave. I see the Canadian customs werent too painfull, good for you!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:46 PM

The toys, while I still have both.

Black and blue, just like my butt from that long drive.

See how my reflective license plate burnt out from the camera flash.

The Aero headlights look foggy but they are pristine and just a little better than the ones on the black one. They do have a little condensation in them after the drive, but I think they are actually tears about leaving that Florida weather.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-23-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@a restricted parking area on the dock @ Lahaina,Maui- Hawaii plate LAK 633, 06 black coupe.Tempory parking permit issued to Atlantas Sub mechanical--this baby needs to be reclaimed an abused crossfire,dents dings and salt water .I will return in the morning to see if I can save her and post the VIN

Old 11-24-2011, 01:56 AM

The new car looks GREAT, Dave. Congratulations! I had heard that the SRT-6 was a much harsher ride than the NA. It sounds as if that is true.
I can't wait to see it, regardless. Did you set up the DRLs yourself? Do you have it "safetyed" and the RIV work completed?

Anxious to hear about your experience.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Dave, it would be a shame to let that black beauty go...............you know where it's been, it's part of you~!

Not to mention, you'd be the talk of the neighbourhood, just keeping those guys parked out there all winter................no need to decorate the house for Christmas.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by mbepic
Dave, it would be a shame to let that black beauty go...............you know where it's been, it's part of you~!

Not to mention, you'd be the talk of the neighbourhood, just keeping those guys parked out there all winter................no need to decorate the house for Christmas.
I know it's a shame but there is only room for one car that's a toy. It would be a waste of money to insure it and then not drive it. I've had it since new and it's been babied, a garage queen.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In Florida. Saturday around 10. White xf coupe. I-95 going south. Just a bit north of the I-595 exit close to Hollywood.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 PM

Spotted in Caledon East today, a Sebring Limited SRT8.
They are rarer than Karmann Crossfires I'd say.

Also spotted was a nut washing two Crossfires in the rain, dumb a$$.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: I spotted a crossfire today!!!

[SIZE=3Also spotted was a nut washing two Crossfires in the rain, dumb a$$.

Hey Dave, I'm sure you have heard of 'acid rain'; may not be that dumb...........especially when it comes to keeping the Xfire clean! Of course, driving it in the rain might be really dumb not that I have ever avoided that.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I seen one today! In my garage. Havent been around to look at it and now I am home until the 3rd.

Ohh and there is a 9.5" wide rim on the front... I hope it can stay there

Old 12-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
I seen one today! In my garage. Havent been around to look at it and now I am home until the 3rd.

Ohh and there is a 9.5" wide rim on the front... I hope it can stay there
Hmm, gonna flare those fenders?

Old 03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

I saw a beautifil red roadster in front of TOPS in Buffalo yesterday. Had a limited edition badge on each front fender.

Here for a hockey tournament.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spotted a graphite srt6 in a residential area of Brockville on the way to the hospital yesterday

Quick Reply: I spotted a crossfire today!!!